FIFA 14 PC won't use new Ignite engine

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 22, 2013.

1. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    They can fck off then!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be buying PES 2014.

2. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Yeah what bull****, no digital and btw South Africa in the first week alone they moved 15 000 PC retail copies.

You telling me in a first week a over a quarter of the worlds Fifa 14 sales came from... South Africa...LMFAO

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    so if thats true the console versions must be quite higher aswell.

4. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Same crap with AC1. Remember when they hack it a couple of months before the release date and Ubisoft claimed it only sold 40 000 copies Worldwide.

My mate who owns a gaming store franshise/chain told me it was impossible since she ordered/got over 20 000 copies.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    lol the "Xbox 1" name is still taking some getting used to :D The OP confused me for a sec before I scrolled to the bottom of the page :D

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    lol thats funny.

dont know how this works, but isnt chain different from a actual sale ? unless the stores sold all 20.000 copies ?
    i can imagine if a store orders 20.000 they arent sold straight away.

Last edited: May 22, 2013
  7. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Sales are measured by the distributor or publisher's sales/units shipped to a chain store, normal store or franchise.

That is how retail sales are calculated, No private franchise, chain store or normal store will ever give out that information.

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Trailer looks good? This rendered Trailer from Xbox-one? You seriuos? Its rendered, wow...you can say a lot now of its "good looking" :D

9. CrazyInsane

CrazyInsane Guest

GPU:
    6770m
    Thats why most publishers release statements that they *shipped* a number of copies and not *sold*.
    Back to topic,is the new engine really that demanding?

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    it looks good. much better than current EA sports games. what is it you don't understand?

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    its a rendered trailer, pretty much this.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ok, so it's not "actual gameplay footage". It's rendered in the game engine. looks good to me. I saw some nice cloth effects in there that you won't find in current console games.

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    mhm, okay.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've pre-ordered a PS4 anyway so I'll just buy FIFA 14 for that as I do tend to buy more multiformat games on console during the first few years of owning them. Still, it's typical of EA to neglect the PC, when was the last time it had a Madden NFL or NHL game, eh?

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600

16. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    One word, EA.

17. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    This is exactly what I expected. I didn't think they'd even bother with the new consoles until FIFA 15. Hopefully the games will all sync up next year and the PC version won't get left behind like it did after the last consoles were released.

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  18. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I think it's ridiculous from them considering FIFA 14 and PS4 will release around the same time and not every FIFA fans will have the money to pay for a new ~$400 console JUST for that game.

But then again, that's EA.

19. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    So no Ignite Engine features in FIFA 14 for PC. We're basically getting a patched-up FIFA 13 with an updated roster then?

The versions won't sync up until the game starts selling like hotcakes on the new consoles, same as the last generation. Considering the PS2 is still supported this year who knows how long we'll have to wait.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I think it's a bit cheeky of EA not to use the new engine for the PC given how similar the new systems are in terms of architecture now but it still doesn't surprise me.

I'm not too bothered really as I have a PS4 ordered (and NOT an Xbox One!). The first few years of a new console's life are usually its most interesting as the games are generally not far off the quality of a PC game plus next-gen we'll finally have native 1080p titles, some running at 60 fps, so I'll finally have that PC like experience I've been yearning for on my TV... and with surround sound, albeit at a cost as console games are not as cheap as PC games. I will not be buying the PC version of FIFA 14 this year either in protest.