HD 7000 Series Specs Leaked

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by pokerapar88, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Generally issues get resolved over time, it's just that Multi-GPU setups seem to get a few initial problems. When BF3 came out I had to run it in windowed mode as a work around for having no HUD (eyefinity just broke the whole game even when using single screen resolutions) but now it's absolutely rock solid with the new BF3 patches (not actually an AMD issue). it's just something you come to expect with having a multi-GPU multi-screen setup, but the pay-off is well worth it as BF3 is the smoothest most visually pleasent experience I've ever had (not to mention the awesome online gameplay).

I'm sure you're already used to that having 2 295s and all.

2. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Like what?

3. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    I keep seeing the HD 5970 (OEM) pop up on newegg for $300...a little more than the HD 6950 that I own...it's pretty damn tempting...eh..I think I'll just stick it out and get a single HD 7970 it looks like it will be a better option.

4. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Yer me to. We are loosing way to many people. We have actually gone from one extreme to another now because so many people (including myself) wanted the place to be less aggressive towards each other.

Anyway back on topic sadly...

5. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Yeah, I haven't really noticed any issues on a single card setup.

6. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    1GB seems to be the standard for GFX cards these days. Either way, you can't go wrong with 2GB. Just wish I could afford to buy one.

7. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    If only that existed. :p

8. jellysheep

jellysheep Guest

GPU:
    Elitegroup GTX 570
    Iv'e learned, take EVERYTHING regarding rumors or proclaimed facts surrounding any and all information about unreleased products to be fake or ill-informed at its source/core. (even if it is hyped up)

*Cough* Bulldozer.

9. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    The Info on the 7000 series comes from AMD.

:stewpid:

10. jellysheep

jellysheep Guest

GPU:
    Elitegroup GTX 570
    :wanker:

so they screwed them selves from the getgo?

11. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    I have absolutely no idea what you mean by that, seriously.

12. jellysheep

jellysheep Guest

GPU:
    Elitegroup GTX 570
    Disregaurd it. it's late. i'm tired.

13. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    lol fair enough!

If you read the info (directly from AMD) about the 7000 series, you will quickly understand it is the most powerful graphics processor yet created.

A single 7970 looks to be about as powerful as a HD 6990 / GTX 590.

This will be the biggest jump in graphics processing power since G70 -> G80 from Nvidia.

14. jellysheep

jellysheep Guest

GPU:
    Elitegroup GTX 570
    Again, that's on paper, but this is... well real life, so i don't know what to expect... im scared.. to tell you the truth.

also, on a side note on paper. BD should of murdered Sandybridge.. but this is real life.

15. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB

That's an understatement really. I'm looking to upgrade my desktop at the moment, it has an 8600GT-OC, and I can assure you every game that runs on that GPU seems to not have one problem. Now my Radeon 4650, yeah I know still a crappy card, but it's a laptop, and I can assure you over half the games I play on it have issues. Over half of my games seem to have a real stuttering issue. :frown:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011

16. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    BD never looked like murdering SB - even on paper. At most, it looked like it should equal it, but the sharing of resources between cores was never gonna work out well.

And as GPU's are essentially big blocks of FP units tied to ROP's and texture mapping units, its quite easy to see when an architecture looks powerful.

And TBH, most leaks are fairly accurate when it comes to GPU's.

The 7000 series officially launches tomorrow iirc, so it would be very unusual not to have fairly accurate info by now.

17. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I have necer had stuttering issues, but I did have stability issues, texture issues, flickering issues... etc.
    I know most of the time its related to the game coding, that most of the times its optimized for Nvidia... maybe thats a good reason to spend the extra cash for a solid build... Its not that I lost faith on AMD, they always performed great for the price... but I end up feeling I'm sacrificing peace of mind at the end, when I'm building a high perf. pc for gaming.

18. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    So... latest new about 7950 and 7970 are:

"The HD 7970 GPU will be made up from 32 Compute Units for a total of 2048 cores that operate at a 1GHz clock.

These will be linked via a 384-bit wide memory bus to 3GB of GDDR5 VRAM working in a quad data-rate mode at 1.37GHz (5.5GHz effective) in order to provide a whopping 264GB/s of memory bandwidth.

The HD 7950 on the other hand, which is based on the Tahiti Pro version of the AMD GPU, will drop two of the Compute Units of its older brother to provide its users with 30 CUs and 1920 streaming cores that operate at a lower 900MHz frequency.

The number of ROPs will also be decreased to 60, which will be paired with 120 texture units, as in AMD’s new architecture every CU connects to 2 ROPs and 4 TMUs.

As far as the memory controller included in this core is concerned, the information available is a bit sketchy as it hasn’t been revealed if this will be 384-bit or 256-bit wide, but we do know that the memory clock was decreased to 1.25GHz.

Both products are expected to be released during CES 2012 and will occupy the $349-449 price bracket, while the dual-GPU version of Tahiti, the HD 7990, will debut in March 2012 and the target price is the same as the original price of its predecessor - $699 (520 EUR)."

As many stated some of the specs already, but I would like to add this and say, prices don't look so bad and I hope they perform good so I don't have to make another anti-AMD decition and migrate to Nvidia.... as I did with Intel.

19. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    For sure, AMD'S hardware is great but it's not hard to see why so many get pissed with their drivers. And yeah game coding for PC has really gone downhill. And they wonder why people pirate.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  20. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Go to the nvidia section - you'll see just as many complaints about driver issues.

Neither AMD nor Nvidia make 'perfect' drivers. The best thing to do is buy the card that fits your budget, and don't worry about some driver issues that may occur.
    I've had MANY cards on my system in the last 12 months, and I can tell you for a fact both sets of drivers are as good or as bad as each other.

I don't know what your last statement means about coding for PC and pirating. Do you mean that because some games might be bad ports, its ok to pirate them???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.