i7 990 or i7 3930

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by The Goose, Apr 26, 2012.

1. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    the reason i mentioned reliability is because after reading so many peoples reviews and comments about ssd drives i think the proportion of people having problems compared to those that dont is too high,but that doesnt apply to the revo because ive not found many reviews on them but they are expensive and in my opinion not needed for a gaming system,

perhaps if i were still using a 7200rpm boot drive then ssd would be worth it but atm 10,000rpm gives me enough speed to not need ssd at this time,recently i had a chat with someone while playing online and he tried ssds but had a lot of bad luck with them,he rma`d 3 drives all within a few months and then went back to hhd drives,i have watched utube vids of peoples start up times but unless it would improve my time from start to bios for an extra few seconds off my current cold boot time i dont find very important when my system is most of the time either on or in standby,

maybe in a few months when i have my money from claiming my unpaid pages and back pay etc(£6000) then i night reconsider the revo but a 480g drive for £900 isnt a priority

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I would just stick with what you have and upgrade your gpu,i wouldnt spend any money on a new cpu or mobo,id wait for haswell for a more worthwhile upgrade to x58.

You aint gonna notice anything in gaming if you do upgrade your mobo and cpu,all that money wasted,go buy a gpu and be done with it,put your money away for something better than SB and IB etc.

3. Gripen90

Gripen90 Guest

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    Upgrading that system really seems like at waste.
    I'd go for GTX 680 single or sli to boost gaming performance....nothing else.

4. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    ^ Agreed

5. Azarobi

Azarobi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870
    This.

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Agreed squared.
    Or wait for the GK110/112 card and just get that.