ATI CrossFire Xtension v1.4 - A way to force crossfire w/ profiles

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by king-dubs, Apr 18, 2009.

1. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Problem is, those things apply globally to everything. This program allows you to control the settings for individual programs.

2. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Great peace of software! Keep up the great work! Hope you continue support and add more and more games each version? Thx

3. klexical

klexical Member

GPU:
    Dual Asus 3870x2's
    anyway to use this with warhammer online?

4. PDOstrander

PDOstrander New Member

GPU:
    Saphire 4870 X2
    I'd be interested to know if this can be made to work with Warhamer Online as well. I know the app launches a pather program, which in turn lunches the actual game exe. Anyone have any insight...?

5. Iarwain

Iarwain Banned

GPU:
    4890 990//1120
    You would need to use the actual .exe. So, when you launcher Warhammer, wait for the game itself to come up, minimize it, go to the task manager and find the .exe it is running from. Use that one, not the launcher.

6. klexical

klexical Member

GPU:
    Dual Asus 3870x2's
    The game won't run without running the launcher first, anyway around that?

7. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    Anyone run into this error:
    System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Games\Far Cry 2\bin' is denied eventhough the permissions show Everyone full control?

8. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    nah haven't got that before, guys what games need crossfire extension, would I see gains in say Crysis, GRID or Warhead, or other games that have crossfire profiles already? If so does this only happen if I use crossfire in way rather than AFR?

9. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    Games that need "Force Crossfire":
    -FEAR2 (Support was added in Catalyst 9.2)
    -Project64
    -AssaultCube
    -FurMark (the author already did this in v1.6.5)
    -Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    -Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
    -Any newer games to come out will need it, until the next Catalyst driver

Games that do not use optimal CrossFire configuration:
    -America's Army (don't check Force CrossFire for this, just set the CF mode to Split-Frame Rendering or Supertiling, it flickers badly with default AFR)
    -Any other game that you notice bad flickering due to AFR or poor performance due to AFR

Just for your information guys, GTA IV will NOT and can NOT be used with "Force CrossFire", but it can be with everything else. But just fyi, changing the CF mode to anything other than AUTO or AFR results in graphical corruption in GTA IV.

10. genbrien

genbrien Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980
    is it normal that whatever # of AA I put it doesnt work ????
    should I put in the CC use app setting or force AA

11. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    You MUST set CCC image quality settings to default (including AA, which is "Application Controlled").

12. Lozeritis

Lozeritis Member Guru

GPU:
    (2x) ATI 4870 1GB XFire
    Has anyone gotten Battlestations: Pacific to play nice with Crossfire using this?

Even with the new Cat9.5's I get less frames with crossfire on than with it off.

13. klexical

klexical Member

GPU:
    Dual Asus 3870x2's
    any luck on getting warhammer online to work?, the game can't run without running the launcher ( patcher ) therefore the exe can't be launched directly via Xtension.

14. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    or with rivatuner hardware monitoring and g15 keyboard

edit : can i use this to make my tv card and windows media centre tv use crossfire?

15. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    im only asking bout tv card because on my system(specs listed) with my better tv card i can record hdtv and play it back with no problems, also media centre activates 3dclocks on first card on x2(whish in turh activates an o.c. profile on that gpu).
    but on my friends old pentium d celeron with two HD2600 in it with older and cheaper tvcard, when he tries to record HD tv and then when play it back its like trying to watch you-tube on dial-up, with lots of stutter. also he is on xp so has to use winfast tv application.
    so if he used this app to use the second gpu as well for the winfast HDTV would he get better perfermance or not ? as rivatuner does say that 10-30% of 1st gpu used and 10=20% of cpu. (maybe if he o.c. his cpu as well )
    he is scared (paranoid if ya ask me ) it may hurt something if it didnt work

16. victor888

victor888 New Member

GPU:
    HD2900XT/HD3870X2/HD4850
    ATI got the juice

and we love it

thanks bro~

17. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster

bump- need answer

18. eiren

eiren Active Member

GPU:
    GTX480 @ 890
    Thank you ever so much for this tool.

I have used many ATI tweakers and tools (ATT, RivaTuner etc), and this has to be the best by far.

I have all my current games set-up in the list of games, and each one I have created a profile that ensures Crossfire is on, AA is set to x8, and AF is set to x16.

Then I simply pick the game .exe from the list of games, or the nearest matching game i.e. oblivion.exe for Fallout 3.

For any games using the Unreal Engine 3 i.e. Mass Effect games, Bioshock etc I like to force the SuperSampling AA Crossfire mode on... so that it uses superior SuperSampling AA on those DX9 games. Looks gorgeous.

I also find that this tool can fix any flashing you find on games when Crossfire is on. All you need to do is select another method of Crossfire Rendering other than AFR (Alternate Frame Rendering), and the flashing is gone! It's fixed flashing in any game that I've come across it in.

This tool basically can fix most problems with any ATI drivers, and with a bit of experimentation you can get performance increases in many games.

Best ATI tool ever... thank you so much for this.

I seriously hope this is the implementation of profiles that ATI are planning for the 10.2/10.3 drivers... as that would be the best move they ever made software wise.

My thanks once again.

19. skunksmash

skunksmash Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5970 + GTX260
    will this work on the 5970...???, im suffering with that flickering crap. :)

20. eiren

eiren Active Member

GPU:
    GTX480 @ 890
    Should work fine. Works on my HD4870 X2 which is another dual GPU card.

Try setting to Scissors or SuperTiling Crossfire mode and see if that gets rid of it.