Apple announces the iPhone 5S and 5C

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by morbias, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Yes on all Androids. Your argument is that not all people would be willing to put in the 3 seconds required to get it done?

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I see I just googled it after 2.2 you can install on SD last time I really messed around with android was 2.0 (all I've done since then is just make a call and surf the net on my friends s3's and s4's).

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    He's wrong anyway as it's not all Androids.

I only had a quick mess with the wife's Galaxy S3 and there is no option to move to move apps to the SD card, not even a greyed out option.

Course you might be able to use a third party app if you root, but that is not the same thing.

4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    You don't need to root to use 3rd party apps. If the version of Android doesn't support it you can take a few seconds to install an app to do so. I'm be surprised if an S3 didn't have such an option by default.

5. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    imoa....any larger size...>=tablet...How much can you put in your pocket:)

6. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    The 5c should have been aimed at the Nexus 4 price point, it's a complete failure tbh as a low cost phone because it's not low cost and everyone will just buy the 5s.

The 5s is just more the same *yawn* Apple just die already.

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Yes 'cause Google wouldn't go into full monopoly mode if that happened:rolleyes:

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    You need root access for every third party "move to sd" app i tried.

She is in bed so can't test till tomorrow, but apparently moving apps to the SD card was limited by Google as of 4.0 ICS.

4inch screen is just too small and fiddly for me, the 4.7inch screen on my HTC One X is perfect for me and not anywhere near tablet sized.

It's one of the main things stopping me considering an iPhone, the fact i would have to re-buy apps is also a big reason but i just don't want to have to go down to a smaller screen.
    A shame as the actual screen quality on iPhones is fantastic, and while it's limited in many ways, IOS is still the phone OS that provides the best experience.

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Buy apps? :p Practically everything of note goes for free for anything between 24 hours to a whole week. I've only bought three apps, all of them ironically being EA games for only $2.97. Getting iWork, iPhoto, and iMovie with new purchases is also pretty cool and since they'll register on my Apple ID, I should be able to get them on my other iDevices as well.

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Alot of smaller apps, exercise, remote control etc...that have free versions but i like to support the developer if i like their work.
    There are also a fair few rooting ones, but i would clearly not need them if i switched to an IOS device.

11. NeoElNino

NeoElNino Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 8GB Soon
    the iPhone 5C and 5S look soooooooooooo good with iOS 7

[​IMG]

Jokes aside, cmon people thats the ugliest phone ever seen, looks like a TOY for 5-15 years old children. The physical design has also been the same BORING one for 7 years now.

If Apple does not shift to a new design in few months from now their stock will collapse like it happened to BlackBerry and NOKIA. iOS 7 looks horrible.. watchout for the stocks APPL its gonna head down.

12. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The amount of Apple hate on these forums is hilarious to me. Also, lol at SD cards still coming up in arguments. If Google had it their way, not one single Android device would have a slot. They're already disappearing en masse given the huge return that offering storage tiers provides. The whole industry is moving backwards in regards to storage and its annoying.

But really, you haters are never satisfied. "iOS is boring" Apple tries something new with 7 "it looks too much like a toy". One of numerous examples. I think the Lumia line is fugly too but what's the point in whining about it publicly? The free market exists for a reason.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    iOS does look a bit childish imho....but to each their own.

It's been no different in the Windows threads... People complained that Windows is boring....so MS tried something new and people are whining about it. So, why should this thread be any different?

14. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    Now NSA gets ur fingerprints also....
    people are idiots =)

15. Terradorvite

Terradorvite Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 7900XT
    Id say if you like the phone, then whats to argue? iOS is considered a simple operating system and Android is seen as a more complicated one. Consider what you want in a phone, then disregard what everyone else says.

16. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    That defies all fanboy logic you will find on this subject in this forum. Welcome to Guru3D.

17. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    LOL, great comment !!! still laughing :wanker: and when it comes to these phones. Have been working in a huge repair centre for over 6 years. Apple-only one good thing about it - build quality. Other than that they are just overpriced Apple controlled devices. Stuff for fanboys. Nokia/M$ - terrible in every way, HTC - are a sinking ship that don't even have money for spare parts. Samsung - cheap look, but great hardware (electronically) And when it comes to faults. they are the best. very low numbers of faulty handsets. And the last manufacturer Sony - nice design, good electronics mediocre build quality with one huge flaw. The lads have no idea how to do proper software.

The only thing that matters when buying a phone is what you need it for and what you like design wise. Am not an Apple hater but I will always laugh about people who spend days in the line for a device they haven't even touched yet. And they can stick their 1 year warranty up their a$$

18. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    And they will do what with them exactly? Oh right, the data for the scanner is stored locally on the device only.

19. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Can it read micro sd cards or is it still a poor looking, overpriced, one-outfit piece of ****?

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The SD card thing is a weak excuse, and like Flash it won't last forever.

It does amuse me to wonder what will be the new excuse to hate when no phones have a slot for SD cards.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013