Sony Electronics releases Full 4K Ultra HD TV Line-up

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    2k will become the next 720p and 4k will become the next 1080p would be my assumption, as to 49 being the lowest, no, seiki makes a 37" 4K tv.

I can't compare Sony to Seiki as i've never seen the Sony's in person, but i have to say...the Seiki current 55" 4K TV, retailed at $1299, gives amazing blacks and colors compared to the other tv's at my work...i'm not sure i'd be willing to spend another $800 for a smaller tv just because it's Sony and not Seiki (which many people are not aware of who seiki is)

2. deefop

deefop Member Guru

GPU:
    HiS 7870 + Asus 7870 CF
    I wonder whether 4k will be the "flagship" resolution or if it will actually be the halfway point to an even higher resolution. 2560x1440 is already around but I haven't seen very many TV's come out with it. Has anyone else?

There are already several resolutions that push even higher than 4k so I wonder whether 4k is just the stepping stone to the really ridiculous pixel counts that might emerge in the next few years :)

My CF'd 7870's aren't gonna cut in anymore... :(

3. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @lucidus
    then get the 40/48" FHD W-series.
    Xreality pro chip+engine from the 4Ks for picture improvements like upscaling/motion....

@Aura89
    put some media (1080p rip from BD?!) on a thumbdrive and play it on the seiki and sony. lots of reviews on the web showing that they have no clue about picture quality and upscaling. almost everyone that also owned a sony tv (up to 4-5y), could not match the picture on the seiki, no matter what they did (settings/"calibration").
    another thing: most cheaper 4K sets/monitors are not using ips panels, but TN.

4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'm not sure how and article from nearly 2 years ago is stating anything about these models.