Auzentech X-Fi Bravura 7.1 Revealed - Sneak Peak

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Sep 17, 2009.

1. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I'm thinking it's a direct shot at those cards.

2. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    My thoughts exactly. Its definitely a music and movie card, plus the headphone amp and upgradeable op-amps just add to it. Its looking really good, may have to watch for this when it gets closer to launch.

3. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Auzentech had replacable opamps since their early cards. The X-Meridian 7.1 is a great example with fully replacable opamps.

4. Tacoboy

Tacoboy Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7800
    Why only EAX 4.0

I'm going to guess the reason the Bravura only goes up to EAX 4.0 is because Auzentech has some agreement with Creative Labs so as the Bravura does not compete with the Creative sound cards when it comes to gaming.
    Auzentech might get a better price for the X-Fi chips if they limit the card to EAX 4.0.

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    it's all about licenses .. the more features a company wants to license and implement, the more the company (Auzen) needs to pay.

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I don't think so. The chip is not a hardware based DSP processor. EAX 5 seem to be available exclusively on the 20KX series of DSP's -commonly know as the X-fi processor.

Auzentech already has the Prelude and Forte and those two are the champions of gaming audio.

7. riiaku

riiaku Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480
    The marketing that went into this card was retarded. EAX 4.0? but no 5.0? thats odd, Then DTS encoding but no Dolby digital. Ok I guess I can see that but then why 5 replaceable opamps on a card like this. What is the target consumer? Is this a budget card or what?

The Forte has eax 5.0 dolby digital, dts, i love that vga connector for the connectors, very smart for those of us who connect blue jeans LC-1 thick cables and need the clearance that cant be provided on the bravura but available on the forte. But then the Forte has only 1 replaceable op amp.

They should offer another revision of the forte but a fully expanded card with the vga connector, 5 replaceable opamps, eax 5, dts and dolby digital, crystalizer 4.0, and pci express. That way its the all in one card not this half and half card you have here with critical components missing, namely eax 5.0, dolby digital, and the vga connector.

What was the marketing team at Auzentech thinking??? Talk about a waste of resources.

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    This card is not aimed at gamers.
    VGA connector? -Oh you mean the DB15 connector for the breakout cable?

Based on what I have seen many are interested in this card and what is considered critical depends on who you ask.
    Considering the price, this is not meant to be a flagship card.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  9. riiaku

riiaku Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480
    If you read my response carefully I know its not meant to be a flagship card, but at the same time its offering flagship features, 5x replaceable opamps and dts connect. Why on earth would you include EAX4 but not 5? that move alone was stupid. Many people are moving to windows 7, which doesnt support eax 3, 4 or 5 which makes it a moot point. Since its nots not a gamer card to begin with then why even include eax 4? Why not just eax 2 like a majority of other cards support. Just seems kind of odd. I've spoken with numerous gamers that agree with me, the marketing just wasn't all there when they were creating this card. 5x replaceable op amps would be nice on a card like the x-fi forte. Also the reason i like that db15 connector is cause my rca-1/8 plugs are very thick and its what makes the purchase of the x-fi forte a requirement for me. I just hope this X-fi bravura can accomodate my thick 1/8 barrels.

10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    If this is not meant to be the upcoming flagship card, is there any news of what will be?

Then again, I probably shouldn't be thinking of buying a flagship soundcard when my CPU is older than I am.

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    What are flagship features? Replacable opamps are seen on many cards now, not just the highest end products. DTS connect is the same you can find that on many entry level cards.
    The card allows support for EAX 4 because it can through software. EAX 5 requires a little more power and has never been seen on any software based card. Hardware based X-fi with X-ram cards only.
    Actually Windows 7 doesn't support Direct sound which is a totally different thing. Similar to Vista not supporting direct sound yet people still play EAX game on Vista. This card will supports OpenAL also, which is perfectly fine for Vista and Win7. EAX 1,2,3,4 can still be offered through the OpenAL API.
    Other cards that support only EAX 2 are prevented from using higher level because they are closed standards belonging to Creative Labs. The D15 connector may have been a good idea also though.
    Everybody has their opinion though. I am just interested to hear how it will sound.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  12. Rootdown

Rootdown Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX670
    how does the x-fi home theatre's headphone capabilities compare to this card?

can the bravura output full resolution blu-ray audio through analog like the home theatre?

i want something that will push my sennhieser 595s but i also want EAX5 and full resolution blu ray audio.

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    This card would have the best headphone output of all the Auzentech cards as that is one of the main features and the card was designed to have a great headphone output. It has a seperate DAC and replacable opamp.
    Either card will drive the HD595's just fine. If you want Blue ray audio standars and EAX 5, then the HTHD is your card...
    The Bravura does NOT support blue Ray audio standards.

14. Rootdown

Rootdown Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX670
    ok, great. thanks!

i was led to believe the home theatre also had a seperate dac for headphones out. does it just have a seperate headphone amp?

15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The HTHD has a seperate headphone amplifier but not a seperate DAC like the Bravura.

16. PanzerIV

PanzerIV Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX570 @ 860
    It's a real shame that this card doesn't have a real X-Fi cheap. I could care less about EAX since it's not being used anymore. DTS-Connect is also either equal or better than DDL so I don't mind not having any Dolby, it haves a better board layout, seems to have better capacitor, it gots the best headphone amp... so far so good but they had to ruin it all by not having a X-Fi chip for improved gaming performance, really retarded imo (-_-).

A guy offered me 130$ for my Prelude and I was about to ship it tomorow but I'm not very confuse as the Bravura isn't what I thought it was. What's the absolute best sound card if I have the following and need the features below?

Speakers = KEF KHT-3005
    Receiver = Onkyo TX-SR607

* Surround-Stereo (Must have for my music, such as CMSS-3D at 50%)
    * DTS Connect through optical so I get 5.1 gaming in my FPS games such as Bad Company 2.
    * I like the X-Fi Crystalizer at 50% but I could deal without it.

17. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Well if your just going to use the S/PDIF & let your Onkyo do the work then any DTS connect card should be fine. IMO there''s no reason to spend alot of money if you just going to use the RCA/Toslink output. Since the Onkyo TX-SR607 does have HDMI inputs I'd go with an Auzen X-Fi HomeTheater HD which supports EAX 5.0, has a S/PDIF output, supports 7.1 over analog, and most importantly also supports newer Blu-ray standards such as 92 kHz PCM, Dolby® Digital Plus, Dolby True HD, & DTS-HD Master Audio over HDMI.
    http://www.auzentech.com/site/products/x-fi_hometheater_hd.php

18. PanzerIV

PanzerIV Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX570 @ 860
    Hehe, yeah you can trust me I would have go for the HometheaterHD card but since it's 2x more expensive, it let you think more than twice about it.

1- Is it true that DTS-HD and DD-TrueHD would be 100% useless for mp3 audio and gaming as I never watch movies on my computer.

2- Why if I use S/PDIF nothing else on the card will matter? Won't the opamp, capacitor, software features (CMSS-3D/Crystalizer..) and hardware acceleration matter?!? :3eyes:

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You should read the review this card was head to head with the Forte for all the testing.
    The Bravura is close to the hardware card in almost every test.
    However, if you are not interested in gaming effects the X-fi processor makes little difference.

Of course the HTHD is more money as it has a boatload of features and allows you to use the PC to play blue ray movies with full resolution audio through normal analog.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  20. PanzerIV

PanzerIV Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX570 @ 860
    I'm currently in the process of reading this review HERE, I'm not yet to the "performance" bench but I'd bet that with todays fast cpu there's either none or almost no difference weither or not you have hardware acceleration on ur sound card. There's even games such as Bad Company 2 that process all sound through the cpu instead so even if you have the hardware acceleration it won't make use of it eh.

Well I guess I made my choice. I wasn't expecting this but since I just found a store selling the HTHD for only 219$ instead of about 270$ well I'm gonna pick that one instead even though I may never see the benifit of DTS-HD in most games.

http://www.onhop.ca/catalog/product/10831186