How nice of you ATI, new cards, but no new drivers! Im off to nvidia

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by RazerBlue, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    You realise Omega drivers don't actually change any driver code what so ever? They're just novelty drivers with a few performance tweaks which degrade IQ ( although it's quite subtle ).

2. DeluxeTNT

DeluxeTNT New Member

Of course!
    But then, do you realise that it doesn't install the same files as the official ati drivers? When installing omega 7.10 after an official 7.7 drivers, I got a message saying that I'm installing a file older that what I have on my pc.

From what I heard/understand from the amd forums, 7.10 can work on AGP cards but the install procedure of the official 7.10 only works with PCI cards .
    Check on official ati/amd forums how many people with AGP cards are stucked with 7.7 drivers (hundreds?) especially nforce2 motherboards users. Some of them found tricks to install 7.10 without using the standard install procedure to have D3D working on AGP. I didn't want to go this way, being afraid of completely messing my computer stability.

Then looking for a soluce (Catalyst 7.9 or 7.10 are required by Gears of War) I saw that on the omega drivers site:
    That's why I tried them.
    I don't know what the omega guys exactly did on their driver, but with them Dxdiag don't give me errors on D3D tests. And that's all I wanted, and that's all the OP wanted so I gave him that advice.

I'm not a graphic card expert and I don't have a great knowlegde on this matter (using Nvidia cards on my main pc). But I'm not the kind of guy that say "oh it doesn't work, ATI U SUCK!". I had exactly same problems as OP, anything higher than 7.7 (or 7.8 in my case) didn't work with D3D. I found something to make it work, I'm sharing my experience. Wether I realise or not the way a driver is made is not the subject.

Again sorry for my english, don't bother answering me, this was my second and last message on these forums...
    Good luck OP with your X800 AGP card :)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007
  3. Lahomer

Lahomer Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280 SLI 680/1463/1215
    bloody kids :)

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I played crysis demo and timeshift and I dont have any problems with my ati card. just because you do. do not mean every one does.

5. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    exactly, too many people these days build pc's and combine parts when they have a quarter of the clue they think they do, and when the end result is foobared its everyone elses fault, but thier own. it could be nvidia, ati or creative or whatever in this threads place, its just that this guy happens to have something ancient from ati.

more than half of all pc issues somewhere down the line its the user's fault more times than nvidia,ati or creative combined. like the fact your even on an agp machine,... your fault, not ati's or nvidias,... yours. because i promise you anyone can find something to bitch about from any piece of hardware from any company.

you just unaware of agp's status er what? its not like the death of agp is just "all of a sudden". take a hint ffs. wanna hold onto your dingy agp board forever and then bitch and moan when you feel left behind,.....duh, you are, and have been for years. suck it up and be wiser on your next pc purchases. ati didnt make you buy an agp version.especially since that card was released you could buy a cheap pci-e motherboard and the pci-e version for very little over the cost of the agp model or make it easier to everyone having to read your posts, and just buy a dell or an HP and then youll have someone else to bitch at that wont completely laugh in your face for acting like a noob-nutz.

6. C_A_T

C_A_T Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7850 OC
    LOL :smoke:

7. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Hotfix for Crysis is out now.. just check.. and please buy an Nvidia card...

8. enessel

enessel Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 280
    Well I like when people come to the ati or nvidia forum and make a thread like: "I am never buying a pos ati/nvidia card again!!!!!" Dude ati/nvidia employees don't run this forum. No one really cares what you do.

9. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    not only that... goes with everything else :p...

I hate INTEL! im going to AMD!!... omg core2s!! im going to INTEL I hate AMD!!

10. squirrel007

squirrel007 Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4080

Crysis is a little slow, but playable on my system. I am sure I would be getting acceptable frame rates if I had a more current CPU.

11. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    Just have a look at this and see how much CPU matters in this game or in every game :)
    http://www.gamespot.com/features/6182806/p-6.html

12. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC

yeah if you game the graphics card rules all. most modern games really dont give a cr@p what cpu you have as long as its within a certain range.unless you like playing games in low res low quality and make your graphics card do nothing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  13. StimpyOz

StimpyOz Member Guru

GPU:
    Radion 6870
    Well so far my card works fine with 98% of the demo's and games I play . Crysis textures on default are all whacky but if set to maximum it plays fine . Time shift plays fine , BF2 plays sweet and Titan Quest plays fine too however the lighting is a little dark . I am keeping my HIS ATI 2600XT 512 as I sold it to replace a Nvidia 7950 GT 512 . In benchmarks its only a little slower in FPS ( whoopy ) but in saying that it works with every windows I have tried . E.g. Xp Pro , Xp Pro64 , Vista 32 , Vista 64 . Now If I had a complaint , it would be ATI are a little slow this month with the 7.11 Drivers . That is probably because they are working there arse's off to get some drivers out the keeps most happy . I figure buy the time the 8.3's are out most everything everyone is complaining about now will be water under the bridge . :)

P.S. Nvidia have there fair share of issues too . You only need to look through the Nvidia section to see its not all smooth sailing for them either .

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  14. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    that's exactly my point

15. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    No problems at all.
    I only upgrade drivers to hopefully receive some performance increase.