[PAY for SOLUTION]Games feels unsmooth, stutter and slow

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by venhyor, Jul 11, 2016.

1. snight01

snight01 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 4090gamingOC
    interesting...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
  2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Has CS:GO local (not network) mode of play? If yes and if local and netowrk modes differ then problem can be network stack (game+OS or just game/OS).

3. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Nope, same for LAN. Even I disable lan controller, hd audio controller problem still remain. No change on Win7 or 10. It must be some bad hardware compatiblity. I test my PC with Prime95 and MemTest for atleast 8+ hours, all passed without error. I tried to play around memory timmings and I see some improvements but not general fix. I still change first 4 settings from 10-10-10-30(SPD) to 7-7-7-24 and so on, but there are soo much settings I let to Auto. I dont know but I mention one thing, from CPU-Z I read my memory part as KHX1600C10D3/8G, but there is HX316C10F/8 on original box of memory and I think its 2 different models. :/

4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    You did not specified the models of mouse and keyboard... May be they are bad implemented USB devices.

Or may be their dedicated software is bad implemented. Have you tried to use mouse/keyboar without dedicated software/drivers?

Regarding the polling rate: 1000 Hz means 1 sample every 1 ms - are you sure you can shift mouse for a significant distance in 1 ms span? I am sure that such high value of polling rate creates a noticable burden to CPU.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016

5. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    My specs:
    SteelSeries Kinzu
    Biohazard GK2000

No problem about these kind of specs, already tried another one and problem still remain, same for other people on topics that I mentioned before.

6. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Have you checked device drivers for USB controllers, mouse and keyboard through device manager? Go to the device properties dialog and click button "Driver Details" on the "Driver" tab. Check the list of drivers files for a suspicious ones. One time I have discovered Intel SATA driver in the list of drivers for USB mass storage device which was the culprit for the missing safe eject option for all USB flashdrives.

7. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Everything seems fine. I have one pretty old one , USB root hub (Microsoft, 2006).

But I have another found. Yesterday I switch to Administrator account and play on it. It was soo smooth as hell, same on Windows so its probably some windows fail, not game. Today when I logged to Administrator again, everything was bad again, unsmooth ****, game and Windows. Just after second login to acc, everything is broken. There must be some Windows task on background which fk up my system.

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I see in specifications for MSI B85 G43 that it has 2 front plus 2 rear USB3 ports and 2 front plus 6 rear USB2 ports. Which ones you use for mouse and keyboard?

9. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Just USB 2.0 front

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Why not USB3? Have you tried USB3 ones? Have you tried rear ones (in old days there was superstition about badly working front USB ports)?

Note that Win10 has USB3 drivers but Win7 has not.

11. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Sry for my bad eng, ofc Im using rear ones, front only for stick. Anyway about USB3.0, this problem was there years ago, while other players were fine even without USB3.0. So I think this is not way. Thanks for your affort, appreciate it!

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Are you running any antivirus or firewall software (except Windows' own)?

If, add the CS:GO executable to the exception/ignore list for AV and make sure it has traffic enabled in firewall rules/settings.

You could also use CCleaner to check for apps which run at startup (you can also use Task Manager in Win10 for this) and disable unnecessary ones.

Make sure you have installed the Intel USB 3.0 driver if using Windows 7 like pointed out above.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...l-8-9-100-Series-and-C220-C610-Chipset-Family

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  13. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Thanks dude! I dont have any antivirus(Defender off), win firewall off(doesnt fix). No bloatware to crap my PC, just necessary stuff and steam. Im on Windows 10, lastest USB3.0 driver (both mouse and kb using 3.0). Not fixed yet.

BIG UPDATE:Maybe I figure out why my Windows or game (CS:GO) isnt dat smooth as I wish to be. Found same thread on CS subreddit today. Another guy had bad fps even high rig. In brief, nVidia 900 series are somehow fked. On Source engines(maybe not only this one) VGA cant push high GPU load, means its around 30% with same higher slowly peaks. I tested it yet, CONFIRMED! Found already tons of topics about this problem, but cannot find fix. There is already some petition for nVidia. Problem mentioned year ago, seems like still not fixed. FK U NVIDIA fgts! And for other people here, dont buy this trash, better go for ATI!

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ couple more things for you to try :)

if you haven't yet, try setting Threaded Optimization to Off in nv cpl for CS:GO. Just for the heck of it...

and if that makes no difference, then try starting the game from elevated command prompt with this:
    start /affinity 1 csgo.exe

also in game settings disable Multicore Rendering if enabled (sorry if obvious).

15. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    This doesnt seems a good way. I cant rly have smoother gameplay only using one core for my game. CS:GO is CPU hog. Multicore rendering disabling is bad idea... Just lower fps, nothing more but ty.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Source engine games aren't very multicore aware afaik. CPU load will be handled by a single core basically.
    Also multicore rendering is known to cause stutters in some cases. Disabling it shouldn't decrease performance much.

17. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Yea, I heard dat.. Anyway experience low fps while disabled. On every guide, most pros using Multicore enabled. I tried my integrated Intel VGA. Fps goes to 30-60, but I was able to jump kinda better I think. Low gpu usage mby fixed by MSI Afterburner by activate KBoost (not sure cuz since dat I cant measure GPU load, but fps is better and reaching 300(MAX). Tbh I dont know what fps Im possible to reach with my build. But I experience huge drop outs and laggin when I start shooting with enemies (~150 fps) and sound cracking. Mby some DPC latency troubleshoot needed while playing game.

My specs: http://imgur.com/a/B2ZrJ

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yea looks like it. Like you suspected probably some hardware/software conflict with your setup.
    Which are nasty because they can be impossible to troubleshoot.

If you come across a cheap dedicated sound card try getting one and see if that would help.
    With luck switching just one piece of hardware may help, especially audio hw.

19. venhyor

venhyor Guest

GPU:
    8GB
    Yea I thought it too. Fk I was lucky again to pick bad HW to play CS :/. MSI B85 G43 with signature "LossLess HD audio", useless garbage..

20. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Integrated sound chips are better than they used to be (?) but I've always used and always will use a dedicated sound card anyway for quality, features, performance...

I temporarily had to use integrated sound for a while once and the sound quality was horrible compared to sound card audio.
    Granted this was years ago but the chip was supposed to be "high quality" like the sound card.