Watch Dogs E3 Lite v2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by txgt, Dec 13, 2015.

1. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Ask TheSilver in his RM thread: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=404493

2. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
  3. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
  4. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Your latest additions seems to be working flawlessy! :D

Anyway, I've seen a little problem with lighting but I don't know if it's fixable, it seems that in some specific places the game dynamically loads what it looks like a different lighting preset (like in parking lots and bar and other interiors etc), the problem is that it's often too much dark. Since it changes on the fly you can see that it visibly and unrealistically darkens even if the outside is already dark, so the interior becomes even darker, while if there must be a brightness change than it should be brightening the interior, instead of darkening it even more. Here are a couple of examples, IMHO in both places it's visibly too dark, instead of darkening the interior the game should have brightened it:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And here's a precise comparison of what looks like "exterior" and "interior" presets, as you can see if something should change then it should become brighter, instead in the second screenshot it's even darker, because I've backstepped a little and I'm now "inside" for the game (this leads to unplayable dark interiors like the coffe shop of the third screenshot above):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015

5. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    You see Ubi devs used simple/cheap lighting methods. WD uses the same lighting settings for the Parking Lots, The Loop/Mad Mile Underground Tunnels and Bars. And it's the same no matter the weather. It only changes during different time of day, but still using the same xml. It's so dark during Overcast/Rain because the "fCloudy" setting in windy_city.xml makes the game very dark. So it requres "positive" exposure value in order for us to see the bright enough picture of the game. So keeping this in mind: if I make it brighter for Rainy weather it will be bad news for Sunny weather. Everything will be totally white outside, like the nuke just went off. Because the Sunny weather requires "negative" exposure in order to look not too bright. That's just how it works.
    So the coffee shop you showed is using the same lighting xml as underground tunnels use.

Here's Vanilla screen of the same coffe shop during daytime rain, it's pretty dark too (in-game brightness at 50%):
    [​IMG]

I'm gonna release E3 Lite v2.1 with default interior xmls next year.
    Or you can just unpack/convert "environmentlighting.libs" from vanilla and my mod and replace all xmls named starting with "E3_2013.Clear_Lighting..." and ending with something "interior"-like name (Motel, Bar, CTOS Server etc.). Don't copy the duplicates ending with "CG", I didn't touched them cause it's unlikely they're used by the game.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  6. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Ah yes I see, very cheap from Ubi. Why not just making the corresponding interior tweaks for every weather instead of a global "modifier" like I understand it's now!? Instead we're left with something unfixable. The two screenshot of the coffe shop are almost identical! Meh... I'm more and more disappointed the more I learn things about the final build of WD. :(

Thank you very much for another wonderfully exhaustive explanation though, I really appreciate that. :)

PS: Why you're gonna release the v2.1 with default interiors? Did you made some tweaks to them?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  7. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Yes, I slightly darkened the interiors. So If you restore vanilla interiors you should get brighter coffee shop lighting.

8. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Ah ok I'll try thanks, however I agree that overall darkening the interiors a bit is an improvement, I'd just like that there was a better solution, shame on you Ubi. :(

9. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Yeah, that's why I restore the interior brightness only for daytime and leave the night time slightly darker.

10. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Like a boss! :cool:

11. drmeem

drmeem Guest

Is this just adding e3 graphics and improvements? I don't know which one to use now, this or the Worse?
    Also what's the headbob thing, I tried with and without and I don't see a difference...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2016
  12. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    IMHO this is the best WD mod, by far. No annoying overdone effects, performance friendly without unjustified fps drops, a truckload of improvements that surpasses the ones of every other mod, and it even comes with user friendly customization packs if you don't like something. :)
    Try it and you'll never go back to the vanilla game, especially because this mod is so well balanced and "subtle" in some ways that it just looks like Ubisoft released a better version of the original game. ;)

It's not exactly the usual "headbob" definition, this feature refers to the movement and "aiming" of Aiden's head while walking, unlike the E3 builds of WD in the release version Aiden's head angle is controlled by your vertical view angle and the head itself doesn't "bob" accordingly to the body movement anymore, while in this mod its behaviour has been restored and you will just see the expected smooth and believable walking animation.

13. drmeem

drmeem Guest

Ah ok, I try using that headbob mod now, thanks. :)
    Also ya I have tried many mods and I found this and this seem perfect so far except for that interior problem. So I use this in good use now.

Oh, I used your weapon unlock mod and edit it to unlock the mp-412 console exclusive weapon and that it, could they be a chance for that to appear in the next version? Ok time to have fun now.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015
  14. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    WOW! I'm speechless! Thanks man! :thumbup:

15. neoglow

neoglow Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 FTW SLI x2
    Excellent mod txgt. I have not played Watch Dogs in a while and came back to it very recently so I had stayed out the loop with the various mods. A while back there were so many mods floating about and unfortunately some friction between mod makers, I think there were so many people digging into the depths of WD's files discovering so many 'disabled' features and then making mods it seemed like some people were fighting for 'exclustivity' or being the first.

Upon returning I found your mod and Im so glad I did as its awesome. Watch Dogs modding can become a bit messy with all the various changes people make in an effort to recreate that famous E3 2012 look of the game.

You have made a mod that is very easy to install with very detailed instructions, I love the Variety pack you have made as it allows you to set options you want or dont want, eg the flashing hackable objects etc.

Do you have any plans for new features in your WD mod?

Great job, thanks for sharing your work :)

16. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I wanna try to make more intensive road & sidewalk reflections, like in E3 2012 demo. Similar to Essenthy's reflections from the Variety Pack but only with better visual quality and less memory usage thanks to Silver's tips.

Also I will release Very Frequent Rain Patch.

That's all for now.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  17. drmeem

drmeem Guest

Oh this may sound silly but the increased density, is that like the max density it can reached, or just increased enough?

18. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    More like increased enough I'd say. I did test the crazy maxed out values but the result was not that impressive as I hoped. It looks like the game engine has it's own limits. In comparison to my current density in E3 Lite v2 and Variety Pack the difference was barely noticeable. I just stopped at reasonable values to avoid glitches/bugs/crushes.

19. drmeem

drmeem Guest

Ah ok. Thanks.

20. drmeem

drmeem Guest

Ok i'm sorry, one last thing. I'm just so interested in this mod. Is there a way to make the weather duration fit with the default time duration since the longer weather duration fits with the longer time duration?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015