Iphone4s and WP7

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Barry J, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    my wife has iphone 4s 16gb work phone and a nokia lumia windows phone she uses both a lot. i asked her which is best to use everyday she said the windows phone is easier to use and its quicker (that suprised me)she said iphone has a nicer screen.

she wants her work to change her iphone 4s to a windows phone.

was going to upgrade next month to an iphone after using both of my wifes phones i am going to get a nokia lumia. pleased got to try iphone it is a nice phone but was expecting it to be a much better phone

main use for phone emailing, texting, phoning ,photos, internet searching

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    good choice. i've been using a windows phone for 7 months now and its by far the best phone i've ever used. not a lot of apps for it yet but the marketplace is growing more everyday.

3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    gross windows 7 phone..

4. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    I switched from iPhone to Nokia in December, in my opinion the WP7 platform, despite generally having inferior hardware capabilities, is faster than iOS in many things, it's very well integrated to social media and I don't have to open up sluggish facebook or twitter apps if I want to check in or share a picture or otherwise see what's happening. The only thing that bugs me at the moment is the marketplace, it's kind of dead compared to the app store.

5. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super

checked out marketplace on my wifes phone lumia there seemed to be a lot of apps lots of free games and other apps 100% will get windows phone the more i try her phone the more i want one did not enjoy iphone felt heavy and not as nice to hold in your hand

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    The more I see Lumias out there, the more I want one. I am waiting for WP8, though.

7. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    The great thing about what's happening in the market is that we're getting more and more choices which is a win for the consumer... unlike the PC market where everyone is forced to use Windows or a Mac these days.

Personally, there's no mobile OS better than Android out there for all the things you can do and with Android 4.0 it's absolutely fluid.

Great that you have found a great new phone and hope you enjoy it.

Cheers,
    deltatux

8. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Using a Windows Phone 7 (LG Optimus 7) since last October, absolutely loving it. Coming from Android, I can't say I feel limited at all.

If I lived on the States I'd definitely upgrade to a Lumia 900, it's an amazing deal right now.

BTW, all Windows Phones will be upgraded to Apollo (Windows Phone 8).

9. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    Where did you hear about this?

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    have to agree, just installed D4 rom on my sgs2, based on cm9, absolutely amazing rom, the phone is so snappy I highly recommend it to everyone. I've tried a Lumia that my mate has, it's really responsive too, but I don't like the UI personally. but to each their own.

11. GloryMoon

GloryMoon Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5870
    Actually, from what I know so far, all WP7 can be upgraded to WP8. I'm planning to get the Lumia 900. lol:wanker:

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Microsoft stated that every WP based smart phone will receive at least 1 major OS upgrade (such as WP7 to WP8) free of charge.

13. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Agree was useing a android 4.0 phone, when I tried out the wp7 I said bye bye to android forever. Atleast for me wp7 is a far superior os

14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Been using a WP7 since last year too.
    Android has more free apps, but meh, most of them only are to entertain people.

15. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    I am personally waiting for WP8 to see how it fares before I upgrade. Love the simplistic interface of WP and its use. Currently using my backup phone more than my Galaxy S 4g because my HD2 has an ICS Rom for it. XD

Last edited: May 9, 2012