Max Payne 3 System Requirements

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by pokerapar88, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    There has been nothing so far to suggest it is a port, so it just comes down to if you believe them when they claim that it was developed from scratch on the PC.

Some people will call it a port, but they are the same people who called Hard Reset and Witcher 2 a port for being DX9, or moaned about Serious Sam 3 on the PC re-using the same textures as the console versions.

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Its in the interest of game devs to state hardware requirements to be as low and high as possible as an aid to the marketability of their games. They dont want to lose sales over customers saying "oh ****, I cant run this game...oh well".

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    No, game requirements are to give the gamers an "idea" of what is needed to run the game. It's not to set the bar as low as possible.
    It's to set the lowest possible requirements while still maintaining a playable experience. I'm sure people with lower specs then what's listed will be able to get the game to start, but it most likely won't be playable.

And listing the absolute top end graphics cards as your "required" GPU is tired marketing. Get a plug from AMD and Nvidia for tossing out the top end GPUs in your requirements, trying to make people believe they'll "need" them to run the game smoothly.

4. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    I just hope R* haven't used the same ridiculous configuration method as in GTA4, where the game won't let you go above a certain detail level. I'd like the choice to be able to experiment with detail combos + framerate. Also hoping RAGE engine has SLI support, seeing as GTA4 only detected 1 GPU in multi config rigs.

Although i'll be on a GTX 6800 after today :)

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well there has been an SLI profile for over a year now, so i would imagine there will be, how well it scales remains to be seen, same thing with CF AMD have had a profile since September.

Damien_Azreal wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason, the fact that Nvidia and AMD have both been working on the game so far in advance of the release date suggests they have some sort of investment in it.

6. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Guess i'll be able to play with all bells and whizzles.
    Seriously, people who believe these highs are the recommended specs must be tripping.

*cantfindtheheadagainstthewalldude*

7. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Me too :)

and probably a "facepalm" would be enough

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I doubt the game will require that kind of hardware as recommended, imo it's just marketing for the latest and greatest hardware.

9. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    +1. Plenty of game producers do this. There are countless times I've played games maxed out, with good performance and a great deal below recommended specs.

10. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    this

+1

11. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Yeah, and there's always someone that will see that and think: OMG! I got to get a GTX 680 for the game to run good ! and runs out to buy it. And there's the guys that see recommended GTX 680 and say: OMG! a GTX 680 is recommended, let's go buy two of them just for the sake of overkilling and showing off (and dealing with massive driver issues and electric bills:) )

hahah lol.
    I got a second 6850, knowing the problems it could carry, because it was the cheapest way of getting more horsepower. I rather have a single card solution, but two mid-mid end cards can do quite good in CF/SLI. I know they will run Max payne 3, and any other game i throw at them. for $300 usd which wasn't dumped all at the same time, it was a great deal. I whish I would have got the 2GB version but they weren't availiable and at 1080p there's no need for more memory for most games (except ultra in BF3 and metro 2033 for eg.)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
  12. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

So what do people reckon? are those screenies of the PC version or of a console version? The look of the textures gives me the suspicion they're of the PC version - and naturally they'll use the screenshots of the best looking version. At least, that's what would make sense!

13. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070

I`m inclined to believe that the screens are of the PC version, however if those screens are the console version, imagine who good the PC version would look.

14. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

That's what I was thinking! although they look far too sharp and detailed to be console.

15. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    35gb, must be an awesome game.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aww man .. 35GB! :p No way I would even consider the steam version!

17. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    Seriously, on top of that Etisialt is painfully slow :bang:

18. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Or an awesomely HUGE crap. Hope its the opposite.

19. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I usually get 5-10 mb/s on Steam, on Origin even more and since I already re-bought the first two Max Paynes on Steam I think I'll do the same with the third. :nerd:

Although with games of this size I have my fears when thinking at the pc versions of Star Wars Force Unleashed 1&2... :(

20. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Starwars TFU holds the alltime low record for Gameplayfun / Gigabyte ;)
    Never saw so much space wasted for nothing.