Calling all benchers

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by cowie, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Congrats on making the top 5 dude, thats great!! I think I'm about 54th lol

I haven't been able to beat your score :( my system powered itself down when I went for 4.9GHz @ 1.545v decided it was time to give it a rest lol

I came so close though!!

[​IMG]

I shall return for round 2 on boxing day if I get time, then I'm coming for your 3dmark06 score ;)

2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    good going you guys keep it up.

yo matt for 05 you can hit Esc button when done with the first 3 tests you will still get the same score dont bother with the cpu tests at all.
    And wow thats alot of vcore for that speed....you sure you need it?
    I roll on the same board but best thing to do is use GTL app to overclock in windows
    so just boot with low clocks/vcore and use GIGABYTE TweakLauncher program in windows
    found here
    http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/Utility.aspx?cg=2

3. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Thanks, I'm sure you'll be moving up pretty quickly now. :)

There's a some decent tips above from cowie, also for 3dmark06 it's all CPU and it makes very good use of hyper threading so you'll have to try to keep your CPU equal or faster than what I had mine at. You also have faster memory and should make use of that or tighter memory timings in the cpu dependant benches.

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Stuff like the os,drivers and tweaks like lod will have a decent impact on scores so try some out :)

I think he has only 4c no ht but he may still get a decent score with a high enough clock.

I just got a bunch of dice since i got a few things i want to test but it has to wait till i get a chance.
    I really want to get some vantage in with my 680/3930k combo,the lod tweak is a killer in gt2 for nv.
    3930k 4.8 sli 680 @1430 = 70K gpu score in testing yesterday thats over 6k the last time i ran it with the cpu 5.3.

5. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Cheers Cowie, I had no idea that the CPU tests in 05 didn't contribute to the overall score. I've also downloaded Gigabyte TweakIt, I used to have Asus TurboV on my old X58 board, that was very useful, its what got me my 4600Mhz CPUz Validation on my i7 930.

So I'll try booting in a lower clocks and volts and upping when I'm in windows, since I'm running the Pro version of 05 I could just de select the CPU tests and that would be the same as hitting Esc during the benchmark? Hopefully this will be much easier as I've run this bench and found that it crashes mostly on the CPU tests so I up the Vcore to compensate, hopefully now I can achieve the same scores with much lower Vcore :)

I hope so, really close to hitting 100 Points too! My goal it to get into Guru3D top 10, then top 5 @ Guru, may need to invest in a benching rig with a few old graphics for that though.

I'm tempted to run 06 right now with one 6950 and 4.5Ghz CPU just to see what it turns out, give me an idea of how far behind you I'll be, think I'll give that ago now :)

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Yeah that what i was thinking you had to do. 1.4ish should run to your cooler max .
    its GIGABYTE TweakLauncher that i use tweakit is asus i think :)

Its not bad on the 7970 but w7 kills you on the dx9 benches with other cards,06 is way off xp scores.
    If you could get better scores at the speeds you are running with "little tweaks and stuff" you will get more efficient and better at it.
    It will help you most for benching points
    It aint easy to get good points with old hardware :)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  7. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Yeah thats the one TweakLauncher, I just used it, great little piece of software :) cheers

I just did a run on a single 6950

[​IMG]

Not bad, I think I can get closer to BZ's score of 33937 :)

Right thats def me done for the night, I need to turn in.

Happy Xmas fella's :)

8. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Matt

Hope you have been enjoying the holidays :)

Cowie

How do you get heaven basic dx9 to run? I remember using a trick in the past.

Edit:

I think I found the fix. Looks like it might have had something to do with not having motherboard audio enabled.

Edit2:

No, that was just a random occasion where it ran. Still will not run normally.

Edit3:

Looks like enabling motherboard HD audio is the only way to get it to run.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
  9. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Glad you got it worked out
    Keep it up man your doing good

10. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    New Single 6950 Score for 3dMark05

[​IMG]

New CF 6950 Score for 3dMark05, even picked up global points, 0.2 but don't normally get anything there lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012

11. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    My Best 3dMark06 Score, not enough to beat BZ on this one. Don't think pushing to 4.9GHz would help either :(

Uploaded to the bot and scored 1point for Hardware Points.

[​IMG]

12. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    New 3dMark11 P Score, not much more than my previous, however scored me more Hardware points.

Single 6950

[​IMG]

Is the fact that I'm not running a HT enabled chip holding me back here? I noticed my Physics scores are much lower than those with HT

13. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

It's reducing the score somewhat but not really holding you back significantly as 3dmark 11 doesn't benefit that much from a high physics score. It's only when your GPU score goes above your physics score that you know you are being bottlenecked severely.

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Not really since they are two separate tests...physics score is only for the CPU and memory while the graphics score is the GPU.

15. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

While trying not to be too subjective, I was referring only to the overall 3dmark 11 score being limited here.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Yep, but I was referring to the second part of your post...:)

17. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I'm not entirely sure we are on the same page, so my apologies if I have misunderstood, but once your individual GPU score becomes significantly higher than the physics score your overall score increases will also start to diminish, relatively.

18. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Really? I didn't know that...

19. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Yes, as long as your CPU scores are higher than the GPU score your overall score will mostly stay very close to your GPU score, but if this changes any increases in GPU score will not reflect as much in the overall score.

For e.g.

I can get my Physics score to around 11.5k with my current CPU, at this point if I have a GPU score of 10k then my overall score is also close to 10k, if I then improve on my GPU score to around 12k the overall score will also be just under 12k.

However, If I start to push past 12k the improvements in overall score start to diminish significantly, to the point that even when scoring over 15k GPU score I would end up with an overall score of around 13.5k, or so.

20. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Yes thats right bz,just as running on sb or ib will boost your gpu score over a x79 rig.
    Of coarse the overall score may be better on x79 but not always.

Getting to my 7980 this weekend on dx9 and the cat 12's i hope it has improvement over the 11 cats in dx9 benches