crysis 3 and crossfire

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by milktree, Feb 21, 2013.

1. milktree

milktree Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780TI GHZ x2
    has anyone got crossfire to work decently in this game? even with the 13.2 beta 6 drivers, the crysis3.exe profile does not preform well at all. i tried to set the crossfire profile to AFR friendly or BF3.exe which gave a huge boost in performance, but both gave me unplayable flickering in fullscreen mode.

2. subzerok

subzerok Guest

GPU:
    Xfire 5870's
    Im on the same boat using 5870 crossfire, it claims i get a solid 55-60fps though it feels under 40 fps... AFR mode makes the game performance amazing though tones of flickering, havent tried BF3.exe porifle. Crysis2 and Crysis profiles terrible.

ULTRA
    [​IMG]

LOW
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
  3. seb4771

seb4771 Guest

Hi all,

Tested this day :

1920x1200 2x HIGH = no problem, very beautiful graphics and not "too" slow with my older computer (i5 2500k@4.5 Ghz + 5970 850/1150 + 8 Go ddr 3 + win 7 + catalyst 13.2b6)

at @900/1200, gain is good for this game, slooowww just 1 or 2 "moment" with MOST lights/reflection.

update 1: ULTRA, no new splendid graphic, just 1 or 2 change for details.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
  4. bummerman

bummerman Master Guru

GPU:
    7970 tri-crossfire
    I got tri crossfire 7970 s and usage is 60% and frames about 40 in 3800---1920 or 1600 P-really bad

5. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Another useless crappy unoptimized pos amd game.

6. Stu @ MSD

Stu @ MSD Guest

GPU:
    3x HD7970 @ 1260/1950
    Xfire works fine in Beta 6.

Trifire is a no go.

7. bummerman

bummerman Master Guru

GPU:
    7970 tri-crossfire
    you get good usage with two cards and what are your frames and resolution?

8. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    I splurged when i saw a 7950 at a store today picked it up to crossfire with my 7970 have the 7950 set to 1050 and it works great with crysis 3 im usually at 50 to 60 frames. Ive seen gpu usage in the 90s but mostly 80s and 70s depending on where im at.

9. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Guest

GPU:
    5870M CrossFire
    what app did u use to monitor CFX usage? i used to use radeonpro with red CFX usage bar, but that software is obsolete and the newer radeonpro beta no longer support CFX usage bar, which is real disappointment. care to share your realtime monitoring method? thanks

10. Racetrack

Racetrack Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 7970M 2GB
    You sure about Trifire? I played the beta ok with 3 gpus with the beta 5 drivers. Don't think it scaled very well though, unless that's what you referring to?

11. Stu @ MSD

Stu @ MSD Guest

GPU:
    3x HD7970 @ 1260/1950
    Hi Guys,
    5760x1080 eyefinity.

Everything set as high as it will go except MSAA as that is broken for me at x8 (gives 1 - 3 FPS) so its set to x4.

30 - 40FPS in large outdoor arenas.
    GPU usage monitored on my keyboard display via Aida 64.

It works with 3x GPU's but they scale to around 60% each and performance is better and smoother using just 2x GPU's.

12. Stu @ MSD

Stu @ MSD Guest

GPU:
    3x HD7970 @ 1260/1950
    **Update**
    I am getting quite into Crysis 3 now so have been tweaking to see how best to run it going forward and it seems that for my setup, MSAAx8 is broken as it drops me to 1FPS!

However, with everything maxed and the AA set to FXAA I now get very acceptable gameplay, super smooth, but lower than expected FPS.

My Rig.
    • 3770k @ 4.6ghz
    • 3x 7970s at 1200/1650
    I average over 40 FPS, usually nearer to 50. (MXAA kills it to low 40s)

I set the game to the same point, as you enter new york, just before you take out that comms tower, stood in the moving grass and nice rocks.
    I tested both 2x and 3x GPU's and the results were IDENTICAL FPS - except that 2x GPU ran smoother. A little more fluid.
    I grabbed two images to illustrate as I monitor all hardware + FRAPS on my G19 with updates at 1hz.

3x GPU's

[​IMG]

2X GPU's

[​IMG]

So my advice for now:
    • Trifire is pointless
    • I personally suggest you run with FXAA as it seems to give a good 5fps advantage and I personally cant see any visual difference at all..

13. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    Msi afterburner on screen display

14. milktree

milktree Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 780TI GHZ x2
    i just tried using the optimize 1x1 crossfire profile. its not perfect, but its a hell of a lot better than the original crysis3.exe profile.

15. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    You guys were right it seems some areas of the game crossfire is broken. The first few levels worked great now where im at it doesnt seem to be functioning properly.

16. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    Ok guys i figured out something weird but it works to fix crossfire. Seems the steam interface was messing it up for me when somebody would message me it would break crossfire when i would open it up in game then even without steam it still didnt work. But if you go to the ccc and creat a profile change the type of crossfire profile save it all and press apply then delete the profile you just made press apply load the game where crossfire wasnt working and magic it works again from 29 to 60 fps for me. Worked a couple of times for me wanted to see if the same steps fixed it again.. let me know if this helps any of you out.

17. Dreamin

Dreamin Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 CF
    Thanks for the update. Im running 2560x1600 and purchased my third 7970 recently, but returned it due to negative scaling on AC3 and NFS. FWIW, micro-stutter/tearing was a lot better with the 3 cards vs 2 cards

Really want to get another card to improve Crysis 3 performance, but guess tri-CF is still not ready for prime time.

If AMD can get its act together, they'll sell a lot more cards for CF and Trifire sit-ups...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  18. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I run 2560x1600 too and I can say that you dont need a third card. Trust me.

Performance will get better with new drivers and maybe a patch from the game.

19. Dreamin

Dreamin Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 CF
    I'm spoiled as I can play all games at full max settings and still get 60-90fps.

Are you saying i'll be able to run at 'very high' and MSAA 8x with only driver/game updates, with my 2x7970 (1100/1500) setup?

Or are you saying the game is 'playable' with everything turned down - of course I can play at 'high' and FXAA...

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  20. Khaled

Khaled Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD5870 CFX @ 970/1285
    Hi guys, among all crossfire profiles I tested, "crysisWars.exe" gave me the best performances so far (with MLAA disabled in CCC) it's even better than "Crysis3.exe" profile, hope it helps :)