EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked review [Guru3D]

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Sep 23, 2008.

1. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    nope thats not gona work

While That is likely to be correct, I have a feeling there is a slight chance it may work...

But would require making the new 260 look like the old one

2. Beech

Beech New Member

GPU:
    GeForce 2 MX
    OK, thanks, i MIGHT try anyway... have the suspicion that it will work

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    It will work with thos extra shader cores disabled i assume and at lower clock...

4. J STEEL

J STEEL Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 FTW+ SLI 4GB
    I just received my GTX260(216SP) 2 days ago and I am VERY happy with it. I got the regular EVGA card cause I can overclock it myself, why pay them to do it for me right?! The EVGA precision overclocking tool is bada**ed! I went from factory clocked 576mhz to 680mhz. I can push a little more, but I feel comfortable there and a memory clock of 1240(2480). Everything is silky smooth on my brand new 24" Acer that I got the same day as my card....all from newegg!

To answer the question, I would not think it is possible given you already know the reason why. The extra 24SP's will throw it off maybe, since the design is different. Think about it this way, there is not much difference in the 9600GT at I think 96SP's and the 9800GT at 112SP's. It would be like SLIing them together. If I am wrong, please correct me anyone.