CM Storm QuickFire Stealth mechanical keyboard

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    CoolerMaster has shown its CM Storm QuickFire Stealth, a pendingmechanical keyboard with icons and letters printed on the front instead of the top side of the keycaps. The keyboard is available at the...

CM Storm QuickFire Stealth mechanical keyboard

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    You have that Crytek article blended with this.

3. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    ...whats the point of printing it that way?

4. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    Neat. They're usually good priced compared to other mech keyboard vendors.

5. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Exactly.

6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    So they can be stingy and cheap out on the backlighting that models like the QuickFire TK have. That's the one I bought, I find that CM cut corners wherever possible when it comes to keyboards.

The only reason I bought a QF TK is because it was the only one that had MX Blue switches, supposed N-Key rollover (it doesn't, that's an outright bold-faced lie which they should be sued over), and full blue backlighting for a price which wasn't outrageous. It's MSRP is $100 and I bought mine for $90, others with those features are outrageously priced.

Overall it's satisfactory, but I don't like the fact that they made it a mini keyboard with a lot of functions set to secondary, that means I can't just alt+F4 anymore. Even $90 is a stupid price for $2 worth of plastic and manufacturing/labour/shipping costs, but it was the best I could find. I wouldn't be so pissed off if its N-Key rollover really was N-Key, it's in fact 6 key, and its so called 6 key rollover is more like zero, it can lock at the 3rd key, meaning only 2 are pressed.

The sad part is, if I shopped around even now, this would still be my top pick. Just remember that their 6-key and N-key rollover claims are outright lies.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013