Just dropped 25k in RIMM stock

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by gerardfraser, Jan 18, 2013.

1. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Anyone else drop some cash in Research In Motion stock and what you thinking the price will be when BB10 comes out and in march when they release earnings.

Bought at $14.90 now at to 15.88.

I think it will hit at $23 when BB10 released and maybe as high as $40+ when earnings released.

May also be dreaming,but might drop another 25k for the hell of it,see how it goes.

2. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    i think RIM is on it's way out, but we'll see. I am hoping boeing hit's under 70 soon.

3. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    RIMM? Dead. Google... Wait until it hits it's lowpoint and buy buy buy. Predicitions are google will show another 5 billion dollar increase in gross profits before the end of this year, and adding another 1 billion into research.

Google now owns and operates and is rolling out the largest most high speed internet anywhere in the world called Google Fibre at 1gbps, TV, free DVR and tablets included... in less than 6 months they are throughout the state of Kansas and Time Warner is crying in their pants..

Google has android, they have their search engine, their GPS system, street view, Google Earth, and it goes on to no extent. They own youtube, etc.

Everything google has done they do correctly, very seldom do you see them taking a move without thinking of the customers. Most companies are not customer oriented, Google had a competition to see who wanted their internet most! I mean come on here... Verizon would never.. Google goes where people request, and where it is profitable. They don't let their stockholders down, and their profits keep going up. Been this way since they started, and I don't see a downturn.

Their stock has blasted through the roof, and now that Apple is on its way to death it looks like, Google will gobble up most of their crap.

I blame apple for suing samsung, the world laughs at them for that one.

4. machete

machete Member Guru

GPU:
    Asrock PG 6800XT
    25k on stock! :O god i wish i can throw cash like that around. I would time travel to put 25k on potatoes

5. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    I read some info on their upcoming phone.
    It's a good phone, but nothing that stands out.
    I suppose it could slow or stop their losses, but I don't see them making gains based on their upcoming model in and of itself.

-scheherazade

6. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Thanks for the tips guys.
    I know the web says RIMM is dead,but I am tossing another 25k in ,just because I can and its a no brainer for me.
    They will hit low 20 buck mark for sure.

By the way there new OS none can match,not that it matters.

I will report back on earnings in a few days.Hope I do not lose my 50k.If I do going to do some hot chick to get over it,and that will only cost 500 LOL

7. 3dPlayer

3dPlayer Banned

GPU:
    Have
    lol :)

8. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Good investment, BB10 looks like it will be able to hold unto RIM's userbase quite well.

9. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    That's already a better investment.:banana:

10. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    i would say its a bad investment if long term. RIM have lost so much market share over the past few years they have little to no chance of making it back, new phone releases etc. will hype the market temporarily, But hope it works out well for you.

I reckon Sony are a good choice for a quick buck buying now and selling when the PS4 is released( their shares are hammered at the moment ).

11. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    And all these iPhone and Android phones do little to impress the RIM userbase, you know, the people that actually need their phone for work.

I know a lot of guys that walk around with iPhones and Android phones on them, but they also keep a Blackberry on them as well.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    On the other hand I know a lot of business people who switched away from blackberry.

13. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Me Too.....That's 100 GTX 680's..........:)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  14. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    This is seriously changing. Aftermarket stuff is rapidly making other phones as secure as BB. Not quite there yet, but the end is near.

15. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    I wouldn't buy BB stock either, I don't think they will last too long.

Sony on the other hand makes for an interesting investment, they have been suffering due to currency strength and have been making massive cuts. The future positives involve the new government which is forcing the central bank to inflate the currency, is going to inject a boatload of money into the economy (probably some aid will end up at sony) and if worst comes to worst the new government would have no issue intervening directly to save sony (bunch of nationalists).

16. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Imo get the profits out soonish because the stock is likely to go down. I don't think they have any future in Europe or Asia.

17. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    they have a future, but it's very focused on the business people. plus that 2-3 day outage is still haunting them. i'm not a stock guru. don't sue me.

18. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC

Either you have some weird passion for a dead company like RIMM, or you are just going to enjoy seeing your 50k slowly go down..

Be smart, either start doing currency trading if you have that kind of money to throw around that you idiotically do not care about, or put it into something secure like GOOGLE.

Apple also still has a "chance" at being a secure company, but with the unfortunate death of Steve Jobs the tides may be turning on Apple again.

If you are looking for some short term investment that may bring you money, RIMM may be your answer. It was up 93 cents at close on friday. Also, hype and speculation have alot to do with the market.

It all depends, long term or short term. Quick buck or big bucks? :bang:

Thats why I play craps... and wait.. and wait... then call for a 7... Last time I went I walked in with $1000, walked out with $6300. Not bad for a night. RIMM style. :banana:

19. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Well say what you will.
    If I sell now up 10k in 4 days I must be stoopid.

20. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Putting money now in Apple is stupid IMO. Their stock is probably >10x overvalued. Those who put money in it last September are probably crying now.