83.0%
  2. Windows 7

28 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Dads work PC is still on 7, which is just used for basic excel stuff.

I moved to 10 about eight months ago and never looked back. Had to get used to it the first two weeks, but really that was the same with going from 98 to XP and XP to 7.

First thing i noticed when going from 7 to 10 was that games ran smoother, the image no longer had micro stutters. And no, not related to a messed up OS cuz i reinstalled 7 every year and it always felt the same.

That said, i have not installed the creators update yet. I guess i can try. Just need to make a backup with acronis first ^^

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Windows 7.
    I control my PC and like how it looks.

3. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    Win 10 Pro since 2015, currently on Creators Update. All other PCs in the house run various versions of Win 10, no reason to use Win 7 anymore on our end. Only "major" issue I've come across is old DX8 games stuttering beyond imagination, easily fixed by using d3d8to9 though. I control my PC and like how it looks. :infinity:

4. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    Windows 7 is dead to me, I skipped Windows 8/8.1 ****, I like Windows 10 Pro with Insiders I have been enjoy it.

2 cents.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Ended up installing it after making a Backup.

No issues :D

6. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    W10, and I can see no difference to W7 or W8. They all seem the same to me :p But I've been disabling all unneeded stuff since the XP days. That means no "Cortana" or any other stuff like that. The vanilla experience is probably different.

7. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    2 x Laptops windows 10 x64
    2 x Desktops Windows 10 pro x64

No interest in pervious windows OS as windows 10 does everything I want

8. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    W10 up-to-date all the way.

9. ocsystem

ocsystem Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 6600xt
    I tested my machine (same hardware) with 8.1 and 10 pro ver and notice slow bootup/ shutdown time with win10. So for this reason I will stick to 8.1 until........

10. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Main gaming PC is Win10 64bit as i wanted to keep upto date and have Directx 12 plus it was a free upgraded from win 8.1

Windows 10 is my favorite O/S i've ever used , despite all the Telemetry Collection and so called spying, but i don't have anything to hide and do understand people's concerns about the collection of their data and how this has put people off adapting to the new O/S

11. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    The argument with this is companies feel what the user doesn't know, doesn't hurt them and will also help them get a better understanding marketing-wise of how their product is being used. That usually means collecting other patterns of usage...

I have nothing to hide either, but that does not mean I am ok with giving any information that I don't know how its used. Since there are more and more data breaches, It's wise to think about where your information will end up.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  12. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    I use W7 for a number of reasons. I plan on getting W10 eventually even though I hate the changes they have made to explorer. Mainly when I upgrade my PC next. Sometime in a few years.

13. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti Elite Rev2
    Ive been on windows 10 since ground zero, transited from windows 8.1. Yes ive used all but by far windows 7 was the best installment for gaming , until windows 10 started to bug check and bug hunt. Windows 10 RC3 im on atm is flying on my rig and my wife is on a similar setup on windows 7 and it just feels so wrong now. I find window's 10 more pleasing than 8.1 and 7. But i have always upgraded and stuck with the time's. But i must say windows 2000, millennium ed and vista were the worst and sucked ****. Only time i questioned my sanity from switching to windows 10 was in early beta , mention's of the steam os araised after trying it with a massive pinch of salt an silicon , i installed 10 . As that steam os was so BAD, was like eating a scabby horse between two pissy mattress's!.

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    While Windows 8 was a bit of a mess initially and Windows 10 similarly had bugs and issues at launch too, I am glad I upgraded because it is a great operating system IMO and the best yet from Microsoft in terms of stability and overall intuitiveness. It's not perfect, no version of Windows is, but it is an evolving platform that continues to improve with each update. And since it was free then I really don't understand why anyone who has a gaming PC and an interest in playing the latest games would continue to use Windows 7.

15. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    [​IMG]

16. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Step 1, Quantum Break comes to Steam. 29th September 2016

Step 2, Halo Wars: Definitive Edition comes to Steam. 20th April 2017

Step 3, Killer Instinct also comes to Steam... 2017

Step 4, GOW? 2017?

Step 5, Forza 3, 6, 7? 2017/18?

Step 6, Halo Wars 2? April 2018? (wink wink)

Step 7, Halo 6? 2018/19?

I love my tinfoil hat, everyone should make one! :D

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  17. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    I am a tinfoil hat wearer, but Win 10 Enterprise LTSB has become my OS of choice.

Originally I installed it just for the odd game or 2, but I just enjoy using it so much more than 7.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    im surprised you say that, arnt you the one with endless store issues? Though I have to agree win10 is great better then win 7 imo, it just a "bit" more temperamental to changes and tweaks...

And the whole telemetry crap is old and stale at this point for reason not to. Im sorry but they been doing it for years, just before it was not public knowlage and all over I will to bet if some read the actual EULA most this stuff would be stated but no one ever read it.

I said it once I will say it again, we live in digital internet social crazyed age, if it going threw satellites, which just about everything is at this point, your data can be taken by anyone or anything with the know how it as simple as that. your are monitored whether you want to beleive it or not.

It the price you pay for all this tech.

19. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Sad post.

What is better than Windows 7?
    The "telemetry crap" is a big problem that will only get worse when you are prepared to bend over and take it.
    Its stale to you because you have lost your back bone.
    Lucky that some of us still stand up for what is right.

What is "all this tech" that we have to sacrifice our standards for?
    I'm not seeing benefits only worse problems, worse performance, loss of privacy and loss of liberty.
    Oh, and loss of control.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Again they been take this telemetry for YEARS unless you delusional and think they havent cause its the "nice" thing to do.

Everything is Digitial today and EVERY thing going threw satellites, if people and or companies want they will get it want that data that "encrypted" they will get it no amount denying it happens will change that.

use your devices and be happy.

Seriously what did people think would happen when everything is online and digital? did they think privacy is still thing? your smart phones/pc camera/mic could be on and you would never know.

It not sad it called being realistic, is wrong? it can be, but you can stop it and no one can less snake plisken comes and emp the whole world and kill all tech.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017