6570 GPU client?

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by BLEH!, Jan 21, 2013.

1. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Hey fellow folders.

Just started folding @ work using my spare machine which is mostly dormant otherwise. I know my CPU (Pentium D @ 3.1 GHz) isn't brilliant, but it's better than nothing, but I'm wandering if the GPU is capable of doing anything.

It's a 6570.

Ta

BLEH!

2. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    It is hard to tell, only way to be sure is to run a gpu client and see what kind of PPD you get. You might have to stop the cpu client to produce higher PPD for a AMD gpu though.

3. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    bdub5886 got it right try installing the V7 and not selecting the smp but only the gpu let us know what you get would be interesting

4. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Will give it a go when I'm back at work tomorrow.

5. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    just for reference, 5770 ate 44 - 52% of Core2Duo E8400. So your P4 might max out for GPU folding, but still should provide better results.

6. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    It seems to lack openCL or something. Not sure if this GPU supports it. I'll have a look around. Either that or I need to update GFX drivers.

7. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Tried updating drivers, turns out it still doesn't like GPU client with that card, maybe doesn't support the required stuff, given it is quite low end.

8. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I had same problem. Try to run GPU-Z and see if OpenCL is checked. If it not, install SDK tools which comes as a option of AMD drivers.