PC Freeze random

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by wellison, Apr 1, 2013.

1. wellison

wellison Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 ASUS Strix 4gb
    Well folks, I recently Given an upgrade on my Pc, I put the FX 8320 processor, an AMD 7950 3GB and recently Purchased a 1500VA APC UPS that i bought used in mercadolibre

After a few days Began to give some kind escrotas locked the screen freezes and the sound BRRRRZZZZZ noise. Only back to work if I turn off all totalmete the PC, the retreat from the power cable and the cable will supply power That retreat to the CPU (12v) When I do have to wait a few seconds to reconnect. Sometimes I have to reset the CMOS by jumper.
    Also I noticed That Fought happens ta Sometimes When my pc and I put it aside and slowly in the usual way on foot sometimes it crashes too.

Sometimes it works normal for 1 or 2 days time to catch a few hours or minutes, regardless if I play or just to sailing on the pc without doing any activity.

I already did several tests, let the clocks of the CPU and GPU by default (in overclocking) Already tried without using the UPS (thought he was the villain) but so far nothing.
    Something That I found very strange That sometimes use the headphone and makes a noise when i speak at zuuuuuummmmm teamspeak Also noticed that. Also use the control Aimon XB Elite it is wireless and it feels That this type giving a tilt control only That Simulates the keyboard on the mouse does not tilt.
    I checked the temperatures are ok Cpu is only 55 and does not pass the GPU 70 º.
    That source despite being strong 700w is not cool or motherboard That farewell? I think the UPS may have spent some current or Have Been passed before I use it and damaged the source is this possible?

My system:

Motherboard: ASUS M4AGTDPRO/USB3
    CPU: AMD FX-8320 + Corsair A50 CPU Cooler
    VGA: AMD MSI 7950 Frozr 3GB Twind
    Memory: 4GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR 1 comb 1600 1.65v, 1 comb 4GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1600 1.50v
    SOURCE: OCZ 700w OCZ700SXS2
    HD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB SSD: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM
    UPS APC 1500VA

sorry 4 the bad english

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Try one stick of ram at a time - and what's your memory voltage?

Btw your post makes almost no sense, are you using Google Translate?

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    He's assuredly using Google translate, lol. With that said, try plugging the PC into the wall instead of the UPS to rule that out first.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    He did that......

5. wellison

wellison Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 ASUS Strix 4gb
    sorry i used google sucks translate.

I already used one stick memory each time, and already used without UPS cable in the wall but no sucess

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    So it still crashes with only 1 stick at a time installed? I'm asking as you have mismatched ram.

the next thing to check would be the PSU, how old is it?

Also that motherboard doesn't officially support 8320 according to ASUS website.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  7. wellison

wellison Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 ASUS Strix 4gb
    yes im using 3029 bios, and already tested 1 stick mem ram at a time installed

8. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Did not read the whole thing. But it's most likely the PSU then.

9. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    ...made it through, lol

Just to recap:

You’ve tried clearing the CMOS after the upgrades, one stick of RAM installed on its own, removed the UPS and have the most up-to-date BIOS.

Couple of things to tri:

Check all cabling, disconnect and re-connect everything.
    Remove the video card and reset it, could also try the same with the CPU.

Check Event Viewer for errors and \windows\minidump for .dmp files.

Also, do you still have your old video card and CPU? If you do, you could try swapping each one out for the old one and test... do you have another PSU to test with?

10. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Ummm, he's inserting an AM3+ chip into an AM3 motherboard? I think it's the fact that the CPU isn't supported.

Even the Bulldozer chips listed there are in "beta" support which means that there's preliminary support but they could just fail to work with the board.

AMD has stated that AM3 motherboards cannot support AM3+ chips and is not supported by AMD. For some reason motherboard manufacturers still went ahead with trying to "solve" the issue by applying a new BIOS even though it's not 100% electrically compatible.

I'd replace the motherboard with something that is compatible.

deltatux

11. wellison

wellison Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 ASUS Strix 4gb
    Thanks for the tips guys, and I understand that the motherboard supports the CPU FX8320 only in 3029 or 3030 beta bios from Asus. But I already use this processor in M4aGTDPRO ha but 2 months and always worked normal.
    I bought yesterday a new source of Corsair 600wats but to no avail.
    I already tried now 1 memory stick at a time was to no avail, I've tried removing the UPS only your computer and monitor on and also without success.
    I'm trying now without my Seagate 1TB HD I use it to store data it already has over 2 years of use. On C: drive I use an OCZ Vertex 3 SSD for Windows and system.
    Anyone out there have any other suggestions? Sera that I have even change the motherboard?
    I will be very happy if someone help me, thanks

12. Pat2112

Pat2112 Guest

GPU:
    Not worth mentioning...
    Try to start the system in safe mode and check the event viewer. I'd be willing to bet it's a compatibility issue with your mobo/CPU combo, but it's worth a shot. Could be a bad driver or a conflict of some kind, or even fault hardware making the OS hang.

Are you able to use the BIOS menu without issue?

13. wellison

wellison Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 ASUS Strix 4gb

Yes i can use the bios, I´ve formated my PC 2 times already. Today i dissassembled every part to do a clean and remounted again. And i switched my wall socket and purchased a new strip.
    Doing some testings now