G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I don't recall ever seeing a screen that offered me the option to break down an item to gain its enchantments. Could you post a screenshot please so I'll know where to look, thanks? I've got the feeling that the game would be a bit easier if I had a few enchanted weapons and armour.

Also, does anyone know what attributes allow for the user to carry more weight. I'm currently at 335 but I need more (I don't want to use a cheat either). I remember Oblivion had a spell that allowed the user to lighten the load they were carrying but despite having 25 spells now not one of them allows me to carry more. I haven't found any rings or amulets that have this ability either.

Finally, why is that when I have a lot of expensive loot to sell in order to lighten my already overburdened load that I find the traders run out of money? :(

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Anyone else noticed ranged mobs shouting "stand still" in the middle of combat after you dodge a few of their arrows? Made me giggle, thinking "NOPE". die you horrible man!

3. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    You can also bring up console via ~ and click her body and type RESURRECT.
    I had to do that a couple of times because my companion fell through the ground somehow and died. Always love the VOID in TES games. :banana:

4. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    What's the quickest way to earn money in this game?

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Ive been playing for about 13 hours now, started a new character the other day and ended up overwriting my previous save file so my other character is now gone :(

They should of made a character selection screen for people who wanted to have multiple characters, which is a shame.

Other than that this game rocks!!! Been trying my hand at completing some of the dungeons. There is one I found, can not remember the name to save my life, and inside I found this MASSIVE spider boss who was guarding this chest. He killed me a few times but nothing my quick save couldn't sort out :p I killed him and inside the chest was a a two handed enchanted warhammer with stats of 56/28/3676!!! I am only level 8!!! Hahahaha this weapon owns. One hit kill on almost anything I have faced up to yet! Also found a staff in there two which has crap stats but is worth over 6K gold!!! As it is enchanted so that 60% of ALL magicka spells are deflected back to the enemy. I sold it and brought some kick ass armour! :p

FREAKING LOVING THIS GAME!!!

If there was any game I could give a 10/10 to it would be this game! Just wish they would sort some of the crappy performance issues. For the most part it runs perfect but some area have hiccups.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    right, just had a look. You have to go to an arcane enchanter table, then you can disenchant items. You'll find them all over the place.

Edit: and stamina is what you want if you want to carry more stuff :)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Lydia is most useful in carrying extra junk you may have. Still find it funny she cant get a horse and has to run after me when I'm on mine. Also amusing when you bump into her she yelps "owww".

Still havent gotten very far, level 7. Got my voice training from the Greybeards. Most difficult adversaries so far were the snow troll, whom I had follow me down the slope while blasting him with magica fire. Had to use all the magica apparel, potions to do it. Other tough bastard was a bandit in a fort who just would go down no matter how much I threw at him.

8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Re enchanting your stuff, I recall seeing that option at a workbench somewhere.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    a very good question. wish u can open a shop and it brings u money :( like in assasions creed 2

looting is best way. i always loot corpses..cemetery style catacombs or how uı call it, they have graves and some dead people have a few coins on them. not much but still great addition.

and as i now have a companion with me. i loot any of enemy armor and weapon so s/he can carry my loot. i bring the loot to town and sell them...still not much but not bad.

10. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Strange. I've been at many Arcane Enchanting tables but I've never seen any option to disenchant items but there is obviously an option to enchant them. I can add Items and I can add Soul Gems but the Enchanted section remains empty (obviously because I have no Enchantments yet). There is no Disenchant option that I've seen and I own weapons and armours with magical enhancements too.

Must be missing something I guess.

I thought it was, thanks. I have armour, jewellery and weapons that increase Stamina but only they don't seem to affect my carrying weights as when I unequip the stat stays the same. :3eyes:

11. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I have my first official gripe towards Skyrim and it's squarely aimed at the AI, more specifically the AI of boss types. Some of the recent boss encounters I've had have been spoiled by the AI of the bosses themselves, the last one I did he just kept stepping out from behind a single pillar and standing motionless for the entire battle. It was probably the most boring fight I've ever had but in a sense I was grateful as I perhaps wouldn't have killed him otherwise.

AI never seemed that bad to me the first few hours but now the more I play the game seems insistent on making it more and more noticeable and it always tends to be more powerful foes who are the main culprits. Ironically though Dragons always come across as devious and dangerous when I take them on.

Oblivion had some seriously suspect AI at times no question so it's somewhat disappointing to suffer instances that are just as bad if not worse in Skyrim.

The thing is it's almost a blessing at times when you can loot easily or beat bosses easily but it does pretty much ruin the sense of achievement and worthy progression. I don't want it to happen obviously as it kills the immersion and gameplay but there's no denying taking full advantage of the situation doesn't have its own rewards.

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    This happened to me to :( I completed the main story with it in 14 hours.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yeah, I had one boss fight where the boss got stuck and didn't attack at all. The other one was even worse, he power attacked me, he got slowed down because I was using a shield to block (love that perk btw) and he just got stuck in slow motion for the rest of the fight.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i saw wolfs attack me. 2 of them headed my back to attack rom behind..surrounded me well but didnt give me a real challenge.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Lol, wolfs are easy, I could easily kill 20 at once.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    indeed..LOL WOLFS :D..or WOLVES? my english -_-

anyway. i regret to attack giants..i found myself at 100m high with 1 hit of him. but u guys already talked about it.

im still around White run. need better weapons but not sure where to find . maybe in toehr towns.

and i still need answer..iam on ADAPTH difficulty. is it dynamic?

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Wolves actually, my bad

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i didnt say LOL to grammer mistake...just wolves r easy.i LOLed to it..dont get me wrong. i never focus on peoples mistakes and thats not a mistake actualy. i was not sure if it is wolves or wolfs..forgive me.

and what about ADOPT difficulty..is it dynamic..i feel like game is getting harder and harder ..iam lvl 11 and keep dieing :(

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    too bad we cant play together Mr.Bigtime. would be epic.

20. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Yep, when you play on expert+, you really have to start being careful and use all skills/shouts/reflex you got. Pretty awesome experience and EVERY combat feels intense. Looooooooove it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.