With SPEC View perf 7.1 scores THIS LOW!! surely I've done something very very wrong!

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by mAGmAX, Jul 29, 2004.

1. mAGmAX

mAGmAX Member

GPU:
    Quadro FX3000
    Hello,

can somebody please read through my installation guide and tell me where I am going wrong. I've done this about a million times now and it not funny.

SPEC 7.1
    PNY 5800 ultra = Softquadro???

Run All Summary

---------- SUM_RESULTS\3DSMAX\SUMMARY.TXT
    3dsmax-02 Weighted Geometric Mean = 20.94

---------- SUM_RESULTS\DRV\SUMMARY.TXT
    drv-09 Weighted Geometric Mean = 47.02

---------- SUM_RESULTS\DX\SUMMARY.TXT
    dx-08 Weighted Geometric Mean = 108.49

---------- SUM_RESULTS\LIGHT\SUMMARY.TXT
    light-06 Weighted Geometric Mean = 20.46

---------- SUM_RESULTS\PROE\SUMMARY.TXT
    proe-02 Weighted Geometric Mean = 17.86

---------- SUM_RESULTS\UGS\SUMMARY.TXT
    ugs-03 Weighted Geometric Mean = 13.95

1) Download 45.28 driver
    2 Download rivatuner 15
    3) Clear off all signs of old display driver plus OEM file in WIN/info/oem??
    3) Install new card and install new driver to C\Nvidia\WIN2k\45.28
    4) Reboot
    5) Install Rivatuner let it build it files and close down.
    6) Copy the whole new driver folder i.e. C\Nvidia\WIN2k\45.28 and paste it on the C drive renaming it to C\MOD
    7) Copy and Paste the expand.exe from tools into the C\MOD folder along with the Unpack.bat
    8) Install the Unpack.bat (by the way files were obtained to make this from a post in this forum by clokkevi)
    9) Go to Patch scripts Nivida and click on SoftroQuad4 point the file to C\MOD and install to NV4_MINI.SYS. Do the same for NStrap antiproctection, AnisoBooster for openGL and DentonatorFXAntiprotector
    10) Start Rivatuner and install Nstrap set PCI Device to quadro or custom and change to Quadro 2000
    11) Reboot computer. At the start cancel new hardware found.
    12) Delete off all signs of the unpatched driver i.e C\Nvidia\WIN2k\45.28 and its OEM file
    11) Go Start control panel system device manager and left click on display device.
    12) Go to update driver and point windows to C\MOD
    13) Once the C\MOD driver has been updated. Close and reboot Start windows and go custom my desk top and turn off V.SYNC.

I can run maxtreme and proformance in Spec view is much faster but when the test stop I get the above. What have I done wrong looking at other results mine are very poor. Please help!!!

2. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    Why don't you first fill up the specs so we can see what hardware you have there besides the PNY 5800 Ultra...

3. mAGmAX

mAGmAX Member

GPU:
    Quadro FX3000
    Oops sorry ,

here is my spec

3.2 intel
    Asus P4C800-E Del
    2Gb OCZ 3500 EL
    250 Sata WD

4. rui0317

rui0317 Master Guru

GPU:
    5900XT to QuadroFX3000
    Install the newest driver of the chipset .

5. JoeJoe

JoeJoe Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 7300GT
    It seems you don't activate nvstrap on rivatuner... But I don't know if it's usefull on fx cards...

By the way, I think that AlecRyben wanted you to try specview with a non modded driver, to see if there was a difference of performance....

6. mAGmAX

mAGmAX Member

GPU:
    Quadro FX3000
    Thanks for the replies :)

sorry I haven't posted for a while I have been doing some hardcore testing.

So far I have gone through Drivers 44.03 up to 53.30 and every time I getting the same results as before??.

I have tried all the Rivatuners up to the latest 15 and nothing changes the scores. :mad:

I have even tried a different card a Leadtek A30 and the only difference I get with that one is that it crashes in Specvief 7.1...

I have notice that when I install nstrap from C\Riva\NVIDIA\Patchscrips\nstrap the patch is successfully installed but if I look in the little white scroll down box at the bottom I can see that it tells me the scripted has failed and it could be something to do with the patch already installed but Riva still installs the patch successfully. Is this normal or does Riva leave a small registry file behind of a previous installation when it is installed on the C drive in C\WIN\info or in the systems32 folder that I have deleted yet?

This is driving me mad. I thought a Geforce 5800 ultra was supposed to turning into a perfect copy of a Quadro Fx 2000?? I am getting v bored of testing + the fan on this thing is beginning to grind me down. I am thinking of returning both these cards and tiring with a 5900xt instead
    :mad:

7. rui0317

rui0317 Master Guru

GPU:
    5900XT to QuadroFX3000
  8. mAGmAX

mAGmAX Member

GPU:
    Quadro FX3000
    Thanks but I have already tried this method and all the other methods about 50 times before I have even tried your method you posted on a Chinese web site :D but still no go..

I have got bored with trying to mod these 5800 boards and RMAed them. I am looking to buy a 5900xt now and try to mod that instead.

Apart from low ugs-03 scores in Specvief is there any other differences to a real Quardo 3000 compared to a softmodded geforce fx5900xt .

Will I also be able to use all the pro aps like maxtreme drive and AA, as I will be using this card mostly in Max 6. If not I might have to save up my pennies and buy a real quadro fx3000 I have found a place in the UK that sell them for £880 oem

www.scan.co.uk

Does anyone know any where else cheaper??

9. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

GPU:
    980 Ti MSI Gaming 6G
    Why not leave the 5900 as is and use MAX in DirectX mode instead ?

10. mAGmAX

mAGmAX Member

GPU:
    Quadro FX3000
    Yes I could. I didn't think of that, Maxtreme isn't all that any way but it's nice to have the option to use it.

A real quadro 3000 for the money is probably over kill for what I do with Max. I have a quadro 980xgl and it is starting to show it ago a bit in Max 6 when I use maxtreme thats why I wanted to upgrade.

So does maxtreme work on a softmodded geforce 5900xt?