TITAN pricing?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by mck, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'd pay £825 for a single GPU card if it was, say, 10-20% faster across the board than the GTX 690 or even GTX 680 SLI but the fact that the card is priced to compete with SLI/GTX 690 but offers less performance for a higher asking price just baffles me. If the Titan was, say, £600 tops then it would be worth it for that 50% performance improvement over the year old GTX 680, which costs £370 plus £185 (50% extra performance) plus £100 for 4 GB of extra VRAM less a reduction for the fact that the GTX 680 is a year old tech and due for a price cut.

The Titan really is the Ferrari of graphics cards: desirable, super sexy and fast but at a price few can afford. Unfortunately, at that price, this Ferrari doesn't go fast enough for my liking! ;)

2. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X
    I like Darren, tbh.

3. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X
    Mate I want one, hell, I want two lol my overall point is, in 2013 we should be getting a hell of allot more for our money, a HELL of allot more.

Should take a very bog standard mid range card to handle 1080p 60FPS with AA

Pay £900 when you need to power tripple monitors at 120FPS, with AA.

I fully stand by what I say, we are being taken for a ride.

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    THIS^^

This is an enthusiast site - this seems to be lost on some people.

We get it TT, you think it's too expensive but you don't need to comment endlessly about it in every thread related to Titan.

The fact is that people are going to buy it because they can and because they enjoy new tech.

The fact that you aren't buying one makes no difference to those who are.

5. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X
    Point missed.

Depends if you consider fighting a losing battle worth fighting.

It is about what people are accepting as 'HIGH END' gpu's in 2013.

There is nothing around which can power todays games the way many of us wish to play them, and what puts a foot in the ballpark of half decent power costs what 2 true high end top of the range GPU's should cost however, I am done here as this is not the first time I have lost this losing battle.

What's clear every time, is the large majority of people accept this, and as such Nvidia keep walking all over us.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  6. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC

Have you developed a £400 top-end card to beat the competition?

Do we all have a god given right to game at 1080p, 60FPS with AA or is there some law that I'm not aware of?

Please justify your statements instead of just crying like a baby beacuse you make yourself look more silly with every post.

7. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    There is no 'battle' here.

It's not really up to you to tell people how to spend their money or to cast aspersions on people's mental health based on those decisions.

You've made your point numerous times, point taken.

I'm still buying two, many other people are buying them as well.

8. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X
    It is amazing how many people somehow see me as the enemy lol

What people are missing is I am trying to stand up for us, PC gamers, and say ENOUGH! we expect MORE for £900 in 2013, and I have tried to explain how our expectations are so NOT unreasonable!

However I mostly end up doing this alone.

Ah well.

NO, I KNOW! your RIGHT, yall bent over a long time ago.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  9. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    OK, for the benefit of us PC gamers, go away, start an electronics company, produce a £400 GPU to crush all competition.

Then come back and all us PC gamers will worship your awesomeness and your single handed crusade to rid us from the evil capatilist pig-dogs.

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC

You keep talking of 'battles' and being the 'enemy'.

People are smart enough to make their own decisions and justify their own purchases.

Just as you have decided that is too expensive for you to justify buying it, other people have chosen to buy it.

I don't think anyone is missing what you are saying (as you say it quite a lot tbh) but you don't speak for everyone.

Anyway, I've said all I'm going to say - If you want to continue your 'crusade', that is your choice but I suspect it is falling on deaf ears considering the fact that Titans sell out within minutes of showing as 'in stock'.

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    You cant even explain to us why gamers are entitled to "more".
    And you're going to argue this with Nvidia, their shareholders, workers etc? :3eyes:

The amount of self-entitlement in you...
    HERRO! This is not a frigin water, life-saving medicine, or salt. Just a silly GPU.
    You don't have to own one in order to make it through the day, OK?

You already got the link on free trade economics. I suggest you use it.
    If not, you can allways move to one of those 4-5 countries with planned economy.

12. Mr Terry Turnip

Mr Terry Turnip Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1060 Gaming X
    Roger that.

I'll take myself off elsewhere and do you all a favor.

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    We have ric to remind us of the price already.
    Its too late now we should have got the pitchforks and torches going on rumored price

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I read that the Titan was only released because NVIDIA expected AMD to release faster cards around now and, of course, they didn't so this new uber-card is left without any real competition and a very sobering price tag. One wonders what would have happened if AMD had made it official that they weren't releasing any new cards any time soon; would the Titan have even been released or would it have been scrapped in favour of an earlier release of the GTX 700 series?

15. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Are ya butt hurt your card isn't the fastest single gpu anymore, seems like sour grapes is on the menu

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yeah take your butt-hurt self out of all Titan threads, you troll in everyone one of them.

17. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    I think AMD made a safer choice...keep their yields up, produce 7970s, keep their prices down, sell...Nvidia chose two paths:

1) Keep yields up with the 680, yields have been improving ever since it was introduced in March 2012 (it was mythical back then :p)
    2) Produce high-end, low yield GK110 chips and use most in Tesla K20X and some others in the GTX Titan, boom two different cards for different markets and users.

Q4 2013, when it's rumored for both to release their next gen cards, they should again be on the same track. Whether the GTX780 will be faster, on par, or slower than the Titan, is just a guess by now. If we are to expect the 40-50% performance boost every gen brings over the previous one every 2 years, then the GTX780 might be on par with Titan at a normal price tag (of $500?).

@Terry Turnip: Dude, this card isn't the flagship, next-gen card of 2013. It's an enthusiast card with a price to match. Next gen should follow normally 2 years after the previous gen, at the very least Q4 2013 / Q1 2014.

Complaining about a card that costs $1000 but offers you next gen performance a year earlier is pointless.

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    LoL, I like this guy, About time we had some humour around here.
    Sometimes talking hardcore about hardware gets boring:)

19. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    6 months, at the very most, for 780.
    The titan ain't 'enthusuiast', most of us here have 'enthusuast', the titan is elitist.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well i bought my 580 for 399 eur after 2,5 months after lauch, so i find everything higher overpriced :D