[PAY for SOLUTION]Games feels unsmooth, stutter and slow

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by venhyor, Jul 11, 2016.

1. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Hm, maybe. But should I believe whole problem get fixed by external sound card? Bet with u there are tons of others GO players with Realtek onboard who doesnt have this prob.

2. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    i havent read through all the posts, but have you tried a different mouse? maybe a wired one?

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Worth trying I think, it's the exact combination of hw you have which may cause this.
    Some hardware combos just refuse to work properly in some cases. Doesn't make much sense but seen it before.

Especially as you said you have sound issues associated with the latency issues.

Btw if you can start CS:GO without an audio device, you could try disabling the Realtek audio and see if it helps. Not sure if possible, most games I think refuse to start without a sound device.

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Just curious: what is the point of having 200+ FPS on LCD monitor with refresh rate of 144 Hz at best (I mean the best ones, not actual monitor of OP)? It would not show all 200+ frames video card spits out.

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Lower frametime basically

6. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    I have nothing to say about this, just lol. Wireless mice for gaming, KAPPA.

7. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    CS:Go works without sound. I disabled HD audio through bios and it doesnt helped for responsivness of game. But one thing is weird, when I shooting ingame (not tested with other sounds) I could see dat low sound from case, so maybe it still generate audio signal which just dont go to output on panel. Its not like normal sound (but just like buzzing which corresponds with game sound).

Dat hardware compatibility is pain in ass. But I already mention (few posts earlier) that mobo detect wrong version of my memory module. Any idea? Im not using memory of QVL memory list specified on mobo manufacturer site. There are just few memories, but when I looked Kingston comp. search it says that memory is compatible but who knows.

8. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Dude, try play game on 60hz monitor with 60fps and 300fps. There is huge change of smoothess.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yea if disabling HD audio doesn't help then not worth looking for a sound card I think.

I'm guessing that buzzing is just coil whine from GPU which happens when GPU load changes (when shooting). Common with high framerates.

I doubt memory would be the culprit, the mismatch you're seeing is probably one showing part number and other some stock code or similar.
    Not sure though, if you get the chance to try different memory modules give it a go, you never know.

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I don`t believe that any one can feel difference between 1 frame every 3 ms (300 FPS) and 1 frame every 6 ms (150 FPS). Ofc you can be the (un)lucky one which feels that difference. And ofc any one can feel a placebo effect.
    I don`t play competitive games so I am perfectly fine with 60 FPS.

Edit: Don`t get me wrong - I am sceptical about huge FPS numbers but sorry that you can`t get rid of a problem.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ the lower the frametime the smaller the input latency, regardless of refresh rate. AFAIK.

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I meant that there should be a treshold value after which human should be unable to tell the difference.
    Also I suspect that huge FPS, huge mouse polling rate (etc) could (1) create a burden even for modern CPUs, (2) impact latencies in HW, SW layers.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ yea could be. And I for one surely couldn't tell the difference between 150 and 200+ fps. But I suppose in competitive MP even that can make a difference.

14. Maybe we can find any interfering software if we can get a log of the software installed on the system. For example, you can use HjackThis to do a system scan and create a log file. After HjackThis creates the log file you can select all (ctrl-a) and copy + paste into code (# button) tags.
    For example:
    Code:
     Your System Log 
    HjackThis Link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

Edit:

Some games benefit from disabling core 0, click ok to exit affinity, then re-enabling core 0, and click ok to exit affinity. Also, some games "require" vsync to be enabled in order to feel smooth without hitching, for example, AC:Brotherhood needed vsync enabled (otherwise there would be frame stutter every 3 to 4 seconds).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2016
  15. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Code:
    Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.5
    Scan saved at 11:07:13, on 04.08.2016
    Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.02.1008)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v11.0 (11.00.10586.0494)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\steamwebhelper.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\bin\steamwebhelper.exe
    C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.windowsxlive.net
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=255141
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=255141
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = 
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = 
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = %11%\blank.htm
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
    R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName = 
    F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LiveTunerCore] C:\Program Files (x86)\LiveTuner\livecore.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dropbox] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Client\Dropbox.exe" /systemstartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPUsageTrackingLEDM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP UT LEDM\bin\hppusg.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP UT LEDM\"
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CCleaner Monitoring] "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /MONITOR
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [OneDriveSetup] C:\Windows\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /thfirstsetup (User '?')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [OneDriveSetup] C:\Windows\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /thfirstsetup (User '?')
    O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-21-2315156426-1022453103-3040638780-500\..\Run: [Nv GPU Pro]  (User '?')
    O9 - Extra button: HP Smart Print - {22CC3EBD-C286-43aa-B8E6-06B115F74162} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\SmartPrint\smartprintsetup.exe
    O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: SmartPrint - {22CC3EBD-C286-43aa-B8E6-06B115F74162} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\SmartPrint\smartprintsetup.exe
    O11 - Options group: [ACCELERATED_GRAPHICS] Accelerated graphics
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{73ca71a6-639e-4895-aa2c-061cd15bd514}: NameServer = 8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4
    O18 - Protocol: tbauth - {14654CA6-5711-491D-B89A-58E571679951} - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\tbauth.dll
    O18 - Protocol: windows.tbauth - {14654CA6-5711-491D-B89A-58E571679951} - C:\Windows\SysWOW64\tbauth.dll
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome Remote Desktop\52.0.2743.48\remoting_core.dll,-101 (chromoting) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome Remote Desktop\52.0.2743.48\remoting_host.exe
    O23 - Service: Dropbox Update Service (dbupdate) (dbupdate) - Dropbox, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Update\DropboxUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: Dropbox Update Service (dbupdatem) (dbupdatem) - Dropbox, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Dropbox\Update\DropboxUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\efssvc.dll,-100 (EFS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Služba Google Update (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: Služba Google Update (gupdatem) (gupdatem) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
    O23 - Service: HP LaserJet Service - HP - C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HPLaserJetService\HPLaserJetService.exe
    O23 - Service: HP SI Service (HPSIService) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\HPSIsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ieetwcollectorres.dll,-1000 (IEEtwCollectorService) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\IEEtwCollector.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Technology Access Software Asset Manager (Intel(R) TA SAM) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel Corporation\Intel(R) Technology Access\Intel(R) Software Asset Manager\bin\IntelSoftwareAssetManagerService.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Technology Access Legacy CS Loader (Intel(R) TechnologyAccessLegacyCSLoader) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel Corporation\Intel(R) Technology Access\LegacyCsLoaderService.exe
    O23 - Service: Intel(R) Technology Access Service (Intel(R) TechnologyAccessService) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel Corporation\Intel(R) Technology Access\IntelTechnologyAccessService.exe
    O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\SensorDataService.exe,-101 (SensorDataService) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\SensorDataService.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Služba za***345;azování tisku (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\sppsvc.exe,-101 (sppsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe
    O23 - Service: NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service (Stereo Service) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvscpapisvr.exe
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\TieringEngineService.exe,-702 (TieringEngineService) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\TieringEngineService.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vaultsvc.dll,-1003 (VaultSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpAsDesc.dll,-320 (WdNisSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Defender\NisSrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpAsDesc.dll,-310 (WinDefend) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
    O23 - Service: @%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)

--
    End of file - 8099 bytes

I dont know what u mean by this affinity method. I already tried to play game with only 3 cores by unticking core 0 on taskmgr affinity setting. (doesnt help).

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ did you try running with just a single core (start /affinity 1 ...)?

Also use the command line (or create a shortcut) always when you want to set affinity, on-the-fly changes don't usually work and they don't stick, the .exe will reset to default the next time you run it.

(Plus if you didn't yet, try and set threaded optimization to off in nv cpl. Have fixed numerous audio or similar desync issues this way with older games
    Yea CS:GO isn't that old but Source engine is... kinda).

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  17. Sort of...only after unticking core 0 and clicking ok in the affinity window, reopen the affinity window and retick core 0 back on (this sometimes helps with programs that have multithreaded processor core load balancing issues).

Also, looking through your HijackThis log, I can see two background applications that might interfere with your game. First, the livecore.exe, which is part of LiveTuner (a system "optimizer" tool) developed by Windowsx after searching seems to be installed on Acer computers and 49% of people who voted on "shouldiremoveit website" recommend removing it. Windows already does a decent at managing/caching memory.
    Second, the CCleaner monitoring tool (ccleaner.exe /monitor), might be scanning your drive to find junk files. I know it is a set it and forget it monitor tool, but consider turning off the monitoring and running a manual clean scan once a week.

You can try killing those two processes in the task manager, then testing if stutter was removed. Also, sometimes Windows Defender (or any AV) can interfere with a program (monitoring every read + write by the program) so you can put an exception for the .exe or folder (last resort).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
  18. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Anything helped there.. i think its more hardware problem than SW, cuz happens even after pure clean Win instal. Mean Google Chrome, steam, drivers and game. Maybe it could fix some magic bios setting, but I already disable CPU related power savings. There are so much settings I dont know what they mean.

19. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Threaded opt. OFF already

EDIT: Just run csgo from cmd line ussing affinity parametr. Frames droped from 300 to 60-90 fps :)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    OK, just checked ;)