Nvidia and partners launch GeForce GT 730

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The new NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 dedicated card has been released, this uber-low-budget card comes packed with 384 shader processor cores and will be available in 1 and 2GB versions. be careful though a...

Nvidia and partners launch GeForce GT 730

2. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    Whats the point really? it's PCI express so has to be a half decent PC, and with it having a 64bit memory interface i can't see it being any better then what the APU's offer since they use 64bit x2 interface.

3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Well it's low end junk... as Linus would say. It makes no sense buying this, but for NVIDIA it makes no sense throwing away chips.

These products are a complete waste of money as an IGP is more powerfull.

4. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti
    Better Option - Buy an Alienware LAPTOP....
    They are much, much, much faster than one GT730....
    They even include GTX780M SLi which has 1536 Cores

5. maize1951

maize1951 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 8GB
    Probably OK for an HTPC, but then again you could use an APU based system and save money.

6. BedantP

BedantP Guest

GPU:
    1660Ti
    Totally Agreed.
    If you are a hollywood fan get it!
    If you are a gamer then "Who the hell put this in Guru3D?????"
    "APUs definitely rock" -Said by the person who bought this so called GPU

P.S. Hilbert, your Profile pic looks funny, can you describe whats there in the picture?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  7. maize1951

maize1951 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 8GB
    BedantP, it looks like the Swedish chef from the Muppets, probably means Hilbert is an really bad cook. LOL

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Are these rebranded Kepler GPUs? The only thing I can find on these are the mobile variants and those are rebrands.

9. Enticles

Enticles Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070ti
    probably only decent market for it is people who need to attach additional monitors to their system, and dont want to fork out for anything more than absolutely necessary.

other than that, it's a waste of materials.

10. viliu24

viliu24 Guest

GPU:
    vtx3d 7970 / 16gb ram
    well , tbh the only "utility" i can find is to use it as a secondary card for physx if is realy cheap.. It has low power consumption , low heat.. so for this it would be fine if you intend to buy a card only for this

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Not gonna happen as PhysX card.

580 needs 560(ti)
    680 needs 660(ti)
    780 needs 760(ti)

Any lower and the performance drops in PhysX Games.

A dedicated PhysX Card works like a CPU + GPU Combo, you need to match them or else you will Bottleneck.

12. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    these dont look all that bad put a pentium K and one of these in an htpc and it should be ok but u may as well get an apu then

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    actually physx needs a fast memory bus, 384core GK107 is more then enough.

Something like 740GT 1gb gddr5 (80gb/s) low profile would be ideal.
    http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-740/specifications

ie what a 640gt can do.. similar to 730gt gddr5 with 40gb/s

http://1pcent.com/?p=135

or here with a 650gtx which is basically a 740GT with lower power and low profile

http://volnapc.com/how-much-difference-does-a-dedicated-physx-card-make

http://forums.evga.com/PhysX-PPU-GPU-Shoot-Out-GT-640-GTX-650-GTX-650-Ti-and-GTX-680-m1768879.aspx

14. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    These low ends things are still perfect for the older desktops from 2005 onward (or anything with a PCIE slot) where you just need a somewhat modern video card to get the system going. With video playback acceleration with Flash and the like- they actually do make a difference for older rigs.

The GK208/DDR3 model only draws around 23 watts so I bet they'll make a PCI version of it. http://www.cpu-world.com/news_2014/2014061801_NVidia_Introduces_GeForce_GT_730.html

15. Goose

Goose Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Hybrid (+ GT745)
    Batman: AA liked my GT640 in the benchmark; Batman: AC hates it … :3eyes:

16. benq

benq Guest

GPU:
    For home users is OK

17. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Well in that case, the Zotac Fanless ones would be cool :)

But the only cool PhysX Game i ever player was Alice Madness Returns. So it;s not really worth getting a dedicated PhysX Card the coming 10 years.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah, imo single GK110 or GK104 is more then enough for anything, physx3 is only getting better so it doesn't really need a dedicated gpu anymore and good so. :)

19. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Maybe it have been said, but just in case:

- GT 730 1-2Go GDDR5 = GT 630 ( Kepler ) ( first with no change, second with only higher core speed using both the 630 allready existing version ...

- GT 730 1Go DDR3 = GT 430 ( Fermi ) ( yes its true this is one is 4 years old )

I dont think anyone is after this type of gpu, but if this is the case, watch well what is inside ( numbers of core, bus and memory ) as the 3 versions are way different ( 96 to 384 cores + different bus memory version along the older version of architecture )

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  20. swing848

swing848 Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Lightning
    I was checking this card out for a friend, even though I knew it was trash for gaming, which is what he wanted it for. He plays World of Tanks. I did a search for GeForce GT 730 2GB World of Tanks and this review from guru3d came up. There is no way in he-double-L this card can play WoT.

My son has a GT 670 ti and played WoT with it, however, WoT graphics are very demanding on a video card if all the game "eye candy" is turned on.

My friend that plays WoT has an old video card, I put a different one [of mine] in his computer and he said it was worse - there were so many new things he can see that were not there before - trees, bushes and so on. I told him that he would get used to it.

In any event, I like at least SOME eye candy turned on, it adds enjoyment to FPS games. After a game starts I do not care if the leaves on trees or grass sway with the wind - I concentrate on killing the other guy and staying alive, however, I want to see everything else. The same with Flight Simulator X, I want to see all the "pretties" that maxing out FSX settings and Ground Environment X [GEX] and Ultimate Terrain X [UTX] add.

There is no way the GT 730 is a gaming card, unless you still play games from 1997, or minecraft ...