Issue installing drivers > 13.6 Beta2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Prasad007, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Are AHCI drivers any different to Intel RST drivers, for I did try to update those to version 11.6.0.1030 as pato advised, but the system responded that I already have a later version installed. However, the latest RST driver version available on the intel site is version 12.8.0.1016, but I didn't risk installing it since it is not yet endorsed on the Dell site. Should I upgrade anyway? Specially, when I am not even getting the error any longer? It just occurred on the first restart after update to catalyst 13.9 WHQL. And one more thing, is an upgrade to catalyst 13.10 beta advisable or is 13.9 WHQL still the best bet? Thank you!

2. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Updating it might decrease the boot time, and increase performance for SSD.
    So if you are HDD, I think there are no need to update, and Intel RST also support laptop without any issues, so far I update 5+ times without any issues.
    (They has a good way to remove their driver from Driver Store)

From what's I know, many people found out 13.9 WHQL is getting much higher FPS than 13.10 beta, I don't get any information for 13.10 beta 2 yet.

PS:For AHCI driver, I means IRST.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  3. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    Leave it if the error doesn't anymore appear. You can also stay on 13.9. Once Battlefield 4 is out, move to the latest version though ;)
    The current 13.10 betas have a few improvements for "smoother" gameplay (frame pacing), but it's not yet working with all games.