Grand Theft Auto V Screenshots

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 28, 2013.

1. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    ^agreed. But still looks funny, how they helplessly loosen all their muscle-tone just after a carhit.
    Overall the car driving, physics was the best in gta4 though.

2. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Graphics are starting to look dated.

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Is that a joke? GTA games have never been about the graphics.

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This could be good on the PC if they did a proper conversion with a little time and effort while porting over.

5. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    This. Just load a realistic driving mod and GTA 4 transforms into an awesome racing game in which you can get out of the car and do a lot of stuff :D

6. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Can we stop with "it's not about the graphics" nonsense already. One has nothing to do with the other.

Brilliant graphics help a game, period. Graphics that look dated, lack polish, etc. take away from a game, period. You can make a good game with good graphics, the two aren't mutually exclusive.

7. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    What he meant was, graphics are the last thing rockstar are going to bother with. like all the previous gta games..

It's their formula and way of doing things.

8. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Which is still a negative point and should be addressed as such.

9. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    What a skyline

Game looks amazing

cant wait

10. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I thought GTA IV looked really good for its scope.

11. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    What's the point of addressing it? You can criticize Rockstar all the want, but premium graphics are just unreasonable with the scope of the game. It was unreasonable back then, and it still is now. Maybe if it was a PC exclusive game I could see where you're coming from.

12. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    And even then, I wouldn't expect such a thing from rockstar. you can talk about how a game like just cause 2 may have better graphics and stuff. but that game is basically a barren wasteland. there's barely anything going on, with like 1 or 2 big cities with ****ty AI and stuff.

The amount of crap going on in GTA IV is unreal, you can actually take a moment and people watch in GTA IV and see interactions. not to mention the
    variety in pedestrians, and the fact that they actually carry items on them that can fall off and such.

13. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I'm glad to see someone else notices the amount of detail Rockstar puts into their environments. It's unreal, and imo, it's criminally underrated.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Due to the scale of the game, GTA is never going to the be the prettiest game ever, it's just not possible to do both thinga at the same time.
    It's a similar situation with Arma3, it might be PC only but it piss poor looking, but the scale of it let's you forgive it.

GTAV PC i really don't know, if Rockstar have any sense they will dumb down the PC version and make it nothing more than a 1:1 port, with GTAIV they gave people too much freedom to do what they want and it just gave the game a reputation as a bad port, so this time round i don't think they should spend much time on it.

As a PC gamer i want them to do the opposite, but logic says otherwise.

15. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Gameplay wise i always found the GTA series is filled with short lived novelties that gets old as quick as any other game no matter how much detail they throw in a city enviro.

The detail i want to see is maybe some more interactions with NPC's similar to Skyrim complete with NPC's having jobs, houses and daily activities..etc. Obviously the scale difference would present a problem due to hardware, but so far i haven't seen anything in GTA5 that makes me really give a damn anymore.
    How many times can it be fun to pick up a hooker, run people over...etc. The core gameplay is still pretty linear, the rest feels like a mixture of time wasters and mini games.

16. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790

Also it was their first game on their new engine. I'm sure they've learned to optimize it since then. also don't forget guys, that back when GTA IV was released, a lot of people still rocked duo core processors. and GTA IV's engine
    only likes quad cores, also quad cores back then didn't clock that high.

So a lot of people cried bad optimization because they wanted the game to play well on their duo cores :p

If you go back now with a high clocked sandy/ivy bridge, the game is much more than playable. hell even a nehalem would still be good.

For me it's the opposite, I can just spend hours roaming the streets in GTA games. whereas Skyrim, I'd die of boredom just walking around.

17. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    same.

18. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It speaks volumes of their tech development team that while every other company is sporting a new engine for the next batch of consoles, Rockstar is using the same engine GTA IV ran on for GTA 5.

IMO, GTA IV was kinda ahead of its time, tech wise at least, with all the physics going on (cars, ragdolls, clutter in the streets), procedural animations, shadowing on every single object, actual waves on the water instead of a plain moving texture, etc.

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    That part in GTA4 where you rob the bank, wow those visuals were incredible for it's time.