Playstation Orbis? Rumors of the new Sony console have surfaced

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by DSparil, Mar 29, 2012.

1. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Well, 3DS games are already dumped on the internet. Credit for Nintendo for having enough security to not have a working emulator made before the handheld is actually released this time around...[though I can't imagine it would be THAT hard to get a non-3D build working based off a DS emulator...]

2. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Yepp, but I was referring to the new Xbox720 cartridge and the new PS4 copy/2ndhand_protection.

They both will lead to the crash of consumers buying both the consoles and their content.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yeah, but no method for using those dumps.

The DS emulator was pretty much unusable though, it was a pixel for pixel accurate emulation, so slow it was unusable.

And it would be very hard to do it, the architecture is completely different so it would have to be made from scratch.

4. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Lets not forget the CD-i which was competing with 3DO both of which had the sorriest batch of games in history. Need for Speed was 3DO's only good game. CDi didn't even have a game worth taking for free.

Now the NeoGeo also sported a heavy price tag. $599 console and $199.00 ++ for games...yet it was pretty successful and the second longest lived console ever produced. That says a lot right there. Price doesn't matter too much if the games for it are in enough demand.

5. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/PlayStation-Xbox-Radeon-APU-Orbis,15247.html

So basically, a AMD-3850 CPU [essentially an Athlon 2 X4] paired with a AMD 7670/6670 CPU, which are currently mid-tier GPU's at best. Releasing in Winter 2013.

I told you so. :D

6. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    This could all be settled if George Plimpton was still with us. R.I.P.

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    One big thing though is the streamlining that the console allows the the dev's. So say your Metro 2033 runs at 30fps on high at 1920x1080 on a windows based pc with the same specs as the rumored PS4, the PS4 with its very light OS and the fact that the dev knows exactly what he is making the game for he may be able to make that lower end cpu/gpu combo get say ~60fps at 1920x1080 on ultra its not out of the realm of possibilities.

btw: I would say the A8 is more on PII x4

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
  8. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Not on THAT CPU/GPU combination. Sure, not having a heavy OS helps a TON, but theres only so much you can do.

Matches my expectations though.

9. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    True but the dark horse in the combo is the APU with its integrated 6650hd GPU working in tandem with the 7670hd almost the same gpu and we Know from experience that crossfire scales almost always at 1.8-1.9x. So we may have essentially double the power of one 7670hd, hey a guy could hope for the best case scenario can't he.

10. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Crossfire between the same GPU. You also would have significantly varing latencies between the APU and GPU, which could really make coding difficult when trying to use both.

If specs are true, then I'm not impressed in the least. Then again, I was predicting just enough power to push 1080p with some AA thrown in, so I'm not shocked either.

11. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    As a result of the following rumours my friend decided to sart stocking up on games. Lol...not sure if he is paranoid or not but it's not a bad idea mto get a couple of RPGs for console so you have something to play for a while.

12. yelsewshane

yelsewshane Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire VaporX 290
    Don't care what they do anymore UTORRENT is my favorite friend :)

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I would be careful with that post on this forum. Just say'n.:3eyes: