INTEL FUD about ION

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by geeko, Feb 25, 2009.

1. geeko

geeko New Member

GPU:
    ATI / 4850 / 512
    Content removed at the request of intel

2. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    im sooooo buying an Nvidia Ion, the one that was reviewed on guru. it can replace that huge Opteron 146 pc im using as a media pc. Intel should be biggin this up i mean at the end of the day they are still using the Atom Cpu.

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I like how Intel is saying crap about the Ion platform, but the Ion platform basically makes the Atom a great choice for a media center, which is not what the Atom was created for, but Nvidia easily made it that. I think that Intel doesn't have much to compete with on this Ion platform, so they're basically saying wait until the next netbook platforms. Well, Ion is a netbook platform, but it does more than what's expected from a netbook platform. HD is a big one, even more for people looking for a cheap media center. Yeah, it maybe just a refresh of an existing platform, but it does way better than the first one could do. To me, there is enough difference to buy this over Intels platform completely. I hope to get one, along with a sata blu ray disk, and a hard drive obviously, and I'm set.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  4. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    This kind of jibberish = Intel feels threatened even if they are trying to hide that

5. Iarwain

Iarwain Banned

GPU:
    4890 990//1120
    Kinda got the impression that, through all the techspeak, Intel just doesn't like Nvidia all that much.

6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    which is good in my opinion, hopefully means that nvidia and intel won't be in bed that much, when AMD bought ATI it kinda scared me that would drive nvidia over to Intel, hope that never happens

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  7. Iarwain

Iarwain Banned

GPU:
    4890 990//1120
    AMD BOUGHT INTEL OMG WHEN?!

lol

8. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    er........*cough and makes adjustments to his post, rofl*

9. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    What the hell is intel's problem with nvidia? they really seem determined to not go into business or support them in any way, even when it might benefit them, and actually seem to be actively trying to hurt them. wonder what nvidia did to piss em off...

10. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    To me, when some one lashes out like this is because of fear!
    Now I dont think Intel has any thing to worrie about when it comes to CPUs but, If Intel thinks NV might steel some of there atom money then they are going to do just this bash, and with Intel coming out with its own GPU it will be all out war.

Im glad there with be another GPU makes, I dont like ATI, and NV is kinda full of them selves to a point, so this will give us another option.