mass effect andromeda crossfire not enabling

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by fullban, Mar 16, 2017.

1. fullban

fullban Guest

GPU:
    AORUS GeForce 1080ti
    I have tried to set it as afr friendly and bf3+4 profiles ..it just will not activate 2nd card at all even with the newest drivers which have the game ready profile already.

seriously thinkin about buying the 1080ti an fooking this crossfire/sli bullcrap off!

anyone else tried it yet?

thanks

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
  3. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    That's not really an answer though.

Have you tried the standard DDU procedure with 17.3.2?

Uninstall the driver using the Control Panel, download and install the latest version of DDU, let it run in Safe Mode, select Clean and Restart, install 17.3.2, restart and make sure that the game shows in the list of your games in Crimson.

4. Spin360

Spin360 Guest

GPU:
    Crossfire RX480s
    Registered just to say this:
    It's not working for me either. No matter what I change, Crossfire doesn't change the FPS. I think it's not even working.

I did install latest drivers with DDU before.

5. fullban

fullban Guest

GPU:
    AORUS GeForce 1080ti
    tried that doesn't register in crimson, I can add it but still does nothing ...I have wildlands to works fine but crossfire doesn't bode well (but works).

6. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    You added the correct .exe, right? I don't currently own the game, so I don't know. Is this a DX12 game? If yes, what does it do if you disable crossfire from the AMD panel?

EDIT: Run the game in DX11 (if it has DX12), and try to enable the Dragon Age: Inquisition profile for it.

7. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    there is no crossfire profile in the most recent drivers yet.

just an application profile.

BIG difference.

sli/crossfire not yet working.

Battlefield 1 took one month after release to properly support both SLI and CFX.

so considering its day one of release... maybe i would think about that.

also small hint. since its a gameworks title.
    you wanna make sure to adjust tessellation down to gain back a lot of performance:

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/commoncfm/comparison/clickSwitch.cfm?id=138193

that applies to both NV and AMD hardware. (same as with hairworks in witcher 3 for example.)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  8. fullban

fullban Guest

GPU:
    AORUS GeForce 1080ti
    it doesn't even give the 2nd card a lookin even if you select afr friendly which it should do regardless of profiles, there are 2 .exes aswell tried both.

iv also created a .cfg file in game folder as the same edits for bf1 work with this because its frostbite3 to enable dx11 ...still nothing.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  9. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    yes that's fully possible.
    there are several games that behave like that when the rendering path prohibits using a second GPU for the time being.

wait for a profile and respective game patch.

fact: you cant use crossfire in ME:A as of this moment, not even through manually setting a cfx mode.

10. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Mirror Edge Catalyst never had a crossfire profile and the engine is the same.

11. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    All other Frostbite games did though.

12. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    ME:C is a gameworks game which have SLI support. ME:A is also a gameworks game, so let's see.

13. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Consider yourself lucky if you have the pleasure of worrying about CrossFire. I have HALO 1 quality visuals pooping over the high quality base. It's extremely immersion breaking, confusing and leaves me frustrated if I expected to see some eye-candy instead of blotches on the screen (happened during my first trial hour when I expected to see that "3D crystal web in space" in full quality which looked awesome on the trailers but looking out on the windows during that shuttle flight reminded me to the opening of HALO 1).

I tried to pop in an RX480 8Gb next to my resident (watercooled and thus hard to remove) 290X 4Gb and it was basically the same (I didn't even think about crossfire, I used the 480 as my primary GPU during the test, just to see if 4Gb VRAM is the bottleneck and going to 8Gb would solve it).

My finger is resting on the trigger to get a GTX1070, even though I am well aware this is pretty much the worst timing for that (I should have either bough the GTX a lot sooner or now wait for Vega) but this is pretty much the only game I care about this year (at least so far, something unexpected might come around later).

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  14. SPARTAN118

SPARTAN118 Member

GPU:
    2x R9 290X TRIX 8GB
    Try The BF1 profile I did that doesn't work try TW3s

15. fullban

fullban Guest

GPU:
    AORUS GeForce 1080ti
    had enough of crossfire never ever again! sli 2 for that matter!

just sold my 2 r9 290s for £200 and purchased a palit gtx 1080 gamerock edition for £350 second hand.

what a graphics card it is aswell plays most of my games lovly at 1440p all maxed without AA

get 100+ fps with lowish settings and textures ultra happy man

16. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    The new patch (1.05) that just got released enables CrossFire.

I will play the game and see how well it runs. I will report back later.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  17. Sp3akR

Sp3akR New Member

GPU:
    Saphire Fury CFX
    Wel.... the game is not working for me anymore.

Black screen and that is it.

18. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Light quality seems to mess with CrossFire performance/scaling. If i set it to low i get much better scaling and it doesn't stutter.

EDIT: setting the framebuffer format to 64bits is an absolute must. If i set it to 32bits i don't get a nice and stable 58FPS (locked it to 58 to stay beneath the FreeSync range). With 64bits its stable and i get better performance with the same amount of scaling.

Just to illustrate the difference. With 32bits i get 32 FPS and with 64bits i get 58 FPS (maybe even higher, if i didn't lock my FPS).

EDIT 2: maximum scaling so far seems to be 87/87. It didn't get any higher than that. The game feels very smooth. As long as you keep light quality at low. However, i'm running around on the nexus and that area isn't that demanding.

EDIT 3: Temporal AA is messing with CrossFire as always. You might want to turn that off, because you will lose alot of performance if you enable it.

EDIT 4: I don't know why a got stuck at 87/87 before, but both cards are definitely running at 100% now.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  19. blppt

blppt Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64 Watercooled
    "Temporal AA is messing with CrossFire as always"

I still dont understand why AMD cant fix that issue---it crops up on FO4 too, and my 1080s in SLI seem to be immune to it. The Titan Blacks (780ti with 6gb of ram) I used to have didnt have an issue with TAA and SLI in FO4 either. I understand that in order for TAA to work it needs to contact the other card's rendering info to compare past frame(s), but I dont see why Nvidia can handle it and AMD cant. Maybe the bridges actually DO serve a purpose after all?

20. go4brendon

go4brendon Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Seahawk X
    Having same problem with 295x2. Not even worth running crossfire runs just fine with 1 gpu. So ready to bin this card for 1080ti