need help to root and install custom ROM

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by W@w@Y, Feb 15, 2013.

1. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    This is why a case would have helped. Gorilla Glass is great but it isn't invincible, the case would have absorbed the shock.

Time to get a new device? (repairing the screen will cost as much as a new device)

deltatux

2. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    A second hand one x costs S$420,repairing the screen only costs S$240 .so im having it ixed.lessob learned though so I'm buying either an otterbox or casematevifvivcan findvone

3. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    Still quite expensive though.for $240 i can buy a used htc one sv lol

4. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
    Damn, that's no good. I'm surprised that the repalcement screen is so expensive, i think they go for $80 - $100 oevr here.

But yeah a good case & screen protector are a must

5. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    I guess labor costs as much as the replacement hence the cost. I had to pay S$100 deposit so they could order the replacement screen from HTC then the S$140 balance when they fix the phone in a week or so

6. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Are you having HTC to repair it for you? If not, depending on the quality of the repair job, you may lose the original adhesive. This may be bad in the long run if the adhesive that glues the screen to the chassis start becoming lose as air or water may seep between the screen and chassis. That may cause problems in the future.

If you look at the Galaxy S 3 screen repair videos, you can see what I mean. Plus, if it's glued the way Samsung did it with what essentially is super glue, it will be a very dangerous job as you'll have to shatter the rest of the screen and scrape off the glass to get it off.

deltatux

7. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    Im having it repaired by a shop that looks professional ( at least to me) in handling repairs. Hopefully they do a good job.they are about as expensive as HTC and they specialize vin repairs

8. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
    Good luck, hope it all goes well. Did they give you an ETA on how long it would take?

9. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    Screen takes 1 week to order,installation takes about an hour.so now im in the hunt for a casemate tough or otterbox commuter

10. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
    Both good choices (personally I like the otterbox), given you have a week or so to wait, should be easy enough to order one online and have it shipped.