Watch Dogs E3 Lite v2

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by txgt, Dec 13, 2015.

1. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I'd love to but I have crappy internet. There's no point sharing bad quality/low res video for graphics mod presentation right? Plus I never captured gameplay on PC before (except on my PS4). I just don't have time to learn about this. Also it takes time to edit the captured video afterwards.

I'm planning to post comparison screenshots Vanilla vs My Lite mod and some weather showcase screens.

Also I will give you more detailed info about the Weather Cycle which will help you to find desired Weather Preset.

2. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I've extended the Rainy weather duration in v2. You can extend it even more by adding longer TimeScale mods from Variety Pack.

3. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Ah that's awesome! :D However adding longer TimeScale mods would make the rainy weather feel more rare instead of more frequent, so since the duration is already increased if you know how to increase also the rainy weather probability please tell me, I will edit the files myself without bothering you anymore. ;)

4. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    The frequency increase will be hard to explain. I'm afraid it may break something in story campaign. Or at least it may load Rainy Weather preset during some Campaign missions that was meant to be played during Sunny weather. But I could be wrong, I just never tested it.

5. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Ah ok good to know, well nevermind then, thanks for the reply. :)

6. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    The thing is the Weather in WD is not random. It occurs according the order written in windy_city.game.xml. This order resets only after you played a Campaign mission that forces to load particular weather preset or played Online.

I can make special windy_city.xml with more "frequent" rain. I will share it sometime this week.

7. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Ah ok thanks! :) Anyway, I understand the sequential weather thing, so you say that it could result in odd behaviour during Campaign missions because you would make rainy weather more frequent by duplicating a rainy weather entry in the windy_city.game.xml so when the game cycles through them it "plays" more rainy weathers, right?

8. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Oh I didn't expect that... Anyway, do you know how to change the sky for different env container?

9. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    No, I wish I could.

10. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Yes, but as I said I could be wrong. I suspect the Campaign missions may load only standard Weather/Environment containers directly, and not from the Weather Cycle written in "Automatic Weather" section. In that case it's safe to add more "Rainy days".

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015

11. mlleemiles

mlleemiles Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Yeah, that's how the game works. You can find some lines like "switch environment container" in a mission cseq file. And after the mission is finished, the game loads the previous env container back.

12. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
  13. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Is this new feature compatible with your Vehicle Lighting v2 pack? I'd like to have the Red & Blue police lights without the anamorphic flares, and from what I see the only way is to use your old pack, however I'm afraid to lose some features of your E3 Lite v2 mod in the process. :(

14. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    I'm planning to release Vehicle Lighting v3. But I can upload Simple Lensflares with Red and Blue Police for E3 Lite v2 in couple of days.

15. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Thanks man, now I know for sure. Will upload Frequent Rain patch in couple of days.

16. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    Standard Edition - Minimum (Light) DOF
    E3 2012 Bundle - Maximum (Bokeh) DOF

17. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Wow sounds like the next couple of days will be hot! :D

18. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
  19. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
  20. KuroTenshi

KuroTenshi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 4gb @ 1177/1402
    Thank's a lot ! It's really really nice !

I already reworked textures, but without relief mapping. How did you add Relief Mapping to them ?

Or if I can give you my improved textures, can you add Relief Mapping to them ?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015