D3DOverrider Vsync Force

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Michaeldaley, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Michaeldaley

Michaeldaley New Member

Is there any difference between forcing vsync in D3Doverrider and forcing it in game or in the Nvidia control panel?

2. Devolution

Devolution Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5850 Radeon HIS 1024MB
  3. Michaeldaley

Michaeldaley New Member

I have already searched every relevant forum and found nothing. The post you're refering me to was written before the Vsync option was even in D3Doverrider. Why can't I ask a question without getting harassed?

I just want to know if anyone has had trouble with the vsync setting in D3Doverrider, or if it's just a shortcut to the nvidia control panel setting.

4. vpshockwave

vpshockwave New Member

I'm no scholar, but as far as I know, Vsync is Vsync. It won't make a difference where you force it. I'm assuming that in this D3DOverrider you're talking about, it probably only works for D3D. But then again, I've never used it.

Bottom line is, it shouldn't matter where you enable it. Vsync is Vsync.

If you want to make sure it is enabled, just turn on the said game and make sure your FPS aren't going over the current refresh rate.

5. Gamergod

Gamergod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512mb
    Vsync forcing is totally unreliable and unstable through the NVIDIA control panel in vista. It rarely works if at all, and certainly does not allow triple buffering in DirectX games.

If you search posts by me a while back I asked if unwinder could add triple buffering and DX10 support. He gratefully did and allowed me to test it.

Since 2.04 DXoverrider has had these abilities to force at the api level ( directx ) and pretty much works for every single game I use. It is an utter godsend and I am very grateful to unwinder for this small but extremely useful application.

Only game I have found that has issues is GTA:SA which crashes when it is enabled.

So your answer is:

NV CP = Sux
    DXOverrider = Perfection.

6. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    The Crysis demo has no Vsync option and it canot be forced from the control panel in Vista. Question is can anyone confirm getting Vsync to work using RivaTuner? I have no idea why Vsync has been left out of such a big buget game, it just baffles me...

7. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
  8. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    vsync ftw here!!... works like a charm in NVCP i just have it on as a global setting, only take it off if i`m benching

9. nikitash

nikitash Banned

GPU:
    MSI R6870 HAWK
    The main difference is Force Vsync apply to those games which doesnt support Vsync at all and dont have any option in games. So if u leave it on it will only affect these games because it not on the driver level but on the application level. So i suggest you to turn off Force Vsync and enable it only for specificgames which dont have support for it.:)

10. nikitash

nikitash Banned

GPU:
    MSI R6870 HAWK
    The main difference is Force Vsync apply to those games which doesnt support Vsync at all and dont have any option in games. So if u leave it on it will only affect these games because it not on the driver level but on the application level. So i suggest you to turn off Force Vsync and enable it only for specificgames which dont have support for it.

No it doesn't relate to nvidia control panel or ATI CCC but its works only for reason said above by me.

11. ati666

ati666 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9-290x Windforc
    since you have 2.04 DXoverrider, can u post the link. so i can download it.
    as you know rt 2.24c only has 2.01 DXoverrider.

12. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    that sounds nice is the DXO 2.04 still only for VIP testers ?