Samsung Galaxy S4 Coming March 15th, Shipping To Europe in April

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Link gives an error, HH.

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Excellent, i'd like to upgrade my current s2 for one of these, 1080 wow! i always have to reduce bit-rate for my vids on the s2.

5. neddyk

neddyk New Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080 SLI
    Hi Hilbert

I think this line quoted below needs to grammatically adjusted lol.

"yet the has bee swapped out"

6. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    8 cores, 5", probably plastic body design..

ehmm. who the hell needs 8 cores? ffs fix the battery. develop better battery life please.

Samsung you are boring. Apple you design good but you are boring. Nokia, is doing good. need to catch rivals.

7. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Agree with you there ^^ Give us better battery! My galaxys2 is fast enough! Whats the point of all those cores, ram etc if phone doesnt last more than a day?!

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Yeah and the more core the more power cunsumption.

9. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Cores, battery etc. is fine. What's draining the battery is Google's own location service which is permanently on and cannot be stopped. My mate rooted his S2 and disabled the service and he gets days with heavy game usage on his phone.

Plastic body is unimpressive, but it's apparent that they don't care because they have market share and a ridiculous budget for advertising. Also the S4 looks unimpressive compared to the S3. This is why they churn out phones quicker. I wish they'd take an extra step or two and use unique materials to design a comfortable phone like HTC do.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Its not plastic like S3.
    http://circle.cspire.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-38541-1438/Samsung+Galaxy+4.jpg

btw it uses 2 x4 cores and only 4 cores are active at time, 4 are faster for demanding apps., 4 slower for normal usage.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I love my Samsung Galaxy S III but even with a 1280x800 resolution the 5" looks super crisp and sharp and I can barely make out any pixels. I have to question whether a higher resolution is really necessary on a phone with a 5" screen but I guess a 1920x1080 resolution would make viewing any text on websites, magazines and book less pixellated. I haven't been that impressed with the battery life on my S III, especially since the Jellybean update, so I can only wonder what extra drain that 1920x1080 screen will put on the battery.

My T-Mobile contract is for two years so I won't be upgrading until the Galaxy S V comes out next year. Since I got an iPad 4 before New Year, I don't really use my mobile as much any more except for making the odd phone call and sending text messages. Oh and for listening to music on while walking around. Prior to that I was using it for games, browsing, watching videos and sending/receiving emails on but it just cannot compare to the iPad's glorious 10" 2048x1536 screen which has a much better suited 4:3 aspect ratio for reading magazines and browsing. 16:9 and 16:10 screens just feel really narrow now for stuff like that. I've found myself using my PC less and less too as it is so much comfortable to be able to browse and check emails away from a desk, whether it is on a smartphone or tablet.

12. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    So that company which sells heavy-duty batteries along with a replacement back will do a roaring trade with the new SGS4 owners. ;)
    My SGS3 can go about three days between charges, and it's already like a pocket media centre.

13. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    No it doesn't, no he isn't.

4 cores for power, off if you don't need them, 4 lower-power cores for normal usage. That is for battery, not sure what your complaint is there.

As for battery technology...People all over the world in all manner of billion dollar industries have been working on that technology for years. It's not an easy one. The only thing they can do is put bigger batteries in, which doesn't sell phones.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The s3 and the n2 aren't even all that old... Now I feel like Samsung is just pumping a new one out every 6 months or so.

I love my 4s, but if I were to get another phone it would easily be a Samsung.

15. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    And I just had my Nexus 4 come in the mail today (finally!) :(

16. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Sell it on ebay :) might get even more for it :p ^^

I doubt you can go days on one charge with heavy gaming. my phone is rooted too. It lasts about 24 hours with normal usage.

17. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I prefer plastic, it resists scratching and dents and is much lighter.

The phone's battery life is going to be fine.

The S3 will be a year old when the S4 launches and I feel like the note 2 is different enough to not cannibalize their own S4 sales.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Y u no Nexus4

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Probably because he wants a phone that doesn't need to be put into a freezer to work properly.

20. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    my upgrade is due in July, i'll be having one of these yes thank you very much please!!