Nvidia GeForce 314.22 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by harkinsteven, Mar 25, 2013.

1. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    I wouldnt buy a titan, even if I could afford one. Thats total overkill, and anyone who has one, shouldnt mention e-penil issues. Because having a TITAN is the ultimate e-penis. But thats enough of that subject, its totally offtopic and silly to judge someone by their PC hardware. That is the only reason to LOL here, its embarrasing! AND VERY IMMATURE! And bullying is never ok.

On topic, got my second "driver stopped responding" error with this driver, but this time it was playing Tomb Raider, this is starting to worry me as I havent had these issues with "DSR" errors for a long time, its not a good sign.

Anyone having these dsr issues with these drivers, as Im wondering If its just the drivers, or maybe I should go back to some older driver? ANyone got ideas?? Any suggestions?

Ps. Im not OC the gpu´s, and the CPU is only at 4.0ghz turbo mode, thats 100mhz over the default clocks, so that cant be it. My ram is at 1800mhz, they are 1866mhz chips, using 100x100.

Pps. If Titan LE is affordable, then maybe i could even consider it, I wouldnt mind the power of a Titan, its the overprice im saying no to. And to be honest, I think anyone who pays for one, specially two(9000kr here in sweden=900euro), are stupid, because you are giving Nvidia a reason to sell gpu´s for such overprices just because they made a gpu that was somewhat too powerful against the competition. If AMD would get their act together and make a real match for Nvidia, we would all be using Titans now as it would be a normally highend priced card, not this "only for rich and stupid" price.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  2. Cnstntgrdnr

Cnstntgrdnr Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    It is, I have set windows to never automatically install device drivers since I upgraded from windows 7. I got the black screen when I uninstalled the older ones , not when updating to the newer set.

I don' t use overclocking utilities or have any installed except maybe Inspector but I don' t overclock anyhow. Gpu is at stock settings. Anyway, the system is stable ever since, I will update if the black screen thing repeats upon uninstalling when the new whqls arrive. Thanks for the replies.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  3. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    I don't find it necessary to uninstall the old drivers when a newer version is released. I've never had any issues whatsoever. If I'm switching from Team Green to Team Red or vice versa, different story.

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    my 8 year old has the same cpu as you but is the better e0 stepping

5. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Windows 8 enables the 3D drivers immediately on start up, if there is no driver it black screens. It sounds like the default "WDM" windows driver failed to re install.

Don't sweat it if it's working correctly now. Just sounds like a bug. /shrug

6. treed

treed Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 560 TI 2GB
    Sorry if this has already been asked but I have an 560 Ti 2GB, will I see any performance change from 314.07? I'm sure there are others here with similar rigs as me that could answer. :) Hell I am surprised how good of FPS I am getting. I have everything on very high except objects and shading which are on high. Getting about 30-35 fps on my rig. Also my textures are on very high and have FXAA on.

7. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    It's good hardware for what it is, overclocks like a beast....LOL! and I'm sure it has served you well.:)

8. ravaged

ravaged Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2080 Super
    yeah, my E8400 was decent back in the day but when I recently upgraded to my i5 it was... mindblowing. As soon as you can swing an upgrade, man, you won't regret it.

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It was great stuff at its time, half a decade ago.

10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    OK so what did you upgrade from, so that GTX 670 made more sense than say 2500k/3570k?

You realize that other than 2 --> 4 cores, CPU upgrades are small and incremental (~15% every 2 years), while GPUs upgrades are still huge (~%80 every 2 years), so i5-760, 2500k could serve you for quite some time, while 670 will get ran over in next GPU cycle, same like GTX 570 had been.

11. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    The only one who is wagging the microscopic epeen is the one bragging about their over expensive GTX Titans

12. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I digg what you're saying.I upgraded my gpu from a GTX260 216SP mainly for DX11 and to keep my games happy until a cpu, mobo, ram upgrade could be afforded.I'll repeat here that I can't get mad at ppl for having loads of dough, it's none of my business.Just don't act like you replaced your common sense with it as a friend of mine said.

I'd have to disagree just a little with only one thing you've mentioned, and that's the gpu.From my experience Nvidia cards have more long term value due to their overclocking capabilities and their UDA.I know for a fact this 670 is going to last just as long as my 260 did.But again, it comes down to personal preferences and finances.My upgrades are coming soon, I just didn't think I'd have to defend myself like this by mentioning it.

Anyway thanks for the advice dude. :)

@Steve30x - Don't worry bout it bro, it's a dead issue.Don't want no more trouble.

13. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    that cpu was fine in it's day! but even at 4Ghz you bottlenecking that awesome 670 by probably 50% of its full potential. that cpu just can't feed your card what it needs.

14. Dragondale13

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I'm fully aware bro! You called it exactly, it is being utilized by only 50% judging from benchmarks I have installed and comparing to numbers I've noticed in the benchmarking section here and around the web.Even at 1080p Far Cry 3 is really playable at Ultra, 4XAA.Of course there's room for improvement but it's still awesome though, yea it's a hungry SOB! Lol!!!

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Let's be nice, the mods aren't here to babysit us, common sense folks. :p

16. CSF90

CSF90 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    With what game?

Anyway, driver improvements affect the GTX 500 series as well as the 600 series due to similar architecture - so yes, upgrade when possible. 314.22 are the latest, so get those rather than 314.07.

17. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 Ti
    Playing Medal of Honor Warfighter, I received an unexpected stop working of the game, and with this message:

[​IMG]

I have a 2x SLI GTX 680, 314.22 WHQL, and new-clean instalation of the Windows.

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I had no issues with that game and played through the whole campaign with this driver set. It's quite a buggy game though, no doubt.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Did you OC vram or gpu when it happened?

20. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 Ti
    No, only OC default provide by MSI Twin Frozr !!