so what is the fastest / best torrent downloader please vote

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by damien666, Aug 18, 2006.

1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    i think it depends. certain torrent apps seem to have a different way of handling torrent downloads.

2. Norvekh

Norvekh Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    I used Azureus for a while until I found uTorrent. Azureus would often end up eating up several hundred MB of system memory and one of my cores. I nixed it and switched to uTorrent and have seen it max out at 40MB when it was busy recompiling the data of a multi-GB torrent and running a few others at the same time. I figure I'm pleased with it so why switch unless another torrent program can run on even less resources, which I highly doubt.

3. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Is uTorrent better than Bitcomet. I am curious. I may try uTorrent to see.

4. godless

godless Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GS
    bitcomet is wat i use

but software wise by the amount of ram used and amount of cpu usage utorrent is the most effecient as far as i know

also when it works the damn thing works great i dont normally use it though i always keep it updated (i use utorrent for large downloads)

this is due to the fact utorrent doesnt always run about the same for me due to my connection or somethin but bitcomet works fine so i use that normally

but when utorrent does work it works a lot better then bitcomet sometimes my torrents r slow on utorrent

i know my friend download a very large game in a few hrs usin it but the download was only a few miles away from where he lived where as the same download took me about 2 days usin bitcomet as it was more then a country away (from canada to the UK) large downloads could take 2 days or 5 days sometimes longer so if utorrent does work for whatever reason it doesnt always work for me (no idea why) it'll download a lot faster so its always worth usin for anything over a few gbs

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006

5. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    utorrent its a lot easier and it ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!
    aint that right :D:D:D:D

6. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    uTorrent USED to get updates often (it used to be on a daily, or bi-daily basis).... but now it's slowed quite a lot.

7. Andrés

Andrés Guest

As a program approaches "perfection" (i.e. does what it is supposed to do without problems), why would you want more updates?. Does the current version have any bug?, would you like to add another feature?. Like what?

Andrés

8. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well..... no bugs that i've noticed. lol.

uTorrent FTW

9. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Guest

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    utorrent is the best.
    IMHO, it's already updated to perfection, so people that want "always fresh" stuff may be dissapointed, but that's a kind of mental illness, not a software problem. :D

10. Lightning

Lightning New Member

hi and im trying to find an answer for my question. so what is the best download and upload speed for a 128k computer?

11. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well.... 3MBit cable can get a maximum of 300k/sec..... so 128k would have a max of around 12k/sec? or are you saying that your max download speed is around 128k.... and that you have 1Mbit broadband?

12. Robbie Man

Robbie Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950GT 512mb
    Utorrent all the way, its using like 6mb right now on my computer.

13. mike41

mike41 Guest

GPU:
    Evga 560ti
    you are tottal wrong. The kiloBIT u have (128) divide it by 8 and u get ur max dl speed which is 16kiloBYTES

On ur 3mb line elemental dragon u get 3000(3mb) divided by 8 which is 375

14. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well..... i've NEVER hit 375k...... usually i seem to cap out at around 300-320.

and i wasn't TOTALLY wrong. it's not like i said he'd be able to download at 128k. i was judging it by what i've noticed so far with my own connection... and translating the same general idea over to his connection, and since i usually get ~300k download speeds on my 3Mbit line..... well...... put 2 and 2 together....

15. Lightning

Lightning New Member

it is because in utorrent.i need to know the settings i have to change to get best speed for 128k connection in utorrent.anyway my best is at least about between 30kB/s and 20kB/s in utorrent

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    my connection is 1024 kbps which i can DL 100kb speed. And i use utorrent.i tried all torrent prorams but all SLOW as turtle.if i see 20k iam lucky! 235 seeders and still 10k! WTF!WTHell......ok i lost my nerve. Well, ofcourse speed depends on the file that seeded and the distance.but one year ago when i had 512kbps connection, i was DLding files @ 50k-40k.what ever the file it was same. 50 - 40 k8full speed). but now i try all torrent programs and new files(which many people share ) its still low speed. WTF,WTH again.

17. Lightning

Lightning New Member

today i had the best speed i think for a 126k connection!in utorrent the maximum went about a 60kB/s today.

18. Joshua

Joshua Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX260 Core 216
    I personally use utorrent, due to the small footprint.

19. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT

Use this thread to set up µTorrent correctly for the best speed.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=198479

Watcher

20. Food

Food Banned

GPU:
    MSI 8800GTX 768MB
    uTorrent 1.60 rocks. highly recommended.