What franchise are you more interested in? Doom or Quake?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DSparil, Apr 3, 2013.

?

Which franchise do you prefer?

1. Doom

44 vote(s)
    46.3%
  2. Quake

51 vote(s)
    53.7%
  1. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I prefer Quake, but I'd love to see new games for both IPs.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    id have said they want to do a new Quake, and a new Wolfenstein title. They originally wanted to work on both internally, but have already handed Wolfenstein out to another studio.

There's always the possibility that a new Quake entry will be done the same.

Personally, I only want id to focus on one game right now. Doom. I really believe a big problem for them recently is simply overstretching themselves.
    RAGE was their first internally developed, multiple platform release. And they still split the studio and started development on another major project.

Even if they wanted to make a new Doom, I think they should've waited until after RAGE was finished. They put the studios focus on it. Not split the team.
    id's never handled two large projects at once, and with both being multi-platform releases... that requires a TON more work.

One game at a time. And right now, Doom.
    A new Quake (in my mind only if it's part of the Quake 2 world) would be awesome. But, only after they are finished with Doom. Unless they hand development to another studio and simply produce it.

Sucks they can't have Raven Software make it. :( I'm gonna miss the Raven + id collaborations.

3. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Don't get me wrong, I like Doom but I prefer Quake because of its fast pace

This is why I spent most of my time playing Half Life/Opposing force Deathmatch over say TFC/CS

4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I prefer Doom II over the first Doom.
    Quake, I thought was boring. From the setting, combat... and the OMFG stupid "final fight" ending.

Quake 2 was the one that I loved. It felt like Doom II in a lot of ways, enemies and weapons. The hub styled level design... the music. Everything about it was awesome.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I preferred Quake to Quake 2 by far lol.

6. adawe

adawe Guest

GPU:
    quake...liek quake 1...not the sequels. quake1 was dark, satanic, artistic...and those monsters were amazing (cept for the little blue jumping flubber)

7. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Definitely this. I loved some of what Raven developed - Heretic, Hexen, Hexen 2, Quake 4, Singularity....

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, Singularity was just a Raven title. id had no part in that, and Raven wants to do a sequel... so... hoping.
    But, I agree... I loved the co-developed titles between them. Wolfenstein and Quake 4 were awesome.
    As were Heretic, Hexen and Hexen II.

Though, I also wish Raven would make a new Soldier of Fortune.

9. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Tough question, but I'd pick Doom over Quake. Quake, Quake 2 & Quake 3 Arena were great.

Quake 4 & after were a letdown for me & boring...

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Quake. While I loved Doom games, I played ****loads of Quake 1, 2, 3 and even 4 was not bad and enjoyed them more.

11. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Clearly most of the people saying Doom, have never experienced multiplayer Q1 and Q2 back in the day. The sheer old school pure skill fun was something to behold, especially competitive LANs. :cool:

Original doom and D2 where also cool when I was a kid, respect. But I prefer quake.

So yeah, need a Quake re-boot badly, or sequel... or anything!

12. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    In quake 4, I loved the fact that they ported over some of my favorite maps in Q3A to the multiplayer (Q3DM6, Q3DM17)

13. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Quake for me, Q1, 2 and 3 were the most important games for me. Multiplayer especially. I even loved Q4 and it is one of the few SP games I completed in the last 10 years.

Doom was great as a kid but D3 just didnt do it for me and I think id needs to get back into multiplayer.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    problem is that the way id used to do mp wouldn't work anymore. online shooters have moved on since those fast paced carnage days.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Based on what?

Imo not really.

16. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Does not have to be the old fast paced game of old. We have Quake Live for that.

But id's shooting mechanics and responsive gameplay are still top notch. I even loved Rage co-op, now if they added proper dedicated servers and good multiplayer game modes that could have been awesome.

They can always have a modern and old school game mode.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, but that fast paced shooter was what they did well. not sure if they can do anything else well tbh.

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    DooM and DooM II were epic at the time of release with its texture mapping....revolutionary at the time.
    Quake was ok but more emphasis on 3d polygons for the time rather than gameplay.

Quake II was good.

Overall i prefer DooM although DooM III sucked balls.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Never been much of a Quake fan so i would say Doom.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pretty even results. I'm surprised to see so many Quake fans, Doom gets a lot more attention usually.