AMD Enduro, AMD Response Help

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by hulawafu77, Aug 8, 2012.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I believe the Guy was responding to my comment. Kinda noob mistake though

2. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Looks like someone quoted my post on multiple forums :p (NBR and AMD Game Forums).

Finally we are getting AMD's attention:
    http://forums.amd.com/game/textthread.cfm?catid=428&threadid=160494&filtmsgid=1288840

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Funny how some people make sweeping statements about things based only on their own experience (or lack of it). Another noob mistake. :D

FYI Tony-the-noob-boy, I checked the NBR thread regarding said GPU issue and it contains 126 posts.

So obviously there is a problem...so run along kthxbye. ;)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  4. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    So a forum mod who doesn't know anything says AMD is aware and looking to fix it. Is anyone satisfied with that?

5. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Looks like he wasn't bluffing...
    http://twitter.com/CatalystCreator/status/233676401792925696

6. TrantaLocked

TrantaLocked Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 7970M 2GB
    Hulawafu77 I appreciate your passion in spreading the word, but it's probably true what the mod said. It isn't like AMD said "we are going to limit our mobile cards and try to piss off our customers with Enduro." No one likely knows EXACTLY what the root problem is at this point, and knowing that AMD is investigating is some good info.

7. popeye

popeye Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
  8. MeNtAl_DaRkNeSs

MeNtAl_DaRkNeSs New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090 24G
    Hi ppl,
    Does anyone have news about this subject?

Thank you,
    Best Regards to all

9. popeye

popeye Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    I think you'll have to give it more than a few days (work days) and could even take a week or two with their best people on it.

Bottom line is at least they are very aware of the problem and working it. Stay tuned.

10. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    This is what I'm talking about. Got interested in trying out RaiderZ, from a TotalBiscuit WTF review. RaiderZ looks to be DX9 to me, and yet I can't crank out decent framerate with a 7970M, the flagship, best AMD has to offer for mobile, 7870 desktop equivalent, nearly Ghz edition overclock on it...

[​IMG]

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Ugh, I can't even get my 7970m to be used in programs anymore, the "switchable graphics" crap doesn't save my settings or even do anything.

Uninstall, reinstall, uninstall, reinstall.

12. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    That's right... Probably -TK- has never been on Nvidia Forums... Otherwise he would be aware of some epic battles :p

How long this issue publicly exists? The worst is, we are very limited; we don't have options. Only 2 main GPU vendors, only 2 main CPU vendors etc. They've the power.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  13. popeye

popeye Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GT 730M
    I honestly believe AMD is soiling their panties on this one. It would be an epic fail if they don't get it straightened out. That is why I have some faith they will get it working right.

This is the major problem with AMD allowing manufacturers to modify AMD drivers and write BIOS which locks out basic functions of AMD core drivers.

I speak from experience. My laptop was crap until I found a modified BIOS which allows me to choose my GPU. Acer locked the BIOS to where the software crap was my only option.

Allow me to clarify. I still use software (CCC) to choose my GPU but it is locked once I choose. It is not the software (CCC) selectively choosing the GPU based on GPU demand. Make sense?

This is going to take AMD forcing manufacturers to unlock their BIOS. We can hope.

Yes, there are things that can totally trash a system with unlocked BIOS if people screw around with it. Guess I'm saying at least unlock the GPU settings to where a switchable system can really be switchable by the user.

I haven't touched any of the other settings in my unlocked BIOS other than the ones I was told would allow GPU switching. Why mess with what works?

14. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    AMD? Is that you?

So AMD is investigating. The fix will be on the next generation. Enjoy your hobbled laptop, it will be obsolete before AMD finds a fix for you guys. Just look at their track record.

15. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    things are only obsolete if your personal needs arent fulfilled

16. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    I love this man. :)

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Playing games is part of my personal needs :[

12.8 might fix it, but I have little hope.

18. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    well it was a reply to darthelvis, the games will still be around when things are fixed unless they're small mp communities like section8 or something

19. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    And he will need to buy another laptop to play them because they can't or won't fix the current one.

20. TrantaLocked

TrantaLocked Member

GPU:
    AMD HD 7970M 2GB