Battlefield 4 - Second Assault Interview

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Battlefield 4 executive producer Patrick Bach discusses Second Assault, new vehicles, weapons and fan-favourite maps including Gulf of Oman, Operation Firestorm, Caspian Border and Operation Metro. Le...

Battlefield 4 - Second Assault Interview

2. ReloadAO

ReloadAO Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    I'm not really eager about new stuff in game as the game alone is crashing like hell, all the time. 4 friends are playing like this but I really cannot and I'll probably return it.

It is fun game, not completed... even tough betta was there all the time....

Don't buy it, wait till it is fixed (you are risking your nerves) or buy CoD.

3. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    for me the game works perfectly ._. (except when server crashes but...) @ textures med, geometry high,SSAO no AA and everything else ultra. No crashes nor anything.

One thing i noticed is that even though my gpu was theoretically stable and never gave me a problem with another games, with BF4 i had to get the clocks a little down (10-20mhz) so I did not have crashes

I must be the only, sometimes you find some non-game breaking bugs, but apart from that...

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    !!

This DLC looks good, Sort the dam netcode out DICE!!!

5. steveyc27

steveyc27 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    I had crashes, Directx errors, and stuttering at first with BF4. Disabling core parking got rid of the stuttering. I downclocked my gpu by 20 on the core and so far no more directx crashes. I also read on other forms that by setting Origin and BF4 to "run as administrator" would help on crashes, not sure if this fixed anything but so far no more crashes.

6. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    does this add new SP) content or just MP?

7. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    No, it doesn't.

8. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    It is a proven fact that in "real "world gaming the games determine the stability of your system and not some 3rd party stress test like IBT or Prime95Your above post just backs this up really. When you really think about it each game stresses your hardware differently. The Frostbite 3 game engine will stress your GPU different then the Frostbite 2 engine. Stress tests are never fully able to simulate this fact. All it proves is under the IBT or Prime conditions burn your CPU out for 6 or so hours would be stable for "that" environment. Then you turn around 15 minutes later and fire up BF4 only to crash in the first 5 minutes...

This is the main reason why I only ever modestly overclock my hardware. Maybe this explains why I am one of the ones on this forum that very rarely have game problems? I honestly can not remember the last time I had a game problem related to my OC....

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Seriously...

Prime is for testing the CPU not the GPU, if his GPU OC was unstable no way in hell prime would show it. Prime and other tools are still way better to test CPU's as games will never stress a CPU that far.

Coincidentally, if a CPU oc is mildly unstable in a game (crash to desktop and what not), the odds are it will be alot more unstable (bsod, ...) in Prime and other testing tools.

Considering his Graphics Processing Unit was unstable it makes sense to test with something graphical, which only leaves us benchmarks and games.

Test the right parts with the right tools.

The only reason why 3rd party tools might not be usefull at GPU stress testing these days, is because they simply don't stress the GPU ENOUGH compared to newer games such as BF, Metro, ...

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Corrupt your wasting your time and energy, there is no point.