AMD Catalyst 14.4 RC1 (14.100.0.0 April 15)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Apr 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    Are these the same as the leaked March 27 drivers with same driver version in stickied thread title?

Thanks.

2. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    In Farcry 3 I still get 100% usage on one core and the rest is basically doing nothing.

3. juntulis

juntulis Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1
    yay still no mantle support for 7970m and years to come...

4. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  6. kd7

kd7 Guest

GPU:
    7970m
    I have the exact same specs (I assume you are on a m17x R4) and mantle works just fine on the 7970M.

7. WILDMAKC

WILDMAKC Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R7 260X
    Excellent driver ) BF4 got better !!!!(dx 11.1)
    Mantle begins to consume a lot of memory (available 1024MB) , it consumes ~1250MB . FPS drops !

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  9. N3MBOT

N3MBOT Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280xoc
    did anything changed since the 14.4 leaked drivers from the 295 review?

i just installed those two days ago , should i bother to install the same driver , but now called RC1, or is there any visible diference?

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Is there any news about when the R9 270 will be optimized?

I remember reading that these cards, and other "Mantle" video cards are not optimized yet, and then no new information regarding that for a long time now.

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Had a feeling they'd do this, up em while awaiting the WHQL certificate, so you may as well just grab these folks, thanks asder. :)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  12. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Probably with 14.5. At the moment I believe they're doing more work on updating the drivers rather than spending those resources on testing multiple drivers for release. Even with the 'beta' and 'RC' drivers, they go through quite a bit of testing before release.

13. dkizzy

dkizzy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290
    It would probably be a good idea to run the latest AMD Clean Utility since it works in 8.1 now and then updating the drivers if you don't see any improvements. It's a nuisance but a great tool to wipe the existing drivers out.

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    AMD logos now black :p

15. HenriLoso

HenriLoso Guest

GPU:
    HD 7730M
    Still no HD 7000 optimizations and GCN Mobile cards support with Enduro. Seriously, if AMD knew they were going to make a low-level API and Enduro wouldn't be "compatible" as about now, why even bring it to laptops then? Muxless B.S is annoying as poop. Almost 4 months and still no support with laptops really needing that boost cause of crappy dual graphics and CPU bottleneck. Can't even overclock the Trinity APU.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Still got that bug thats been in there years now i see, the background going black on the Video Colour section in the CCC, and the Colour Temperature at 6400k bug, so you get a slight pink tinge, as just reset mine back to 6500k. :p

17. maco07

maco07 Active Member

GPU:
    7970 3GB Boost
    Where did you checked it? And how did you changed it?

Thanks!

18. KyleStilkey

KyleStilkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6800 XT N+
    It changed with the first driver release of the year. Once you go black you never go back ;)

19. derpyQ

derpyQ Active Member

GPU:
    HD 7950 3GB
    So presumably AMD rushed out this pre-WHQL RC because of their card launch today, and we'll be getting essentially the same driver as WHQL in two weeks, probably with a new 14.5 beta to take the place of the RC at the same time. Lol professionalism has never been AMD's amazing strength. Thankfully I don't care about professionalism in this area :p

20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Colour Temperature Sliders in Display Colour (Digital Flat-Panel), at the bottom. :)

I don't go in the Video Section, so the background going black doesn't bother me, i just had a check to see if they'd fixed it, but nope :p

What an idiot i am though, as ran through 3D Mark 11 to test, and the frames were shocking, 30s/40s, where they should have been in the 90s, so i uninstalled them to go back to the 13.12s, when i realised, i didn't swap to my OC profile in AB, i was still running on my low clocks one for my desktop use, so ive just re-installed them again :D

Yeah be the same driver, it will just have the WHQL certificate. :)