Dolby® Advanced Audio/ Home Theater Drivers for your built-in HD Audio

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by fr33jack, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Nospheratu

Nospheratu Member

GPU:
    Radeon 7970M CrossFire
    IDT High Definition Audio with Dolby Home Theater v4 fixed!

After a rediculous amount of testing and asking uncle google for advice it's working! :)

I've replicated my steps a few times and I'm fairly certain this would work if any of you are experiencing the same problem. It should work without isue on an Alienware M17x R2 with Windows 8.1 as that's what I'm using. You could give it a try if you have an IDT HD Audio card as well.

Fixing the INF for use with an IDT High Definition Audio sound card
    1. Download the installation files from the OP. Extract the rar.
    2. Extract the "Dolby PCEE Drivers.msi" installation file using msiexec and the command line.
    eg. msiexec /a "C:\Dolby PCEE Drivers.msi" /qb TARGETDIR="C:\Extracted Dolby PCEE Drivers"
    3. Using the above extraction path as reference here, go to C:\Extracted Dolby PCEE Drivers\Dolby PCEE Drivers\Drivers64\Release. You should see a file called PCEE4-DHT.INF
    4. Open the file and find and replace all occurances of HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D1 with HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D ( Thank you @epguy19 :) ) Save and close.
    4.1 Optional depending on whether you're running Windows 8.1. Reboot with Driver signing off. ie. Hold down Shift when clicking Restart. Select Troubleshoot->Advanced Options->Startup Settings. Click Restart. Once the machine reboots press F7 at the Startup Settings screen to Disable driver signature enforcement.
    5. Go back to the extracted Dolby PCEE Drivers folder and run "Dolby PCEE Drivers.msi". Select the "DHT(release)" driver. If you're prompted on whether to install the driver or not, select install.

Your drivers should now be installed. If you can hear a marked difference in sound when you go to your Playback Device's properties and switch between the Dolby profiles on the Dolby tab you can go ahead and install the "Dolby Home Theater v4.msi" application.

If you do not have the Dolby tab under your speaker playback device and have the Enhancements tab instead read on. At this point if I plugged in a pair of headphones, the headphones properties contained the Dolby tab and the Dolby effects were working only with the headphones playback devices.

Enabling the Dolby Tab and effects on the Speaker Playback Device
    1. Open regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render\. There should be multiple entries here. Expand the entries and look for the ones with both "FxProperties" and "Properties" keys. To identify the Speakers playback device one of the "Properties" keys will have a string value called "{a45c254e-df1c-4efd-8020-67d146a850e0},2" with a data value of "Speakers". We're interested in the "FxProperties" key above this "Properties" key.
    2. Under this "FxProperties" key, delete all values apart from (Default).
    3. Copy and paste the below to Notepad making sure to change ****** to the name of the parent key of that particular "FxProperties" key. eg. Mines was called {36018a56-954a-437d-8bdb-0b6bbf830dbc}. The name will vary as it changes with every driver install.

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\MMDevices\Audio\Render\******\FxProperties]
    "{b725f130-47ef-101a-a5f1-02608c9eebac},10"="Dolby PCEE4"
    "{d04e05a6-594b-4fb6-a80d-01af5eed7d1d},3"="{C53E5AAF-5F6F-41c2-9F63-ADEBBC9B6B64}"
    "{d04e05a6-594b-4fb6-a80d-01af5eed7d1d},0"="{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}"
    "{d04e05a6-594b-4fb6-a80d-01af5eed7d1d},1"="{BC8E3B67-3306-4eef-B230-6798E9A67F0B}"
    "{1da5d803-d492-4edd-8c23-e0c0ffee7f0e},5"=dword:00000000
    3. Run this reg file and select yes when prompted on whether you want to add this information to the registry. If you have a look at the same "FxProperties" key again you will notice the above values have been added.
    4. Reboot the machine.
    5. You should now have Dolby effects working on your speaker device! :) Install the "Dolby Home Theater v4.msi" and you're done!

Once again I'd like to thank @fr33jack for providing the files and @epguy19 for pointing out the flaw in the drivers INF for IDT's device ID.

DISCLAIMER: Perform this modification at your own risk. I take no responsibility for any damage caused by technical error, user inexperience or stupidity.

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Away from my PC so not just being lazy.

I've now moved to using the 970 to pass the audio to a receiver, and noticed the Nvidia HD Audio driver does not support 88.2 and 176.4 khz, does this by an chance fix this issue as it must just be a software limitation on Nvidia's part.

It's not a huge issue, but i would rather not re-sample stuff unless i need to.

3. FrameSkip

FrameSkip Guest

GPU:
    Asus Nvidia GTX760 2gb OC
    Soundblaster Z + DHT v4

I sucessfully installed it with my soundblaster Z but i have one problem with the Z's control panel, it says it doesnt support the audio device but DHT v4 is fully functional.

Can anyone help me out to have the Z control panel working plus the DHT v4? I dont want to lose the Z control panel features as well. :wanker:

4. Blacklac

Blacklac Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 960 SSC 2GB
    I just want to clarify, this will allow Dolby Live to work from the GPU via HDMI output? And in all its 7.1 glory?

I just did some tweaking to get Dolby Live up and running on my Mobo's onboard optical output, but its limited to 5.1.

5. stillmehungry

stillmehungry Guest

GPU:
    780 lightning
    Windows 10

I had it working perfectly with a via card in my pc. I have recently upgraded to windows 10 preview but cannot get it working again. I can install drivers fine but when I try to enable ddl in settings it says test sound cannot be played. Any ideas as to why I lost functionality?

6. cheappo

cheappo Guest

GPU:
    7870 xt/2 GB
    @Nospheratu, I followed your procedure and got the Dolby Home Theater v4 effects working on Windows 10 (build 10122) on the Realtek HD sound card (Asus Hero VII). Thanks for the effort!

7. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Thanks for these. They seem to have boosted my Mic input as well as any improvements they've made to the output. Before I had to use Mic Boost +30db with the volume on about 70 but now +10db and 90 seems to give a good level with less hiss. I'll have to double-check with my friends on Teamspeak though, as I might be getting misled by a louder output from my soundcard.

I was hoping the Dolby Virtualiser would work better for me than Razer Surround but unfortunately it doesn't. I seem to be able to get more sense of direction (on my headphones) with it disabled. I get the impression it's trying to expand all the sounds into a 3D space and in doing so it makes everything a bit of a mush with no space between the sounds, making it harder for me to place them.

I guess it must just be me as plenty of people seem happy with both Razor and Dolby virtual surround. I can't make much noise as I live in a flat with poor sound proofing, so all I can do is try and arrange 4 speakers quite near to my head, so that I don't need to have the volume up much to hear them!

8. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    One downside I found with using these instead of the Realtek driver is that it forces my front panel output device to Dolby HT v4 Headphone, which means any games that have a setting in-game (like StarCraft II) are forced to Stereo. So there's no way for me to switch the game to output 5.1/7.1 and have the driver virtualise that down to two channels.

With the Realtek driver, I could have set 5.1/7.1 in the Realtek control panel, which would force StarCraft II to output the same and then Razer Surround or similar could virtualise the signal down to two channels (although I'm not sure that surround is that important in SC II).

I'm sure there used to be a Headphone Virtualisation option in the Realtek control panel as well, so I could use either that or Razer but I just installed the latest Realtek HD driver on a fresh install of Win 8.1 Pro x64 and it's nowhere to be seen now.

EDIT: Guess I was mistaken about the headphone virtualisation option in Realtek control panel as I've switched back to the Realtek driver from Dolby in my old Windows install and there's no sign of it there either.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2015
  9. dumed

dumed Guest

GPU:
    GB 7870 OC
    So will this do dolby digital live out of the HDMI port of my nvidia card?
    I want 5.1 surround sound in games. At the moment I am using a Xonar DX for the sole purpose of using dolby digital live. Would be great if I could do away with that.

The HDMI port is connected to my TV but I know it can can pass through the DD signal to it's optical port so another bonus would be that I wouldn't even have to switch inputs when using the PC.

Edit: wow it worked with no problem! just chose Dolby Digital as the default format in sound properties, the speaker configuration would only allow me to choose 2 speakers so I thought it would not work but fired up Project Cars game and its in 5.1! too easy. thankyou!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  10. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    Added separate x86/ x64 driver installers to original post. Updated description/ download link.

11. McFly

McFly Guest

GPU:
    16Go
    Hello Everyone!

First thing, thanks for all this work trying to get this working for everyone! Really amased by the community effort here and there (techpowerup.com)

I am not a Guru myself and try to do my best so I would appreciate a little help.

So on my laptop (w8.1, intel i7, GTX 970m, 16Go, Realtek card) :

If I uninstall my Realtek drivers and follow the first Post with the updated files as stated above will all work?

Recently when I tried following a different forum's instructions I was stuck with:
    - DTH v4 working (the Good)
    - Lost functionality of Audio and Micro jacks (the Bad).

Many thanks for your help! :)

Cheers!

12. McFly

McFly Guest

GPU:
    16Go
    OK! I made it work!

Although, I only have Dolby on the speackers.

To get sound via the audio output I must desactivate the speackers, set the other speackers by defaut then I have the pc detecting the output but not working with Dolby.

Is that normal?
    Thanks!

13. kbal

kbal Member

Can't get it to install on Win 8.1 x32 meegopad t02 (I have disk option, but device fails to start):

Intel SST: ACIP\VEN_8086&DEV_0F28&SUBSYS_80867270

Realtek I2S: ACIP\VEN_10EC&DEV_5640

Any hope?

14. McFly

McFly Guest

GPU:
    16Go
    Make sure that you have a Realteck soundcard in your pc first.

Then uninstal the Realteck driver.

Reboot

Update the windows default audio driver

Reboot with desactivated driver signature

Installe the PCEE driver. Make sure you use the correct version for your pc x86 (32 bits) or x64 (64 bits).

Hope that helps ;)

15. wilwen12691

wilwen12691 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 G
    im getting error failed to test tone on windows 10
    output : SPDIF with dolby digital format
    please help me im frustating so returned to windows 8.1

16. dumed

dumed Guest

GPU:
    GB 7870 OC
    please fix windows 10 no audio when dolby digital selected :(

edit: apparently this is a windows 10 problem that even legit users of dolby digital live have, doesnt matter if using HDMI or optical it cant do DDL yet :(

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  17. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    I'm confused. This program came bundled with my Realtek drivers. Should I still remove them and install Dolby on it's own?

18. AMDFreeSync

AMDFreeSync Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB
    There no DTS Connect or Dolby Digital Live on Windows 10 as in 8/11/15 because Microsoft won't push out the update to fix it, so it's not the drivers. I try the same beta drivers on Windows 8.1 & it work then Windows 10 it won't.

19. dumed

dumed Guest

GPU:
    GB 7870 OC
  20. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    I have this bundled with asus .. does it mean its working in windows 10?
    [​IMG]