Max Payne 3 System Requirements

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by pokerapar88, Apr 23, 2012.

1. p0ppa

p0ppa Guest

GPU:
    Strix 3080 OC
    really waiting for this game. I loved max payne 1 and 2

2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The opposite of an awesomely huge crap :crapper:? Like a teeny weeny wee wee of a game :peeleft:?!

3. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

dx9 wtf?

4. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Do xbox 360 version > port to PC (DX9 version) > add MSAA and optimize a little (DX10 version) > add character model tesselation so the PR dept can make more noise (DX11 version).

Besides, its based on "Rockstar's Advanced Game Engine" which was designed (apparently) for first gen DX10 hardware, so DX9 and DX10 support was a must back then.

I thought GTA IV graphics were very nice, plus all the physics going on were too. It had some cool stuff like Euphoria for animations, procedural clutter, realistic water (not like Skyrim's paint-flat-geometry-with-transparent-texture water), lighting model was pretty cool, dynamic shadowing all around, etc. Cutting edge when it was released. When you have games like CoD cutting corners (corners=shadows) so they can have more detail in a friggin corridor, things get in perspective.

I dont expect a city to navigate around so probably scenery will be much more detailed on this game.

5. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Which is a shame really, an open sandbox MaxPayne game with a city to roam about would be mindblowing.

6. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Yeah, man that would be the bomb!

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I've a 512k connection.

8. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    I'm all for open cities to mess around. But probably Rockstar would get a lot of "This is GTA with slo-mo, not Max Payne!" bashing i guess.

9. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    It's a shame it's being released when it is, I will be completely busy with Diablo III so I won't be getting MP3 any time soon, even though I want to, there's just not enough hours in the day.

10. The Michael

The Michael Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Guess it would most likely kill the well directed story-driven experience.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    That would not be good for a Max Payne game.
    Max's games are so good because of how focused they are. How driven the entire flow of the game is.
    From characters, story, level progression... all of it. There's a feeling of tension and excitement that comes from the fast paced drive of Max Payne.

Open world games can't maintain that feel. And to try and put Max in such a game would not only feel completely wrong, but it even sounds wrong.

And really, people were jumping on Rockstar for changing Max Payne's look, the setting... even adding in levels during the day time.
    If Rockstar had put Max in an open world game... the backlash would've been terrible. Not to mention the constant comparisons to the GTA series.

Personally, Max Payne games need to be linear, story driven affairs. They need that focused drive.

12. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I agree a sandbox MaxPayne would almost feel the same like GTA V and thats prob the reason Rockstar doesnt allow this.

Still, i cant see how a big open city would destroy the impression of a focussed story or fast paced action. In GTA IV we had all that, just no slowmo / fancy shooting animations.

Remember the scenes in MP2 where you 'work' at the police apartement? I wished you could get a call on the phone or receive a mail or wahtever, go down into the garage and race with your policecar to a crimescene within 5mins. The tightly focussed story would start when you arrive at the scene and those combat animations / slowmo would happen inhouse / in backyards.
    After the site is secured you & your colleques search for clues and interrogate arrested ppl about the background story. And on and on.

Well, its all personal taste of course.

13. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    wonder how this game is going to run on my brand new spanky Gtx 690? :D if it lags or stutters i'm going to be pissed.

14. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Yeah, and bomb Nvidia headquarters for their lousy work xD

Nah man, its going to run just fine :)
    I'm going to be pissed if it doesn't work on mi setup.
    I can't afford 1000 USD on a VGA xD best case scenario i'd proly get only one GTX 680 or 670

15. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

how do you know ???

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    As long as you don't enable v-sync then you should be fine! ;)

(Google 'gtx 680 vsync stutter' for more info)

17. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    U kiddin', right?

18. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    nice setup you got there, i think MP III will run fine on your computer, although definitely looks like a heavy'ish game.

we'll find out soon :devil: if performance is bad, my minions from hell are going to torment nvidia and the developers of max payne 3 for eternity.

i don't use vsync on 90% of my games anyway (only enabled for sport games ) so theoretically i should be fine.

before i exchanged my 680 for the 690, i had no stutter in the few games i played with vsync enabled, had the latest 301.xx drivers installed and games were working great, no hitches or stutters.

even now with the new gtx690 i'm still not affected, i tried vsync on crysis 2, turok, afterfall, metro2033 etc (just to try), maybe it depends on the computer and how it interacts with the card and drivers, or maybe i'm lucky who knows. :)

they're new cards though, it's going to take a couple of releases in order to solve issues, improve performance etc.