Movies Discussion

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by hallryu, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    John Carter (2012)

[​IMG]

Rating: 3/10

Incomprehensible plot, boring actions, wooden characters/acting.

Just save yourself two hours of your life and skip this.

2. bLinkZor

bLinkZor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW SLI
    [​IMG]

Rating: 10/10

This is one of my favorite movies! So much scenes to quote from.

3. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    By quality, you mean image or the content that was cut from it? the image quality is pretty good for a 27 year old movie thats been remastered for blu-ray. i watched the theatrical release first, then watch the driectors cut. the directors cut id by far the better of the 2 because it has all those deleted scenes in it.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    i laughed my ass off throughout that movie. brad pitt is funny as f*ck

5. Azarobi

Azarobi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870
    The Hunger Games

[​IMG]

Rating - 6/10

First off, I didnt know the movie would be that long (its 2Hrs 20 mins). Secondly for you to sit in a theatre for that long, the movie should have you glued to your seats. It does not do that. I kept looking at my watch for it to end. And yet it could have been so much better !!! The direction of the movie looks like the director was actually bored while making it and did not put in much effort. and it shows. The movie is dull and dreary. I would rather have read the series.

6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    ROBOTJOX (1990)

epic :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    9/10

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Machine Gun Preacher

[​IMG]

10/10

I went in thinking this movie was going to suck. It turns out I was wrong. It's one of the best movies I have seen in a long time.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  8. Azarobi

Azarobi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870
    Battleship

[​IMG]

7.5/10

I just loved it. Great action, good acting and some good laughs. There is never a dull moment. gives you your moneys worth. Recommended.

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  9. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    entertaining indeed
    "do you like dags"

10. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Watched Chronicle yesterday.

Didn't really exceed my expectations, which werent high at all.
    It's an ok movie, fun to watch with a few buddies and a cold one, nothing too fancy.

The movie starts off rather slow, giving some insight into the characters background.
    It drags a bit until the finale, which is kinda over-the-top, even for this movie's standards.

Overall an enjoyable experience, just don't expect to see something truly unique.

11. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    The Woman iN Black (2012)

[​IMG]

i hate remakes!!!

i've owned the original 1989 version which was made for TV for like 10 years now and remains an absolute classic, the new one got CGI and Daniel Crapcliffe, it sucks.

avoid and watch the original!

1/10

12. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Ted

The official trailer for Seth MacFarlane's "Ted" starring Mark Wahlberg (John), Mila Kunis (Lori) and Seth MacFarlane (Guy). John brings his childhood teddy bear to life with a wish and must deal with the consequences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxKfC77XAp8&feature=youtu.be

This looks pretty funny

13. Poison

Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 12gb
    [​IMG]
    9/10
    good movie

14. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Battleship (2012)

[​IMG]

Rating: 1.5/10

There are very few times that I walk out of a movie feeling overjoyed at the time spent watching it, this was the complete opposite; I actually felt kind of violated.

The movie has some of the biggest plot holes I have ever seen in any film. I can turn off my thinking brain for some movies, but don't push it into "IQ of 15" territory. How the hell did they the millions needed to produce this movie? Even Skyline was a better alien invasion flick, and that was pretty low.

The action is plain old boring and completely idiotic... hell, the entire movie is nonsensical.

So the aliens can see the ships just fine and target them with super advance weapons, but suddenly half way in the movie they turn into super short line-of-sight spacefaring ships?

And the million times they didn't kill any of the main characters was beyond insulting to the audience.

I want the two hours of my life back. Please, on principle, don't watch this and give them money and incentive to make more sh!t films like this.

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  15. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Snow White and the Huntsman

[​IMG]

Went and saw this with the wife Saturday. She liked it which is odd, because she rarely like anything these days. I thought I was pretty good and it wasnt the bore fest I thought it was going to be. Charlize Theron played the evil queen perfectly. But she should stick to roles that don't require her to fake an english accent. It's that bad. :D The other 2 did an ok job in their roles. Its was weird hearing Chris Hemsworth talk though, then I remembered he's from Australia.

7/10

The Cabin in the Woods

[​IMG]

Pretty good imo. Typical horror movie is typical. I wasn't expecting much, but got my monies worth. Will add this to my blu-ray collection when it comes out.

6/10

Safe House

[​IMG]

Got this yesterday on blu-ray. I thought it was really good. Lots of bullets and destruction are a win in my book. Denzel Washington did a remarkable job in this movie. As for Ryan Reynolds, I can't take him seriously anymore after the hot mess that was Green Lantern.

9/10

16. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    went to see prometheous at the weekend. visually impressive, but the movie its self is a load of bollox. i hate myself for saying it because im one of the biggest alian fans on earth (probably lol). i thought it was going to be so good. it was nearly as dissapointing as bf3.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Saw The Guard today... haven't laughed so hard in a while, Brendan Gleeson is awesome. :banana:

[​IMG]

18. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    I didnt even realize a 9th one came out...

[​IMG]

And no, doug bradley is not pinhead in this one which just kills me. Is it just me or does the boxart look like pinhead is takin a huge duece? I picked it up on bluray.....I really didnt want to, especially after watching it, but I needed to finish my collection.

The acting was horrid, the script was horrid, the story was terrible....its better than alot of other B horror flicks but the only way I can recommend this to anyone is if you are already a Hellraiser fan. It was worth seeing simply for that reason alone.

Non Hellraiser Fan or non Horror Fan- 2/10
    Hellraiser Fan -5/10 (7 and 8 are probably still better haha).

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That piece of sh!t movie was thrown together in less than 2 weeks because The Weinstein Company was about to loose their rights to the franchise. So in order to keep it, they made that hot mess. I wouldn't even consider this a true sequel to the franchise. Some UK mag did an interview last year with Clive Barker and Doug Bradley and this movie came up. Clive Barker threw a sh!t fit over it and Doug Bradley called it an ashcan copy. I lol'd when I read it.

Now there is a Reboot/Remake in the works which Clive Barker has a script turned in already. It's more of a prequel than anything really. From what I have read on it, it will focus on Frank Cotton's side of the story. No word if Doug Bradley will reprise his role, but I'm pretty sure he will.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  20. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Yeah, Clive Barker even said that even his butthole didnt have anything to do with that movie ROFL.