Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti WindForce 3X OC tested and reviewed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 12, 2013.

1. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    The reference cooler is actually very good, I have one on my Titan and you can't actually hear it over the system fans when playing a game.

I wasn't having a go at the cooler, it's more the rubbish TDP limits on these cards.

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Do I want one? Yes. Am I willing to pay that much for a graphics card? No.

Srlsy, I'm drooling over the performance but I have a limit as to how much I'd spend on a graphics card. I think £300 is about it.

3. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    i don't see how this is a better deal than a 290x considering it's $200 cheaper than a 780Ti, especially when the 290x Non-Reference hits the shelves and mantle API released in December. As well, the 290X comes with 4GB of Vram versus this model which only has 3GB. And your paying well over $700 with taxes, that is disappointing. Things could drastically change really fast.

4. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    well considering the crashes on the 290's i'd rather pay more..but yeah @£550 i cant afford that atm and i'd rather get something with more umpf than a 780..(well am moving to higher res next yr).

5. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    As a new card, Im sure these issues will be resolved with later driver releases, exactly why I am not currently purchasing either card... but my bet is on the 290X in a month down the road.

6. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Until we get a lightning or Classified. Also on your cooler resycling hot air the all depends on how well your case flows I know when I had my 770 lightning with its twinfrozer IV cooler in my HAF922 there was much lower temps than when I was using a 670 FTW ( which uses a reference 680 cooler ).

7. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    lol sorry, I know this is irrelevant but, just looking at the graph at the bottom http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/gigabyte_geforce_gtx_780_ti_windforce_3x_review,22.html and that 7990, and the 280x, it just makes me remember why I purchased 2x 280x for £440 with BF4 in mind.

Both o/c to 1100Mhz as well they honestly chew, and spit BF4, and for a really sensible cash outlay - probably the most sensible purchase I have ever made for a PC, makes me laugh I actually paid for Titan SLI a short while ago - what an idiot lol - live and learn right?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  8. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Afaik the December release of Mantle you are referring to, is just the BF4 support.

I'm just saying so people don't get the wrong idea and expect Mantle to be released for EVERY game on December.

Also based on Hilbert's article/news below something tells me that Mantle isn't going to be an AMD exclusive in the end. ;)

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/amd_mantle_could_get_you_20_more_performance.html

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  9. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    So by this statement I'm guessing VSync is finally working properly from the graphics cards / drivers side?

10. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Sorry I have so many problems I lose track.

11. Rafyn

Rafyn Guest

GPU:
    2x Nvidia GTX 580 in SLI
    I am currently looking at getting a new card. I am looking at a non-reference GTX780ti. At the moment the two being offered to me are the Gigabyte OC with the Windforce cooler or the EVGA Superclocked with ACX cooler. Any advise on which one is the better performer.

12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I'd wait for a MSI gaming or ASUS DCU2.

13. Rafyn

Rafyn Guest

GPU:
    2x Nvidia GTX 580 in SLI
    The MSI one looks like it has the reference cooler at the moment, can see anything on their website about a custom cooler model. ASUS one not out till December. PC is currently out of action due to a liquid cooler leak which has caused current GPUs (2 x GTX580's in SLI) to need to be replaced. PC builders only at present able to offer the Gigabyte or EVGA variants, so I would like to know which would be the best option. A friend has just build a new machine using 2 GTX760s in SLI which he says is very good, is actually going for the GTX780ti even the best option? I will say I am a bit of a Nvidia fan as the only time I had AMD I have massive issues with drivers so am a bit anti AMD to be honest.....

14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    One 780Ti is better than 760SLI higher minimum frames. I like EVGA over Gigabyte if you must get one now, but if you can wait for the Twin Frozer IV cooler version or DCU2 to be released.

15. Gal&Gal

Gal&Gal Guest

GPU:
    none atm
    sup

can any one tell whats up with the power design of this card
    when i read a review of the gigabyte's oc wf3x edition it had 8+6 pin
    when i look and gigabyte's site it has 8+8 pin input....(same as GHz edition)
    this can cause trouble fitting a waterblock