So who's getting Titan Fall?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Serotonin, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    This is the first FPS I have ever played in my life that I enjoyed more with a controller.

I tried the beta on PC, and quickly dismissed it for it's subpar graphics.

Then I tried the open beta on Xbox One, I was extremely surprised at how well I enjoyed it with a controller and even more, how fun the game was once I gave it a chance and put the graphics wh0re in me to the side.

So I plan to purchase tomorrow when it arrives and was just wondering who else is getting in on it? Maybe we can exchange gamer tags and make a guru 3D team? :cheers:

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    You could play the PC beta with an Xbox 360 controller as that's how I played it. You don't need to pay more for the inferior Xbox One version (792p resolution, framerate issues, screen tearing, long loading times, etc.) to play the game with a controller. Do yourself a favour and buy it for the PC.

Not that I will be buying it myself. I only tried the beta out of curiosity as competitive online multiplayer isn't my thing; it's just too repetitive to hold my interest, I'm afraid. However, I do like the idea of playing a story-driven FPS with mechs and parkour though so it's all the more disappointing that the game doesn't have a proper fleshed campaign mode for solo players like myself.

3. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Re spawn already announced it will be updated to 1080P in a few weeks. Plus with DX12 announced for the Xbox one things are going to change. Resolution isn't everything, but for those who like to whine about it DX12 will bring it fruition. MS had a secret weapon in its arsenal.

Will I be getting it, absolutely. Digitally tonight at midnight. The game kicks ass period. X1 already sold 1 million units in a couple of weeks, believe the hype See ya in game man!!

4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well you can do that, but then you'll have to face other players with KB+M combo and sure enough they will come on top of you. I enjoy single player FPSs with my wireless Xbox360 controller, but I'm not going to online with it. On the other hand I do play Killzone 3 MP and enjoy it. It is quite nice when you know that everyone has the same hardware and if you lose it is because you suck, not because someone has a better mouse or fps or whatnot. So I can agree with the OP that if he enjoys playing with controller maybe the console version is better for him.
    Back on topic - the game looks nice, but I don't have or plan on getting an Xbone and my PC can't handle it. Even if it could I still would not play it for a few reasons - Origin, EA and that the price over time will not be justified for me, because I'm sure I'll get bored with it pretty fast. I like the occasional MP FPS, but I'm not the kind of guy to invest days and months into one.

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ill wait for the feedback in the thread before i purchase, making sure dont come across another BF4.

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Possible buy when it's on sale, big 75% off type sale mind you, and seeing as it's origin that sale price should be about £49.99. lol

7. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    looks ok but nothing special that will make me wanna buy it now.we c how it goes

8. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I've been living under a rock, what's this dx12 stuff about in regards to xbox one? Can't the ps4 also get dx12 since it's also x86 based?

9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    The PC version, other than adjustable FOV and resolution is just as flawed as the xbone version. I'd rather get it on X1, play it on my big screen and lay on my couch. http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/17225/20140311/titanfall-pc-xbox-one.htm

10. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    Was gona ignore xbox one till halo 5 .but if respawn disable all the aa (yes including fxaa)AF ,and respawn ask ms for pointer for 1080 on xbox one?dam I might have to buy an xb1 an titanfall.(since I doubt respawn will do this ,its a safe bet I ll have to not spend the money

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014

11. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    DX 12 isn't relevant for xbox one!it already is like dx12(or so the web wispers say!

12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I was just wondering in regards to compatibility, how dx12 would work with the hardware under the hood of an xbox one, unless it's something they planned on doing from the start - that would mean AMD produced a different GPU for them vs. PS4

I mean, 360 never got new api's..of course I don't think 360 used direct X, so maybe that's the difference now.

13. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Many articles on the net on this, but here is but one I read that got me interested in what is to come. http://gamingbolt.com/dx12-may-allo...ender-ray-tracing-superfog-and-custom-effects - This is going to be the X1's Secret Sauce!!!

As for Titanfall, it kicks ass. Nuff said!!!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  14. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    yay the xb1 gets blast processing lol

15. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Xbone does what Nintendont :banana:

16. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I'm enjoying it so far - I think.

The problem is, this is the first FPS I've ever played on a console. I feel like a helpless child while everyone seems to already be a master of the controls.

I have to stop, concentrate and slowly position my crosshair to get a kill. Just having a hell of a time adjusting to thumbsticks.

If you see my name on your team roster - quit to lobby, ASAP! haha

17. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    LOL.. It does take some time to master. Don't forget (if you didn't already), to update your controllers as that improves things a bit stick wise. See ya on the battlefield.

18. BABA-The Hacker

BABA-The Hacker Banned

GPU:
    PALIT GTX770 OC 2GB
    Lack of PC titles.....nowadays.....

Where's GABE.N?? :eyebrows:

19. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    Sorry !me next gen is 1920x1080 .I don't care if it is interlaced or progressive,and they can disable as,fxaa,AF, etc etc .they aren't required for awesome graphic,but proper color profile and 1920x1080 are not negotiable !those two are required otherwise one false move and all look awfull

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!

XB1.... rendering ray tracing.... HAHAHAHAHA!

At what resolution 240p??

Also, XB1 already uses its own variant of DX11 but not DX12 and it probably never will.

Honestly, think about it. They got hammered in the PR for XB1 by Sony. If they had ANY secret weapon they would have pulled it out their hat faster than a bullet!

Also you think that even if Microsoft release DX12 for XB1 that it will change current games?? Maybe if they patch them but then that could cause issues with games and it takes time and money.

Honestly even if this happens do not expect the XB1 to be rendering ray tracing any time soon, that honestly gave me a giggle though.

Oh and whoever asked, PS4 does not, and will not even use any version of DIRECTX. That is a microsoft technology locked to their devices and software. PS4 uses its own variant based off of OpenGL.