RTSS 6.6.0 OSD not working with Vulkan

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Goiur, Feb 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    As some of us said in the download thread, we are having issues with Vulkan games not showing OSD. Unwinder already said that he cant duplicate this error, so this thread is about trying to find a fix or at least help Unwinder figure where the bug (or missconfiguration) lies.

I only tried with Dota2. Reinstalled drivers, AB and RTSS with no luck. AFAIK everything is configured at defaults settings, no custom profiles or third party programs that could affect.

When i start dota2, AB shows "0 fps", so it seems AB or RTSS cant notice that some API is being used. I tried creating profiles for Dota2.exe and different application detection levels with no luck.

Any piece of advice or idea is welcome.:infinity:

@Unwinder can we post or DM you any file or log that could help identify the issue? (if you got some spare time ofc)

2. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    what is your vulkanRT version?

[​IMG]

3. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    [​IMG]

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Vulkan OSD configuration related recommendations, both 32-bit and 64-bit lightweight Vulkan samples allowing you to verify if everything is set up properly and so on are available in development forum during at least 3 months. Invest some time into reading that please.

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    RTSS 6.6.0 got no love for FOR HONOR

6. Unwinder

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah Easy Anti Cheat, there's "/eac_launcher" (Instead of "-each_launcher" with Watch_Dogs 2) and that will boot up the game without initializing this protection system but the game is online only and requires EAC to be active or you will be disconnected when you get to the in-game main menu if it can't initialize this particular component, there's no offline mode for this game either at least far as I know so there is no way around this.

Once the developers release a patch then that should hopefully also include a update to the EAC files with a newer whitelist now that RTSS 6.6.0 is out of beta though if that's going to be immediately in the next update or if it'll come later isn't something I know. (They are working on a patch but I'm not really sure if there's any additional info beyond that.)

For screenshots at least (Can't say how videos will be though.) borderless mode works though you are capturing images of the desktop but with the games window on top of it so that's what you get screens of, there's probably a better explanation for this than what I'm describing it like but it works, both for this game and also for UWP Win10 store games from what I tested with Gears of War 4 (But those are about to be supported properly.) although while you can get captures from the game you won't have the OSD statistics themselves short of either waiting for a update to the game or going back to RTSS 6.5.0 or 6.5.1 which should be whitelisted. :)

EDIT: Guessing Ubisoft will keep EAC for their upcoming games too, I'm not too certain on how well used this system is although I know some of the Steam indie games also make use of it, if it proves to be effective support will probably grow with more games adapting it similar to the earlier Punkbuster system and I think Battle.eye is still active in a few games.

Getting back to Ubisoft I haven't played the beta (There's going to be a open one in a few days.) but Ghost Recon: Wildlands might use EAC too, unsure if that game will also be online-only with it's full retail release but if it is then it might not be possible to disable EAC there either.
    (New game though and most games get a launch-day patch so there's at least a chance that RTSS 6.6.0 will be whitelisted in that game.)

EDIT: And now I see that this isn't the general Rivatuner bug reporting topic but a separate thread specific to something with Vulkan.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  8. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    I downloaded betas of 660 (2 to 5), VulkanSamples on Beta2 work, both 32 and 64.

[​IMG]

I downloaded Doom demo on Steam, but i cant make it work with Vulkan, game wont start. Tried everything that i could find on the inet but all of them were a dead end.

DX and opengl work fine, so i guess ill have to wait for a self repair on the Vulkan side.

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i tried the "/eac_launcher" command with FOR HONOR and the game crashes after this message , RTSS 6.6.0 does work though

[​IMG]

10. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    That's because the game needs that service to be running.You'll have to wait until anti cheat adds this version to it's whitelist from what I'm reading.

11. ragtag

ragtag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    I noticed this to.

12. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080

You are on your own, no one will try to help you here.

13. Unwinder

No need to lie. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.