MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 7(2013-03-14)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Mar 14, 2013.

1. IamGODobeyORdie

IamGODobeyORdie Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 780@SLI & GTX 780M
    I dont think so, because I have had issues with both beta6 and 7, i went back to 2.3.1, and all is well again. You are a great programmer unwinder, and all youre software are great, but even you are not perfect!? :)

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

And I do. He is reporting changes between beta 6 and beta 7, there are NO changes which could affect stability even in theory besides adding voltage control for some AMD models and providing access to old CFG options via GUI. So please let me decide what can be a bug and what can be (and what is) PEBCAK issue.
    Dear newbies, just stay away from betas as far as it is possible. It is not intended for you.

3. Unwinder

Note for translators:

There are no new GUI changes expected in 3.0.0, most likely this beta will become final 3.0.0 in the next couple weeks. So it is good time to start updating your localizations now. Currently English, Russian and Italian localizations are fully up to date, the rest language packs need to be updated to reflect new GUI items for Titan and new compatibility options introduced in General tab.

4. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    ^ that means you Pill Monster

You thought I was trolling by providing a possible solution to your problem? I practice my own advice, and tooltips working just fine for me :infinity:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Go **** yourself, you're an amateur.

And btw, you're reported for trolling.

6. Unwinder

Guys, stop that please.

7. Ltmatt

Ltmatt Guest

GPU:
    HIS Ice-Q 7950 Crossfire
    This new beta version (7) of afterburner has enabled voltage control on my girlfriends Gigabyte HD7770 OC card, which is great. However the voltage only goes as far as 1.25v where as with Trixxx it can go as high as 1.35v. Although i wouldn't run it that high it would be nice if i could get it up to 1.275v or maybe 1.3v using afterburner. Will that ever be possible or is this the highest it will go? Trixx is not my proffered over clocking software and given a choice id rather use afterburner.

8. Unwinder

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4553879&postcount=5

9. Mac.Sniper_E.

Mac.Sniper_E. Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX670-dc2-2gd5 (OC)
    That's correct Alex. So, based on your answer i will further investigate why these problems only popped up after the install of B7.

Extra Q: is the uninstall of B7 different from previous release?

10. Unwinder

Why would uninstaller be different? Don't waste time on investigation, that's some different issue and I won't be able to assist of "fix" anything.

11. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I am curious , when you say crashed, you mean BF3 crashed or AB crashed .

The first thing I would check is disable OSD as that can have issues with anti-cheat app that games use . if that does work, look to see your anti-cheat app used by BF3 is up to date .
    Depending on type of crash it could also be driver related ,or just clocked little to high for conditions when you ran game .

12. zbaic

zbaic Active Member

Hi!

I've got Radeon HD7850 here and have some issues with newly introduced core voltage control for that series (big thanks, btw :)):

1st some info: the default core voltage in 3D mode for my card is 1210 mV.

I can change it (overvolt) in 1210 - 1225 mV range, but undervolt (anything below the default value of 1210 mV) does NOT work - I can apply the new lower voltage, but it actually stays @ 1210 mV regardless - as monitoring does show). Is it a bug or a known issue or sofware/hardware limitation (and if the latter, what's the cause - voltage regulator used on the card maybe)?

And, why max overvolt is only 1225 mV (only +15 mV from 1210 mV)? Is it software or hardware limit (I'd like to be able to go 1250 mV at least).

btw: which voltage regulator is used on reference HD7850's?

===

2nd issue (not only with beta7, also in last stable ver): in QuakeLive, OSD does not work at all for me (does not even show up)? Again, is it a known problem, and how to make it show up in-game?

thanks!

13. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Always try a clean install of Afterburner before reporting crashes caused by Afterburner:
    Uninstall->Reboot->Install

Recently I had crashes in games due to corrupted OSDServer config file. It's something easily solved by doing a clean install (or deleting config file and have it regenerated).

14. Unwinder

15. zbaic

zbaic Active Member

@Unwinder:

thanks, I've read that topic, and it kinda anwers my questions re overvolting and 1225 mV limit, but: what about undervolting? and what about missing OSD in QuakeLive :)?

so my card does not have a programmable VRM? What VRM is/are used on reference design (PCB - not cooling!) HD 7850's?

16. Unwinder

Read it one more time. Under or overvoltage doesn't matter, you have limited set of voltages you can choose with such control. And release notes says LIMITED not just for fun.
    On QL: use search as well, no 64-bit support and OSD is disabled in all popular browsers by default.

17. Ltmatt

Ltmatt Guest

GPU:
    HIS Ice-Q 7950 Crossfire
  18. zbaic

zbaic Active Member

well, too bad :( - wasn't aware my card doesn't have a programmable VRM. Guess it's to cut down costs but damn, how much can such a chip cost (in volume), after all?

Do you know if all Radeons HD 7870 XT (Tahiti LE based) have programmable VRMs? I could swap my card for that.

Btw where can I find an up-to-date list of AB-supported VRMs and GPUs they're on? Searched in "Afterburner User Manual.pdf" and ReadMe.pdf, and it's not there. I'd like to know which next card to choose which has a fully programmable VRM.

I'm running QL in a normal 32-bit browser (mainly in Firefox). Can I still enable/force OSD in Firefox (I know where :))? Which settings to use? Any possible side effects?

any particular reason for that?

19. JulioCesarSF

JulioCesarSF Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780 Ti
    • RestoreAfterSuspendedMode configuration file switch is no longer undocumented, now it is enabled by default and accessible via GUI in "General" tab in "Compatibility properties" section
    • Recompiled kernel mode driver to bypass false positive in driver verifier

These two items affect anything in overclocking?

I saw a threshold voltage on the post in 7770.

About MSI GTX 680 Lightning them, is there any voltage limit documented?
    Is there any possibility of passing core voltage of +100 mv by default (something like 150mV would be great already, so no need to use auxiliary voltages)?

20. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I haven't mess with 3.0beta's yet but i don't think anything has changed with voltages with Nvidia Lightening and PE versions . I am pretty sure you will need to add few lines to config file to get voltages working .

PS: I don't know lines for Lightening but they been posted in few threads (older version threads) .