Guru3D GeForce GTX 690 review is out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 3, 2012.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Personally i would never buy ati gpus and cfx them,some people get problems and some dont,i wouldnt want to take that risk,there driver updates fix one or two games and break others in the process....1 step forwards and 2 step backwards....no thanks....awesome cards but there drivers in general suck balls.

2. MrMicrochip

MrMicrochip Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1070 Phoenix
    And Hardware Canucks come to same conclusion:
    http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/53901-nvidia-geforce-gtx-690-review-27.html

I like Hardware Canucks reviews because they list minimum fps too which is more important than average when the average fps is over preferred fps (>60fps for me).

3. Sanyo

Sanyo Guest

GPU:
    2 x Asus gtx 580 DUII
    can we stay on topic and shove the SLi/CFx bitch slappings for another thread??

I noticed that Nvidia have put some strict " DO NOT TOUCH THIS! OR THIS! OR THIS!"
    on the gtx 690....does this mean we wont see FTW/RoG etc etc versions that are alot different?

Also does anyone know if they will drop an 8gb version?

4. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Well.. I better start playing the lottery then..

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    ...and from anandtech:

Much like the GTX 680 launch and the GTX 590 before it, the first generation of GTX 690 cards are reference boards being built by NVIDIA, with NVIDIA using their partners for distribution and support. In fact NVIDIA is enforcing some pretty strict standards on their partners to maintain a consistent image of the GTX 690 – not only will all of the launch cards be based off of NVIDIA’s reference design, but NVIDIA’s partners will be severely restricted in how they can dress up their cards, with stickers not being allowed anywhere on the shroud. Partners will only be able to put their mark on PCB, meaning the bottom and the rear of the card. In the future we’d expect to see NVIDIA’s partners do some customizing through waterblocks and such, but for the most part this will be the face of the GTX 690 throughout its entire run.

7 days and counting...:D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b5YWBCkqVf0#!

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yeah its like that for mos cards. Wait a bit and custom cards will show up. Imagine a 690 msi lightning extreme. Mhm.
    Veteran i hope you are a patient person, im not

7. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Congrats on the purchase. One of the best looking GPUs I have ever seen.

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    that is what has kept me from even concidering buying an amd card. the drivers, with nvidia I never experienced anything but almost pure bliss, and this is always with multi gpu setups. nvidia always seems to fix problems very quickly and sli profiles very quickly too.

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah i always knew there was a possibility of better cards showing with increases overclocks but how long do you wait?How much will the price increase?How much stock will there be?

My card will be going under water anyhow so it will be overclocked more than any card regarding air cooling,not only that it will have a RX360 triple rad all to itself for maximum performance,i already have these rads and have had them for months,it all depends on when i can be bothered to install it and buy a new block when they become available.....atm im in no rush whatsoever.:)

Yeah thanks mate,i waited long enough but it was worth being patient and waiting it out.:)

10. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Looks like it paid off :p They really went all out with this card in every aspect.
    Let us know what kind of clocks you're getting with those cherry picked gk's, if you plan on clocking them :)

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah will do mate,i dont think ill be clocking them up for 24/7 use on air,will do a few benchies,post them up then run at stock.

Once i get it under water i will have a oc which i will use 24/7 once its fully stable.

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yeah you might be the first to fry them hehe

13. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

Thats if we are still around by then, LOL.

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ill let other people on other forums with watercooling be the guinea pigs before i start upping the volts,ill use there experience as a guide for myself.

15. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli

8gb of vram?? If you really fully utilized ALL 8gb vram resources, the card wont even budge at all, card aint fast enough to render something FULL 8 gb vram, it may move, but extremely slow.

8gb on that card aint worth it.

oh I see what your saying, excuse me, 8gb on 690 = 4gb, 4 per gpu, card is still 4gb then.

prettie good but I dont see not many are going to use all the vram resources though. card will move but it may run a lil slow.

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20