Killzone: Shadow Fall

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Serotonin, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Played a bit of SF yesterday at a friend's place.
    Well....Looks glorious but is boring and uninspired.

Kind of like Crysis 3.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lol iam following TECH from behind i guess. PS4 is out anyway? :D

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Wait, where have you been the last month or so?

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    :nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd:

:infinity::infinity::infinity::infinity::infinity:

5. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    So I decided to start playing this. Pretty good game so far. The only thing I hate is that the fan in the PS4 get's really loud when playing this game. I assume this is normall? I play with headphones, so I don't hear it except for when it took them off. That's when I noticed it.

7. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Never noticed the fan, I'll have to check. I still run through a level in single player from time to time.

Thanks for the head's up on the free mp levels.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    So I just finished Chapter 3 and noticed some pretty bad stutter on the ship. Especially in the parts where you were in zero g. Did anyone else notice it too? If I put the 30 fps lock on, it was a little better. For the most part the stutter has been at a minimum, even without using the 30 fps lock. So far, I am really liking the game and the graphics are really great too.

9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Ill throw in here as well, excellent game and definitely on par with any PC FPS (the only major complaint I have is aiming with a controller, once you are used to mouse and keyboard, it feels really alien - sort of like wearing gloves that are covered in oil).

I am getting better though ;)

I'm not sure why Killzone gets so much hate either but this seems to be common with the launch titles on both platforms.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I noticed the stuttering on the ship when I played it at launch, never went back to that part. I figured they would have patched that up by now. Glad you're enjoying it aside from that.

11. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    dat ending. :banana:

I hope Sony puts the Killzone series on their list of remastered titles. I would love to play the other games.

12. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    i thought this was the worst killzone game

13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The ending was very well done. Last level was pretty tough on hard, but well worth it.

I thought it was good, I got bored of the other releases. The DS4 helps a lot with the aiming.

14. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    This was the first game in the series I played through and I enjoyed it. I tried the demo for part 2 a few times. I kept wanting to like it based on all the raving reviews and users saying how awesome it was. I couldn't stand it. Same with the demo for part 3.

I guess the reasons people liked it are why they hate this new one. The character didn't feel so heavy and bogged down. Aiming was much easier (I'm still used to a kb+m for fps games, controllers and me do not get a long at all in fps games) to the point where I found it enjoyable.

The remote play on vita was fluid and a cool and a nice added bonus.

And for a launch title, considering the drought we are still in - I thought it was put together with quality, something launch titles tend to lack.

15. Deasnutz

Deasnutz Guest

GPU:
    Titan X 12GB
    The fact that it had dynamic internal rendering resolution pissed me off when I played it at release, because they touted 1080p so much. Made the beautiful graphics muddy and blurry. I would have accepted fps drops over fidelity.

I guess I wasn't the only one now that there is a class action lawsuit in the works. Maybe they'll stop lying next time (I won't buy a non 1080p release personally).

16. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    That was only for multiplayer, Single player was full 1080p.

17. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    That's what I thought too. SP was 1080p30 and MP was 900/720p30

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Sorry for necro but seems I'm very late for the party with this game.

Picked it up at a retail store for 20€ but I regret this decision. Sure, it's nice with the unlocked frame rate but the game still feels pretty sluggish to play. And since it's not a PS4 Pro patched game, the 1080p without AA is somewhat painful to look at. Also got very worried when the disc drive was spinning constantly (it's very loud) but later it stopped and I understand that it simply meant it finished installing the game.

Lastly, I couldn't finish Chapter 2 - after putting some C4 on the AA guns I'm supposed to run to the bunker and call for a drop ship together with my allies. But the allies are still by the crash site and I cannot call the dropship on my own.

Bah, I should have skipped this and bought Ratchet & Clank instead. I think I'll try selling it.

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I thought it was alright. Nothing special but I did finish it. Try going back to where the AI teamates are to see they refresh.

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I think I need to restart the whole mission since I've checked with the guys and they just stand there doing nothing.

Anyway, I was hoping Digital Foundry would have made a video on how the game works in Boost Mode but unfortunately not. I did however find this video where the guy claims to run at 60fps. Judging by what I'm seeing, I'd say he's wrong. What do you think? My game runs very sluggish like I mentioned before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvCrjenZ2jQ&t=319s