Sikkmod v1.2 Released

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by EL1TE, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Nines

Nines Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    What do you think about High Res Pipes for Wulfen pack? It seems like a nice addition to me. Lots of new textures.

Although, when I'm trying to unpack High-Res_Pipes_inoffical_wulfen_2.0_update.pk4 downloaded from moddb I get some CRC errors and it seems like doom3world is down. I can't find any other places to download it. :cry:

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Im pretty sure i solved those errors by using 7zip, that or the archive is a little bung but the mod still works fine without those three files.

All other sources of the Hirez pipes for download all show the same error regardless of where ive downloaded it.

Edit: Just tried it with 7zip and still get the CRC errors for three files. Dont worry about to much, still a great addition to your mod collection.

Are you having any other issues?

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

Oh I found it, actually its in this thread page#9
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4439497&postcount=221

4. Nines

Nines Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    Thank you. That's even better. You can disable/enable shadows for a specific model, without touching some other models and map objects.

I tried to repair it with Winrar, but no luck. Funny thing is, these "broken" files are actually fully accessible through image viewers.

Just a few questions, if you don't mind.

Is there anywhere I can find a guide for Sikkmod options? Some of them just doesn't ring a bell to me, like DoF options or Sunshafts coordinates.

Does someone tried this mod with Sikkmod and Wulfen? doom3.gamebanana.com/gamefiles/3114

Is it possible that after 10 years, someone finally made the shotgun from Doom 3 alpha for the final version?

5. Nines

Nines Guest

GPU:
    GPU
    It appears that there are still lots of missing shadows. I've already started to play and then noticed that gunshots or imp fireballs doesn't cast any shadows. It looks like Sikk also edited at least sikkmod\materials\lights.mtr to disable it.

6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hmm, i wonder if it be possible to then save it the same format as the source then re add it to the archive/folder.

I'll give this a go tonight.

1. Never look for one myself, but i just tend to change things at large values (- or + values) that way its easier to see what it changes.
    Edit: Sikkmod tutorial courtesy of lukeman3000
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2128115

2. That looks damn interesting, nice find. will have a play of that tonight too, if you havent tried it yourself already, i'll report back if it works or not.

3. Not sure.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Okay, got my first SikkMod experience yesterday.

I downloaded the NiukNiuk pack (kudos to him!) and the modded .pk4 -Tj- had uploaded to Googledrive and placed them appropriately, at least to my knowledge ;)

I'm using NiukNiuk's settings files atm as I didn't have time to tinker with settings yet, apart from resolution and VRAM in autoexec.cfg plus in game settings.

While impressive, it seems I'm missing high resolution skins/textures for characters and monsters along with better weapon models.

Am I missing something or which addons would you recommend for those?

@-Tj- I checked the contents of your uploaded, modded .pk4 skins directory and it seems there are the default ones if I'm not mistaken (if that even matters).
    Which are you using yourself? Would you mind uploading them too (characters / monsters / weapons)?
    In your opinion, would you recommend using your .cfg files over the NiukNiuk "default" ones as a place to start?

Thanks in advance, to everyone.

EDIT: sh*t, it seems I'm out of luck if BetA's settings consume 2 Gb of VRAM @ 1600x900. Oh dear...

I'd never have thought I have to upgrade my graphics card because of Doom 3 :wanker:

AGAIN! In 2014! :)

I should've known I was an idiot for getting the cheaper 1 Gb model back in the day... hey, anyone want to buy a couple of GTX560Ti's... :nerd:

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah the chrac and monster skins were a pain to sort out. I had to do a fresh install of doom just to get the new skins to work.

For some reason they wouldnt show on the current install. Fresh installs are magic.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ^ so they should be included in NiukNiuk's / -Tj-'s files?

Even if they are, where does one get them from?

I'm sure that's mentioned in this thread but digging through the info for a SikkMod noob like myself is a bit overwhelming...

I want my game to look like those screenies from BetA, absolutely superb!

EDIT / ADD: never mind, got it sorted! I deleted the sikkmod folder + all other extras, restarted Doom 3 clean, then re-copied everything in place and voila, works!

I'm running at a stableish 60 fps in 1080p using NiukNiuk's settings and:

- driver FXAA + 2x MSAA ingame
    - HDR, DoF, Bloom, etc. all enabled except soft shadows
    - DoF mode changed to Bokeh (I think this gives a "Metro" style look, very cool!)
    - glprogs folder empty (large performance hit if one is selected)

very, very cool indeed. DoF, HDR and Bloom along with hires skins/textures make this game look completely different!

I've been playing for a while and haven't experienced the frustration I initially did with this game.

This and CinematicMod for Half-Life 2 are absolutely brillliant! Make two of the best FPS games of 2003/4 really come to life.

Yes, this mod changed my opinion about Doom 3. Now I can "stomach" it ;)

It's still an overly dark (less with the mod however), narrow jump scare corridor shooter but a solid FPS nonetheless.
    Or maybe time has done it's job and I'm no longer so biased playing this.
    Ie I'm not thinking that as this is Doom it must be the best game in existence.

EDIT 2: VRAM usage seems to hover around 1.5 Gb mark. At least in the early levels, haven't monitored later on.
    Not quite the 2 Gb but over 1 Gb anyway...

EDIT 3: CPU usage is very impressive, all four cores evenly used acc to AB monitoring (meaning total usage is around 40-50 % mark). GPU usage is 60-70 %.
    This must be due to SikkMod I suppose, can't imagine the original game could've been multithreaded this effectively.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Hello again,

any AMD users running the Sikkmod here?

I'm getting all sorts of weird issues with Sikkmod with my new R9 290 using 14.6 beta driver.
    Trying to enable any advanced setting (DoF, Bloom etc.) corrupts the image and even at default there are missing effects etc.

Should I roll back 14.4 WHQL or something?

Thanks for any ideas.

EDIT: nvm, sorted, disabling Catalyst AI was the trick...

Last edited: May 30, 2014

11. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    Any HD Texture Packs for Quake 4?

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
  13. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
  14. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I have a few questions before I get started on Doom 3 again.

Which is the best, most complete texture pack to use?

How do I use 1440p?

How do I play at more than 60fps?

When I have finished Doom3 can I play the expansion with Silkmod and the above things too?

Thanks in advance guys. Can't wait to play this again.

15. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Anyone? Please?

16. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    You can enter your resolution in your Doom3Config.cfg file. and you cant play above 60. the engine is capped at 60. you used to be able to uncap it, but it was patched

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Go through the pages 12 - 14 and check out the OP on the first page. Most of the info you need is contained on those pages.

18. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Thanks guys. Will have a look see now ;)

19. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Where can I download monoxead? I can't seem to find it. I found what looks to be the official site but the link was dead.

EDIT: I found it on mediafire via a YouTube video but the file is from 2012 so I hope that is updated enough. Anyway...

Also where do I put the monoxead .pk4 (once I have it) and the wulfen_texture_pack_2.0.pk4? In the skkmod directory or the base directory?

Once they are in the directory they need to be in will they just work straight off without doing anything else?

Thanks guys.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  20. Dictator93

Dictator93 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X
    Does anyone on this forum per chance still have access to the zzz_parallaxfix.pk4 file?

The original file has been lost from the internet (rapidshare link no longer works) and with out it, parallax mapping in sikkmod is completely broken (distorts non-parallax textures).

Anyone? Would be extremely grateful!